Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Democratic Presidential Candidates

Placeholder thread to discuss Democratic candidates as they officially announce their bids. So far we have:

1. Kamala Harris
2. Elizabeth Warren
3. Kristen Gillibrand
4. Julian Castro
5. Tulsi Gabbard
6. Richard Ojeda
7. John Delaney

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-21-2019, 09:15 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Placeholder thread to discuss Democratic candidates as they officially announce their bids. So far we have:

1. Kamala Harris
2. Elizabeth Warren
3. Kristen Gillibrand
4. Julian Castro
5. Tulsi Gabbard
6. Richard Ojeda
7. John Delaney

John Delaney has been an ally regarding fighting gerrymandering and creating space for third parties to win seats.  He's the only one who does anything for me.  
I can't be sure what other voters are looking for, but based on history they are looking for someone sort of squishy policy wise but a very dynamic and optimistic speaker.  Castro is definitely trying to be that, almost imitating Obama's cadence to the point of parody.  But that's inauthentic.  I've heard Warren speak to and she doesn't have it. The others, I haven't heard speak yet.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Pretty putrid list.

Agree with mike in that the standout will be the one who can “preach” to the masses eloquently without being firm on where he/sh stands on certain policies. Although, Congressional candidates were largely selected on young and/or controversial. May be the time to really ramp up a third party.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

The only ones I really worry about are Harris and Beto (he will announce soon). I am not sure if Harris has the support of middle America though.

Add Amy Knobluchar to that list and don't underestimate her. She makes all indications that she intends to run as much more of a centrist than the others.

Whether you agree that she is actually a centrist or not, in my opinion, she will be much more electable than almost all the others IF she gets the nomination.

Kamala Harris will most likely be president, just a matter of when. (An observation mot advocacy.)

Here's a group photo:

[Image: main_900.jpg?1540237513]

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2019, 11:59 AM by The Real Marty.)

(01-21-2019, 10:44 AM)jj82284 Wrote: Kamala Harris will most likely be president, just a matter of when.  (An observation mot advocacy.)

Why?  I can't see that at all.

(01-21-2019, 11:34 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: Here's a group photo:

[Image: main_900.jpg?1540237513]

Cool --- looks like we narrowed down the field.

(01-21-2019, 10:23 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The only ones I really worry about are Harris and Beto (he will announce soon). I am not sure if Harris has the support of middle America though.

I saw about 30 seconds of Beto's concession speech and I think he *might* have that Obama/Bill Clinton moxie without just being a direct imitation.
I also saw a hit piece on foxnews.com criticizing him for seeming uninformed or wishy washy during an interview.  And I thought to myself, criticize if you want, but this is probably exactly what the people want at this point, one year before the NH primaries.

(01-21-2019, 12:58 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 10:23 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The only ones I really worry about are Harris and Beto (he will announce soon). I am not sure if Harris has the support of middle America though.

I saw about 30 seconds of Beto's concession speech and I think he *might* have that Obama/Bill Clinton moxie without just being a direct imitation.
I also saw a hit piece on foxnews.com criticizing him for seeming uninformed or wishy washy during an interview.  And I thought to myself, criticize if you want, but this is probably exactly what the people want at this point, one year before the NH primaries.

A lot can happen between now and next year. I think the dems are still trying to figure out if their base wants them to be more moderate or more extreme like AOC.

7 awful humans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlLG-uQs2dw

It is cringe-worthy watching some of these candidates try to act like normal human beings.

To tjs point as much as I would like it to be otherwise I know that eventually we're going to have another Democratic president and I think they right now of the field and projected fields of democratic nominees I think that she's the most charismatic and relatable. Not to mention easy on the eyes.

(01-21-2019, 09:15 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Placeholder thread to discuss Democratic candidates as they officially announce their bids. So far we have:

1. Kamala Harris
2. Elizabeth Warren
3. Kristen Gillibrand
4. Julian Castro
5. Tulsi Gabbard
6. Richard Ojeda
7. John Delaney

Not that John Delaney, right?

Tulsi Gabbard is the person I'm fully in support of at this point. She's a true, real, honest to goodness moderate in a Democrat suit. She could just as easily be a Republican if she wasn't worried about holding on to her seat in a very blue state.

(01-21-2019, 02:41 PM)TJBender Wrote:

1. Kamala Harris
2. Elizabeth Warren
3. Kristen Gillibrand
4. Julian Castro
5. Tulsi Gabbard
6. Richard Ojeda
7. John Delaney

Not that John Delaney, right?

Tulsi Gabbard is the person I'm fully in support of at this point. She's a true, real, honest to goodness moderate in a Democrat suit. She could just as easily be a Republican if she wasn't worried about holding on to her seat in a very blue state.

The Republican former Mayor of Jacksonville and retired President of UNF? Doubtful.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-21-2019, 03:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 02:41 PM)TJBender Wrote: Not that John Delaney, right?

The Republican former Mayor of Jacksonville and retired President of UNF? Doubtful.

Former Maryland Congressman.  Long shot, obviously.  Looks clean though, and consistently reached out to Republicans and more liberal Democrats.

A gem from Warren....

This billionaire NFL owner just paid $100M for a "superyacht" with its own iMax theater. I'm pretty sure he can pay my new #UltraMillionaireTax to help the millions of yacht-less Americans struggling with student loan debt. https://t.co/Gk4ifAkxdT

I watched an interview with Rep. (D) Dan Kildee from Michigan today on Neil Cavuto. Impressive guy. It's a shame that more level headed people like him aren't in positions of leadership. But then again, once any politician achieves a seat of power, they become gears in the party machine.

I wanna see a list of Republicans willing to run against Trump.