Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jaguars' Fournette, Coughlin clear the air with meeting

(01-10-2019, 07:04 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-10-2019, 04:55 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: And he learns how to hit holes instead of his own line.

There were no running lanes to hit.

Yeah every week on jag Monday Boselli would continually dispute that notion. There were plenty of lanes, he just can’t hit em.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-11-2019, 12:13 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(01-10-2019, 07:04 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: There were no running lanes to hit.

Yeah every week on jag Monday Boselli would continually dispute that notion. There were plenty of lanes, he just can’t hit em.
He seems to be too slow to the line. When the FB makes it through the hole with no one touching him and LF is getting hit behind the LOS, it shows how bad he is.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

He just doesn't have any vision. He relies on wide open holes in front of him and then gets tackled easily by the ankle.

All of his flaws are magnified by the fact he was picked fourth overall, not his fault, granted, however, the franchise expected more out of him than this (though now I call in to question the scouts because this guy had zero vision in college).

If he were a 3rd round pick, I'd be ecstatic with his performance. He's a decent, average RB in the NFL. He's nothing special.

(01-10-2019, 04:51 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-10-2019, 04:49 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Uh oh, motivation, 2019 season 1700+ rushing yards title holder coming up.

Only if we fix the O-line and Fournette stays healthy.

I think the O-line is fixed if they come back healthy.  This "bad o-line" we think of is all second, third and even fourth string guys.

(01-11-2019, 10:30 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-10-2019, 04:51 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Only if we fix the O-line and Fournette stays healthy.

I think the O-line is fixed if they come back healthy.  This "bad o-line" we think of is all second, third and even fourth string guys.

Parnell is on the decline a bit and gets exposed by speed rushers badly. Richardson is a complete mystery. And Cann is gone.
So - I wouldn't consider RG/RT "fixed."  They also have zero depth.  Shatley and Wells were the only decent players behind the starters and they are both free agents. 

I think they'll need to draft a guy in the second or third to compete on the right side at the very least. 
Signing or re-signing some depth will be key as well.

(01-10-2019, 04:55 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-10-2019, 04:51 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Only if we fix the O-line and Fournette stays healthy.

And he learns how to hit holes instead of his own line.

No truer words spoken, LF would dance in the hole thgen lose 2 yards, infuriating.

“Tom Coughlin and Leonard Fournette are moving forward amicably” is not the same as Calais Campbell’s meeting which ended in announcement of his 2019 return. It sure would be nice to have #27 back - stronger, pain free and motivated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He'll get injured in Week 2.
No pain, no gain.

Well, for sure he has much to prove to regain folks confidence....
basically he has to "walk the talk" then we'll see after 2019 season....is he lasts that long.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I don't think this changes anything. This draft is overloaded with talent at the RB position. There will be tons of really good RB's still available after the draft. I bet we bring in at least two UDFA's for depth.

(01-10-2019, 07:42 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(01-10-2019, 07:12 PM)FBT Wrote: You think a QB who is 5'9" is going to stand a chance behind that line?

I know he's a dynamic athlete, but let's be real here.

We got cam, linder, Norwell coming back and hope they come back stronger. There's that Richardson tackle from last draft maybe he'll be good. Caldwell works on the other G position add decent depth. Bring back almost everyone back on D. Find a productice  rotational edge pass rusher  to replace Fowler. We can be back in the game.

You missed my point.  5'9" standing behind a line where 4 of the 5 starters are 6'6" and who knows how big the new G will be?  I don't care how great an athlete he might be, you're going to need to put a box on the field for him to see over the line to throw the ball.  Defenses aren't going to be as pliable as what he saw in college.  If they lock him in the pocket, and just flood the line, he will be as bad as Bortles with the batted passes.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(01-25-2019, 06:32 PM)FBT Wrote:
(01-10-2019, 07:42 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: We got cam, linder, Norwell coming back and hope they come back stronger. There's that Richardson tackle from last draft maybe he'll be good. Caldwell works on the other G position add decent depth. Bring back almost everyone back on D. Find a productice  rotational edge pass rusher  to replace Fowler. We can be back in the game.

