Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
GoFundMe - Trump's Wall

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 01:06 PM by mikesez.)

(01-16-2019, 12:34 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 10:52 AM)mikesez Wrote: I'm down for reducing staff in agencies that aren't actually doing anything useful, but c'mon man, that is not what is happening here.
Air Traffic Controllers aren't getting paid.  You're calling their work non-essential?!

Seems we've done without them before. Are you saying the Market can't solve that problem for us?

It might not be a bad idea to privatize Air traffic control. But that's a process. You don't just stop paying them and see what happens.

(01-16-2019, 12:45 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: No reports of airliners smacking into each other so far.  This is likely something AI can do better anyway.

They're working, they're just going without pay.  For now.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 04:50 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

(01-16-2019, 09:32 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 09:17 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The college kids loved the hamberders too. Another reason why Trump is YOUR president is because he has his finger on the pulse of the nation and just "gets it".
Or was it just the cheapest option? McDonalds and Burger King?

If he really did have a pulse on the nation, he would have bought them Five Guys and Chick Fila.

Gonna go with the first part, the cheapest. 

He would have cussed out whoever made the recommendation for Panera’s or Zazby’s real American Fast food

(01-16-2019, 12:45 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: No reports of airliners smacking into each other so far.  This is likely something AI can do better anyway.

Allen Iverson can crossover planes?

(01-16-2019, 09:48 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 09:32 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Or was it just the cheapest option? McDonalds and Burger King?

If he really did have a pulse on the nation, he would have bought them Five Guys and Chick Fila.

He paid for it himself.

The left's inability to give him credit for ANYTHING is the main reason they end up looking so silly.

He will write it off on his.....................................

Taxes
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 05:36 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

(01-16-2019, 04:47 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 09:32 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Or was it just the cheapest option? McDonalds and Burger King?

Gonna go with the first part, the cheapest. 

He would have cussed out whoever made the recommendation for Panera’s or Zazby’s real American Fast food

You guys will believe anything so long as it supports your worldview. 

Trump was widely popular and liked by almost everyone that knew him before he outed himself as a Republican.

JagNGeorgia
(01-16-2019, 04:47 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Gonna go with the first part, the cheapest. 

Trump was widely popular and liked by almost everyone that knew him before he outed himself as a Republican.

Trump was well liked when it came to the Central Park 5?

He was well liked when he created a fraud university?

Trump was well liked when being sued for housing discrimination and had to settle.

Trump was liked when he had to pay workers (illegal immigrants) he hired for various contractor jobs.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(01-16-2019, 07:41 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: JagNGeorgia
(01-16-2019, 04:47 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Gonna go with the first part, the cheapest. 

Trump was well liked when being sued for housing discrimination and had to settle.

Trump was liked when he had to pay workers (illegal immigrants) he hired for various contractor jobs.

Yes.

(01-16-2019, 07:57 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:

Yes.
So you knowingly voted for someone who was going to dupe you?

(01-16-2019, 10:16 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 07:57 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Yes.
So you knowingly voted for someone who was going to dupe you?

Do you always twist everything into something that fits your narrative?

Oh gosh yes, the lefties in media, entertainment, and politics absolutely loved the guy back then. None of those things were bad until he committed class treason and outed himself as a Republican.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-16-2019, 11:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Oh gosh yes, the lefties in media, entertainment, and politics absolutely loved the guy back then. None of those things were bad until he committed class treason and outed himself as a Republican.

Oh those poor persecuted Republicans.  So sad they can only get 62 million people to vote for them, and only control the wihite house and the Senate. What a hated minority they must be.

(01-17-2019, 09:42 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 11:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Oh gosh yes, the lefties in media, entertainment, and politics absolutely loved the guy back then. None of those things were bad until he committed class treason and outed himself as a Republican.

Oh those poor persecuted Republicans.  So sad they can only get 62 million people to vote for them, and only control the wihite house and the Senate. What a hated minority they must be.

Who said anything about that? You dispute that those groups liked him before his politics were an issue even though all those things listed were know at the time? Nice to see The Republican Champion of the Leftist Movement is on the case once again!

