Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2019, 10:45 AM by mikesez.)

What is the appropriate use of the reputation button?

Do you just use positive reputation to posts yuo agree with and negative reputation for posts you disagree with?

How do you think it should be used?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think it should go away permanently, but that isn't my decision.

Haha... you don't like when people vote you down?

You like to do it to others.

I prefer the old board where you basically got likes. It helped track threads that have activity on your posts.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-13-2019, 10:30 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Haha... you don't like when people vote you down?

Brother I only voted you down as revenge for you voting me down.
You said you disagreed with me in a comment and that was enough.
You didn't have to go and vote me down too.

(02-13-2019, 10:46 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 10:30 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Haha... you don't like when people vote you down?

I got you up to -1.

Like the Shake N Bake girl, "I helped!"
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Is this a middle school party?

Is this real life?

Use the reputation button how you like. It’s not like it earns you some special award. Not going on your “permanent record.” I forget it’s even there most times.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(02-13-2019, 11:31 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Is this real life?

Use the reputation button how you like. It’s not like it earns you some special award. Not going on your “permanent record.” I forget it’s even there most times.

But that gives all the power to whatever weirdos want to use it to start fights and use the button the most.

(02-13-2019, 11:36 PM)mikesez Wrote:

But that gives all the power to whatever weirdos want to use it to start fights and use the button the most.
-1 for you! I kid.

What power? It’s just a button. There is no tangible positive or negative for deciding to use it.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(02-13-2019, 10:46 PM)mikesez Wrote:

That seems rather childish. [BLEEP] for tat? Are you two years old?

Look on the bright side. Adam2012 will always be the reigning king of negative reputation.

(02-13-2019, 10:06 PM)mikesez Wrote: What is the appropriate use of the reputation button?

Do you just use positive reputation supposed to agree with and negative reputation for posts you disagree with?

I personally do not use the downvote with one exception (a tack fan claiming eddie george was better than Freddy T, that simply crossed the line). Especially the way we have the downvote set up, it leads to a lot of flame wars with people just using up all their votes in one day on particular posters over and over. I think the board was better without it, even tho seeing Adam2012 with negative votes still gives me the chuckles.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(02-13-2019, 11:55 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 10:46 PM)mikesez Wrote: Brother I only voted you down as revenge for you voting me down.

That seems rather childish. [BLEEP] for tat? Are you two years old?

Talking childish and the board censoring that word in your post made me laugh.

The power is what you give them when you insist that you are right and they just have to be convinced of jt.

Fox News Alert: Donald Trump abolishing reputation rating on DuvalPride.

There's a reputation button?

Oh yeah, that hand pointing to the right. That's a really clear icon now, isn't it? I always thought it was something to take you to the next post.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(02-14-2019, 08:45 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 10:06 PM)mikesez Wrote: What is the appropriate use of the reputation button?

Do you just use positive reputation supposed to agree with and negative reputation for posts you disagree with?

I personally do not use the downvote with one exception (a tack fan claiming eddie george was better than Freddy T, that simply crossed the line). Especially the way we have the downvote set up, it leads to a lot of flame wars with people just using up all their votes in one day on particular posters over and over. I think the board was better without it, even tho seeing Adam2012 with negative votes still gives me the chuckles.

lol ... you're so insecure.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

We should have a rep store, where you can buy cool things with your reputation points.

(02-14-2019, 10:15 AM)TJBender Wrote: We should have a rep store, where you can buy cool things with your reputation points.

Great idea! Every 10 points entitles you to a MAGA hat or a AOC for president button.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.