Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Great Big Release Thread

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2019, 01:15 PM by MikePete54.)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26190...dt-jackson

Quote:Jaguars DT Malik Jackson, who signed the richest contract in franchise history in 2016, has been informed that he will be released as early as Friday, a source told ESPN's Josina Anderson.

Quote:The Jaguars also are releasing running back Carlos Hyde on Friday after unsuccessfully trying to trade him, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hard to trade players that everyone knows you are just going to release.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2019, 01:43 PM by AmeliaFL.)

Hi, Jaguars fans.  Jaguars also plan to release veteran defensive back Tashaun Gipson, joining Malik Jackson and Carlos Hyde on freeing up their salary cap space. According to Dan Graziano's tweet, retweeted by Adam Schefter.

https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN/

That sucks, but it was expected, I guess.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2019, 01:34 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Here we go, purging the team to clear money for a big contract offer to Foles.  

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: e31.jpg]

Why did we give up a 5th round pick for a RB that we knew was going to be released in the upcoming offseason?

(03-08-2019, 01:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Why did we give up a 5th round pick for a RB that we knew was going to be released in the upcoming offseason?

In my opinion, it was because there were a lot of unknowns at the time regarding Fournette.

But what about Tashaun?

(03-08-2019, 01:36 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: But what about Tashaun?

They releasing him too.

Guess foles is asking for more then 18 mill lol

(03-08-2019, 01:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Why did we give up a 5th round pick for a RB that we knew was going to be released in the upcoming offseason?

Because we brought back Coughlin and this is what he wants. It makes no sense to me either. We might as well of flushed a 5th rounder down the toilet.

(03-08-2019, 01:37 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 01:36 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: But what about Tashaun?

They releasing him too.

It was a joke because of the spelling in the thread title.

(03-08-2019, 01:36 PM)Brett Wrote:

In my opinion, it was because there were a lot of unknowns at the time regarding Fournette.

It was a bad move regardless of LF's situation. Hyde was never the long term RB for this team. Was Jamal Charles THAT bad?

As i said before i believe it was to put some fire into fornett. He was milking the hammy and instead of showing up for treatment was in the recording stuido making records. soon as they got hyde he became better and was working at getting back on the field.

(03-08-2019, 01:41 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:

As i said before i believe it was to put some fire into fornett. He was milking the hammy and instead of showing up for treatment was in the recording stuido making records. soon as they got hyde he became better and was working at getting back on the field.

Yeah, I can see their intent, I just don't agree with it as a Monday morning quarterback. You can pick up solid depth with a 5th round pick.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2019, 01:45 PM by nhiverson.)

Yeah sucks but knew it was gonna happen. Wouldn't shock me if they traded Telvin.. Now after next season lock up Jalen and Yannick!!
No Fun

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2019, 01:47 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Not a bad move with Harrison back there and a safety heavy free agency.

They better hope Foles can carry this offense. I doubt he can. Losing Gipson is shaky. Bryan better step his [BLEEP] game up too playing inside with Jackson out of the picture. And what a waste of a 5th RD pick on Hyde now. Just don't get it. BUT...

Trust the process?

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-08-2019, 01:38 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 01:37 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: They releasing him too.

It was a joke because of the spelling in the thread title.

i know Tongue

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2019, 01:57 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

This was more a result of his cap number for 2019 not being a good deal for the Jags considering other talent being available likely for less money. I don’t think him being let go necessarily means a mega deal for Foles is coming though I realize it could. I just hope we’re not guaranteeing more than 2 years worth of salary.