(01-16-2019, 10:47 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 10:16 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: So you knowingly voted for someone who was going to dupe you?

With JFC it's about race, always and forever. And if it's not, then it is anyway, somehow.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-16-2019, 10:47 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 10:16 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: So you knowingly voted for someone who was going to dupe you?

That wall ain’t gettin built. Trump lied to YOUR party about Russia, He’s toast. Can you admit that?

(01-17-2019, 01:10 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 10:47 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Do you always twist everything into something that fits your narrative?

That wall ain’t gettin built. Trump lied to YOUR party about Russia, He’s toast. Can you admit that?

The "wall" IS getting built. This is about additional appropriations so it can continue while improving other aspects of border security.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(01-17-2019, 12:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 09:42 AM)mikesez Wrote: Oh those poor persecuted Republicans.  So sad they can only get 62 million people to vote for them, and only control the wihite house and the Senate. What a hated minority they must be.

Who said anything about that? You dispute that those groups liked him before his politics were an issue even though all those things listed were know at the time? Nice to see The Republican Champion of the Leftist Movement is on the case once again!

Your post came across as whiny.  I called it out as such.
I don't know who liked him before he threw his hat in the ring.  And I don't care.  After you asked, I tried to find a little info, but it turns out they don't frequently do public opinion polls on people who aren't running for office.  If I had the info I'd pass it on, because you asked and I'm a courteous person.  But I don't care about that and I don't think most people do.

(01-17-2019, 01:26 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 01:10 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: That wall ain’t gettin built. Trump lied to YOUR party about Russia, He’s toast. Can you admit that?

The "wall" IS getting built. This is about additional appropriations so it can continue while improving other aspects of border security.

No, it's really not, because it's a stupid non-solution to an overstated problem. Unless you're going to wall off legal entry points and put really, really big walls around airports to keep people with student visas from getting in, you're not going to stop the flow with it.

(01-17-2019, 02:51 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 01:26 PM)B2hibry Wrote: The "wall" IS getting built. This is about additional appropriations so it can continue while improving other aspects of border security.

No, it's really not, because it's a stupid non-solution to an overstated problem. Unless you're going to wall off legal entry points and put really, really big walls around airports to keep people with student visas from getting in, you're not going to stop the flow with it.

You view it as stupid because you apparently have misunderstood what the problem really is. It's not the legal ports of entry, student visas, H1 visas, airports, or any other means of legal entry. It is the "illegal" part of "illegal immigration". That is the issue. I don't believe many folks have an issue with trying to come work in the US or immigrate using the legal methods. I'm stunned you got so far confused in all this. I suppose you also don't understand that the additional wall funding is not being sold as a sole solution. It's a continuing resolution to just one piece of the puzzle. It's also just one part of the over budget request from the POTUS and DHS. It makes no sense to fund any one piece without the others. How is this so difficult for folks to understand?

(01-17-2019, 03:20 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 02:51 PM)TJBender Wrote: No, it's really not, because it's a stupid non-solution to an overstated problem. Unless you're going to wall off legal entry points and put really, really big walls around airports to keep people with student visas from getting in, you're not going to stop the flow with it.

You view it as stupid because you apparently have misunderstood what the problem really is. It's not the legal ports of entry, student visas, H1 visas, airports, or any other means of legal entry. It is the "illegal" part of "illegal immigration". That is the issue. I don't believe many folks have an issue with trying to come work in the US or immigrate using the legal methods. I'm stunned you got so far confused in all this. I suppose you also don't understand that the additional wall funding is not being sold as a sole solution. It's a continuing resolution to just one piece of the puzzle. It's also just one part of the over budget request from the POTUS and DHS. It makes no sense to fund any one piece without the others. How is this so difficult for folks to understand?
I beg to differ on this thought.

(01-17-2019, 03:20 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 02:51 PM)TJBender Wrote: No, it's really not, because it's a stupid non-solution to an overstated problem. Unless you're going to wall off legal entry points and put really, really big walls around airports to keep people with student visas from getting in, you're not going to stop the flow with it.

