Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
GoFundMe - Trump's Wall

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2019, 07:02 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-21-2019, 05:50 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 04:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Like I said, either Mexico pays for it or Trump pays for it out of his own pocket. We don't need a wall. It would be a waste. Right now, we have parts of a barrier and people are just tunneling underneath of it. They'd do the same with a "slatted barrier" that Trump proposed. We need more funding for border patrol, drones and we could move some military bases to the actual border, so it is patrolled more thoroughly. That would be much better options than a ridiculous looking "slatted barrier."

No. Trump has the ability to end this shutdown at any time and he refuses. He shutdown the government on his own and he alone can open it back up.
And I'll ask again...in what form of payment is acceptable for you? How do you want Mexico to pay?

Border patrol and drones are in place already. In fact, the last spending bill included funding for over 3000 new Border Patrol officer (I guess Nancy forgot that already happened). In fact, there is an investigation going on because the contractor that was suppose to find 3000+ qualified individuals found less than 100 in the time alloted. Once again for the slow people in the back, no single effort is the answer and you must have a multilayered approach. This means manpower, technology, and a barrier. Want to know the first thing the military would do if they must be involved further? Build a barrier!!! That is the first thing we do when setting up a bare base. Multilayered perimeter security that involves sensors, barriers, patrols, and overflights. Below are just a few of the UAVs along southern border and northern Border operated by the Air Force and contractors.

[Image: border-patrol-drones.jpg?fit=640%2C427&ssl=1]

[Image: 2UYM4I5DTFGATLQBHHMSKGL5NY]

I would take payment from Mexico either in the form of cash or a certified check only. Period.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2019, 07:56 PM by TJBender.)

(01-21-2019, 04:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 04:02 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Question for any federal workers, how long are you all willing to be “great patriots” and work for free?

Ya know trump has a history of not paying people.

Ball is in Chuck and Nancy's court and has been for weeks.

How so? The House of Representatives sent Trump a spending bill the day they convened, January 3rd. It seems to me that both sides refuse to talk to one another (Trump's token gestures of "meet with me at the White House so I can tell you I'm not changing my mind" don't count), and they share equal blame at this point. Shutdowns don't reach a month when one side is extending an olive branch.

(01-21-2019, 05:50 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 04:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Like I said, either Mexico pays for it or Trump pays for it out of his own pocket. We don't need a wall. It would be a waste. Right now, we have parts of a barrier and people are just tunneling underneath of it. They'd do the same with a "slatted barrier" that Trump proposed. We need more funding for border patrol, drones and we could move some military bases to the actual border, so it is patrolled more thoroughly. That would be much better options than a ridiculous looking "slatted barrier."

No. Trump has the ability to end this shutdown at any time and he refuses. He shutdown the government on his own and he alone can open it back up.
And I'll ask again...in what form of payment is acceptable for you? How do you want Mexico to pay?

Well, see, here's the thing. Trump promised to make Mexico pay for it. So I'm kind of expecting Mexico to send over bearer bonds in the amount of $25-ish billion dollars.

(01-21-2019, 05:39 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 04:43 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: And they will negotiate when the government is reopened. They are not going for the bait and switch. 

Plus Trump had a 20 billion dollar deal for border security on the table and he didn’t take it.

Actually it was $25 Billion and guess who pulled the ol' bait and switch? Chuck Schumer. So no, Trump won't reopen so the Chuck and Nancy circus can renege again.

I need to get that .gif of trump saying "no" during the debates...
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-21-2019, 07:54 PM)TJBender Wrote: Well, see, here's the thing. Trump promised to make Mexico pay for it. So I'm kind of expecting Mexico to send over bearer bonds in the amount of $25-ish billion dollars.

Could you imagine if we held every politician to their exact words they promised during their campaign? Me and you would be set for life, and wouldn't be wasting our time debating on a message board. I'm thinking mai tais on the beach in tahiti. Unless you have a better idea. I'm in. Smile

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(01-22-2019, 01:24 PM)Jagwired Wrote:

Amazing how everyone had immediate onset stuttering issues around the 2 minute mark.

BUILD A WALL AND CRIME WILL FALL!

Dr. Seuss is shaking his head.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(01-23-2019, 12:09 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Dr. Seuss is shaking his head.

Seuss is a racist. What does he know?

https://www.slj.com/?detailStory=cat-hat...erse-books

So House passes another bill this morning with the following border-related funding...