You missed my point.  5'9" standing behind a line where 4 of the 5 starters are 6'6" and who knows how big the new G will be?  I don't care how great an athlete he might be, you're going to need to put a box on the field for him to see over the line to throw the ball.  Defenses aren't going to be as pliable as what he saw in college.  If they lock him in the pocket, and just flood the line, he will be as bad as Bortles with the batted passes.

I actually think I remember an article saying it was the opposite. Short QBs that have grown up their entire lives having to compensate for their stature have been thinking about throwing lanes and how to find and manipulate them, and they have learned to adjust. It's the tall QBs that take their height for granted that have led the league in batted passes, for the most part.

(01-10-2019, 07:42 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: We got cam, linder, Norwell coming back and hope they come back stronger. There's that Richardson tackle from last draft maybe he'll be good. Caldwell works on the other G position add decent depth. Bring back almost everyone back on D. Find a productice  rotational edge pass rusher  to replace Fowler. We can be back in the game.

Batted passes comes from slow releases and failure to move your eyes more than height.

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2019, 11:50 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

The NFL Rulebook below states you can't place a box on the field to gain a competitive edge or neutralize any deficiencies.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2018-nfl-rulebook/

(01-25-2019, 11:50 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-25-2019, 06:32 PM)FBT Wrote: You missed my point.  5'9" standing behind a line where 4 of the 5 starters are 6'6" and who knows how big the new G will be?  I don't care how great an athlete he might be, you're going to need to put a box on the field for him to see over the line to throw the ball.  Defenses aren't going to be as pliable as what he saw in college.  If they lock him in the pocket, and just flood the line, he will be as bad as Bortles with the batted passes.

The NFL Rulebook below states you can't place a box on the field to gain a competitive edge or neutralize any deficiencies.

[Image: 5a127758a7e1dc9aed3df700b603c149.jpg]

(01-26-2019, 10:33 AM)Sammy Wrote:
(01-25-2019, 11:50 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The NFL Rulebook below states you can't place a box on the field to gain a competitive edge or neutralize any deficiencies.

[Image: 5a127758a7e1dc9aed3df700b603c149.jpg]

With a line running up the back of the leg.

(01-25-2019, 11:50 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-25-2019, 06:32 PM)FBT Wrote: You missed my point.  5'9" standing behind a line where 4 of the 5 starters are 6'6" and who knows how big the new G will be?  I don't care how great an athlete he might be, you're going to need to put a box on the field for him to see over the line to throw the ball.  Defenses aren't going to be as pliable as what he saw in college.  If they lock him in the pocket, and just flood the line, he will be as bad as Bortles with the batted passes.

Thanks, JDub! Smile

The only way I see this working out is if LF comes back this next season in great shape and a chip on his shoulder. This guy was drafted to be our Adrian Peterson who could just carry an offense when it was sputtering and instead we got played.
No pain, no gain.

(01-29-2019, 09:54 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: The only way I see this working out is if LF comes back this next season in great shape and a chip on his shoulder. This guy was drafted to be our Adrian Peterson who could just carry an offense when it was sputtering and instead we got played.

Anyone who thought he had even half the talent of AP was crazy.

(01-30-2019, 10:35 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 09:54 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: The only way I see this working out is if LF comes back this next season in great shape and a chip on his shoulder. This guy was drafted to be our Adrian Peterson who could just carry an offense when it was sputtering and instead we got played.

Anyone who thought he had even half the talent of AP was crazy.

All I see in Fournette is speed and power. No idea what the front office saw in him to justify that pick.

His power goes away by the end of the 1st quarter, and his speed is as rare as him averaging 4+ YPG. 

I've ALWAYS given players the benefit of the doubt but Fournette is a bust. He'll be good for a certain stretch of games; he'll never live up to his pick, however.