The Trump administration has repeatedly asked for reductions in the number of legal visas of all types, and they have scuttled some deals with Congress, both parties in Congress, over that request.
Stephen Miller has repeatedly said he wants to reduce both legal and illegal immigration.  Bannon too.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2019, 04:22 PM by B2hibry.)

(01-17-2019, 03:34 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 03:20 PM)B2hibry Wrote: You view it as stupid because you apparently have misunderstood what the problem really is. It's not the legal ports of entry, student visas, H1 visas, airports, or any other means of legal entry. It is the "illegal" part of "illegal immigration". That is the issue. I don't believe many folks have an issue with trying to come work in the US or immigrate using the legal methods. I'm stunned you got so far confused in all this. I suppose you also don't understand that the additional wall funding is not being sold as a sole solution. It's a continuing resolution to just one piece of the puzzle. It's also just one part of the over budget request from the POTUS and DHS. It makes no sense to fund any one piece without the others. How is this so difficult for folks to understand?

The Trump administration has repeatedly asked for reductions in the number of legal visas of all types, and they have scuttled some deals with Congress, both parties in Congress, over that request.
Stephen Miller has repeatedly said he wants to reduce both legal and illegal immigration.  Bannon too.
If we're being honest, there has been outdated Congressional quotas since about 1990. Yes, Congress sets immigration numbers, not the POTUS. However, the POTUS can shutdown refugee programs if he so chooses. As a sidebar, the White has been talking with Congress since January of last year and even as recently as this week about streamlining the path to citizenship for certain visa holders numbering close to 1.8 million folks. Runs contrary to what you typed. In any case, back to the "wall"...

(01-17-2019, 03:29 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 03:20 PM)B2hibry Wrote: You view it as stupid because you apparently have misunderstood what the problem really is. It's not the legal ports of entry, student visas, H1 visas, airports, or any other means of legal entry. It is the "illegal" part of "illegal immigration". That is the issue. I don't believe many folks have an issue with trying to come work in the US or immigrate using the legal methods. I'm stunned you got so far confused in all this. I suppose you also don't understand that the additional wall funding is not being sold as a sole solution. It's a continuing resolution to just one piece of the puzzle. It's also just one part of the over budget request from the POTUS and DHS. It makes no sense to fund any one piece without the others. How is this so difficult for folks to understand?
I beg to differ on this thought.

How so?

What's good for the goose, is good for the gander... "Trump denies Pelosi aircraft for foreign trip in response to call for State of the Union delay"

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/17/trump-po...tdown.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...1be96d5094

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-d...nion-delay

(01-17-2019, 01:26 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 01:10 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: That wall ain’t gettin built. Trump lied to YOUR party about Russia, He’s toast. Can you admit that?

Haha, the GOP is failing with this one size fits all approach on immigration reform. They can’t even present effectively through valid research how building this wall will end illegal crossings and the flow of weapons and drugs.

(01-17-2019, 01:32 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 12:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Who said anything about that? You dispute that those groups liked him before his politics were an issue even though all those things listed were know at the time? Nice to see The Republican Champion of the Leftist Movement is on the case once again!

Your post came across as whiny.  I called it out as such.
I don't know who liked him before he threw his hat in the ring.  And I don't care.  After you asked, I tried to find a little info, but it turns out they don't frequently do public opinion polls on people who aren't running for office.  If I had the info I'd pass it on, because you asked and I'm a courteous person.  But I don't care about that and I don't think most people do.

Ah, so you admit that you just posted uninformed drivel. Good, good...we're making progress on the real you.

(01-17-2019, 04:42 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 01:26 PM)B2hibry Wrote: The "wall" IS getting built. This is about additional appropriations so it can continue while improving other aspects of border security.

Haha, the GOP is failing with this one size fits all approach on immigration reform. They can’t even present effectively through valid research how building this wall will end illegal crossings and the flow of weapons and drugs.

That you need "valid research" to understand how a wall works tells us all we need to know.