$29.4 million: US / Canada Border costs not associated with treaties
$15 million: US / Mexico water treatment
$1.3 billion: Egypt border security
$1.5 billion: Jordan border security
$15 million: Pakistan border security
$209 million: El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras border security
$0: Department of Homeland Security / Customs and Border Protection (attempting to pass a CR)
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Dems agree to fund wall if trump leaves the country.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz...ry-forever
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

In today’s politics, it is the swipe of a pen to toss taxpayers billions at any given cause. This isn’t about money, it’s about pride.

Which one of these sides are you proud of?

I'm not proud of the people we have elected ... Are you?

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2019, 09:22 PM by mikesez.)

(01-24-2019, 08:49 PM)Sammy Wrote: In today’s politics, it is the swipe of a pen to toss taxpayers billions at any given cause. This isn’t about money, it’s about pride.

Nope.
We keep on talking about hopefully electing nicer people next time, but it never happens.
It's the main reason I talk about switching to open primaries. Also known as top-two primaries.
I think that would solve the problem, because people who are ashamed of this kind of behavior on both sides could try to pick the person that they think is reaching across the aisle, rather than always getting saddled with two people who never reach out across the aisle.
Would it actually solve the problem? I don't know, you got any better ideas?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-24-2019, 04:22 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Dems agree to fund wall if trump leaves the country.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz...ry-forever

An op-ed from a state that celebrates killing 9 month old fetus'

You can do better than this.

(01-24-2019, 08:49 PM)Sammy Wrote: In today’s politics, it is the swipe of a pen to toss taxpayers billions at any given cause. This isn’t about money, it’s about pride.

On Trump: "I cannot spare this man, he fights!"
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

And we have a deal. Reopens the government through February 15, $0.00 for a wall.

Funny how that came together the day that word of Roger Stone's indictment hit. In politics, as in poker, there are no coincidences.

4D chess versus checkers.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(01-25-2019, 04:05 PM)TJBender Wrote: And we have a deal. Reopens the government through February 15, $0.00 for a wall.

Funny how that came together the day that word of Roger Stone's indictment hit. In politics, as in poker, there are no coincidences.

Part of me is not happy, but the other part takes some positives from this:

1. SOTU address is back on where he has a massive audience to speak to while Nancy sits back there sucking her lips.
2. Dems have to show they are willing to negotiate these next 3 weeks like they promised they would if the government was re-opened. Kind of puts the ball back in their court
3. In 3 weeks time, migrant caravans will be closer to border helping make case stronger.

Let's see how the next 3 weeks play out.

(01-25-2019, 04:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-25-2019, 04:05 PM)TJBender Wrote: And we have a deal. Reopens the government through February 15, $0.00 for a wall.

1. SOTU address is back on where he has a massive audience to speak to while Nancy sits back there sucking her lips.
2. Dems have to show they are willing to negotiate these next 3 weeks like they promised they would if the government was re-opened. Kind of puts the ball back in their court
3. In 3 weeks time, migrant caravans will be closer to border helping make case stronger.

1. Massive audience for SOTU? Really? Is there anyone under sixty-five that still watches something like that?

2. Donald won't dare try closing the government again. Once you pull something like that and fail there is no going back.

3. The caravan trick is a phony ploy. The last one was seen as a campaign trick that turned to dust the day after the election. Unless you watch FOX and are afraid of your shadow most people won't care.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(01-25-2019, 04:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Funny how "migrant caravans" show up right when Trump needs a boost. In politics, as in poker, there are no coincidences.

Democrats do have to negotiate, and I expect they'll immediately offer up additional funding for border security, probably for upgrades and repairs to existing wall segments, but I sincerely doubt you'll see any concessions made for new wall funding, and you definitely won't see Trump risk shutting down the government again. It failed spectacularly for him this time--he's doing the exact deal that Democrats have been pushing for weeks with no promise of wall funding on the back end.

I expect a long speech about how our borders are insecure and it's all the Democrats' fault. Oh, and the GDP is up or something. But mostly, dammit, your children are going to be raped and killed by a Mexican, and it's the Democrats' fault. I'll be curious to see who Democrats select for the rebuttal.  I've seen Barack Obama's name come up on a few different sites, but I'm kind of thinking the Democrats might use this as an opportunity to put Joe Biden out there on a national stage and let him loose on Trump without running the risk of a young gun saying something stupid about a 70% income tax rate. Biden was considered very moderate until he was drafted as VP to one of the farthest left Presidents in US history.