Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A Good Analysis of Jawaan Taylor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzQ2IdJK22A

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-15-2019, 11:06 AM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzQ2IdJK22A

Don't have time to watch. He good? Executive summary, 25 words or less.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(03-15-2019, 12:47 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 11:06 AM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzQ2IdJK22A

Don't have time to watch. He good? Executive summary, 25 words or less.

Plays with high pad level on occasion, otherwise he's good.

Did they show a speed rush? Or was Taylor just that fast on his kick step, the speed rush seemed slow?

Hes good but I'd take Hock or Metcalf over him. It would be fun though to see some fans reactions to draft another Florida player in the first.

(03-15-2019, 01:25 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Did they show a speed rush? Or was Taylor just that fast on his kick step, the speed rush seemed slow?

I don't think so. 

I know there was a play or two where he got out on the edge rusher, but I don't know if I would classify it as a speed rush.  I will have to look again.

(03-15-2019, 02:29 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 01:25 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Did they show a speed rush? Or was Taylor just that fast on his kick step, the speed rush seemed slow?

I don't think so. 

I know there was a play or two where he got out on the edge rusher, but I don't know if I would classify it as a speed rush.  I will have to look again.

That's what I thought when I watched the video. My feeling is that a 1st round tackle should be able to block a speed rush. If Taylor has not shown that, I would be worried.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2019, 02:50 PM by Bullseye.)

(03-15-2019, 02:35 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 02:29 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I don't think so. 

That's what I thought when I watched the video. My feeling is that a 1st round tackle should be able to block a speed rush. If Taylor has not shown that, I would be worried.

Well...I'll keep looking for more clips.  In the meantime, I'll look back later in the clips.  Maybe he had a speed rush against Tennessee in the clips here.

Edit:  here is another set of clips-this time against Montez Sweat.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlSbvUGxr-w

The analysis begins about the 2 minute mark.  A speed rush against Sweat occurs at the 9 min mark, but Sweat beat him inside earlier.

(03-15-2019, 02:37 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 02:35 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: That's what I thought when I watched the video. My feeling is that a 1st round tackle should be able to block a speed rush. If Taylor has not shown that, I would be worried.

The analysis begins about the 2 minute mark.  A speed rush against Sweat occurs at the 9 min mark, but Sweat beat him inside earlier.

He was beat, but he definitely has the tools to block it. It was the chess match that got him. That happens. Plus the mental game I think can be worked on NFL, but it wouldn't matter if didn't have the tools.

He dominated as soon as he got a engaged with nearly every person I saw. He looked like a great choice otherwise. I didn't see the Gators pull him or use him on any screen's but the Jag's haven't done that much either last year. And that would be a bonus anyways. 

Though do the Jags always have to draft Florida guys in the first round?

(03-15-2019, 03:08 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 02:37 PM)Bullseye Wrote: The analysis begins about the 2 minute mark.  A speed rush against Sweat occurs at the 9 min mark, but Sweat beat him inside earlier.

He was beat, but he definitely has the tools to block it. It was the chess match that got him. That happens. Plus the mental game I think can be worked on NFL, but it wouldn't matter if didn't have the tools.

He dominated as soon as he got a engaged with nearly every person I saw. He looked like a great choice otherwise. I didn't see the Gators pull him or use him on any screen's but the Jag's haven't done that much either last year. And that would be a bonus anyways. 

There was a clip in that second link where he gets out on a bubble screen.

Based on these two breakdowns, he seems to handle stunts really well.  He shows good power on down blocks, but I'd like to see him drive block one on one. Seems to have really good feet.

As to your closing question, it's amazing (and a bit encouraging) to see how the attitude has changed.  Early on, the mindset here in Jacksonville was Gator dominated.  People accused TV of having an anti-Gators bias.  You  heard that when the team didn't draft Wuerffel, and then you heard it when the team didn't hire Spurrier (Gatorskins?!?  SMH), and then you would hear it after the team bypassed Kenyatta Walker for Marcus Stroud.  I won't even get into the Tebow thing.  But now people are leery of drafting Gators.

(03-15-2019, 03:16 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 03:08 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: He was beat, but he definitely has the tools to block it. It was the chess match that got him. That happens. Plus the mental game I think can be worked on NFL, but it wouldn't matter if didn't have the tools.

There was a clip in that second link where he gets out on a bubble screen.

Based on these two breakdowns, he seems to handle stunts really well.  He shows good power on down blocks, but I'd like to see him drive block one on one. Seems to have really good feet.

As to your closing question, it's amazing (and a bit encouraging) to see how the attitude has changed.  Early on, the mindset here in Jacksonville was Gator dominated.  People accused TV of having an anti-Gators bias.  You  heard that when the team didn't draft Wuerffel, and then you heard it when the team didn't hire Spurrier (Gatorskins?!?  SMH), and then you would hear it after the team bypassed Kenyatta Walker for Marcus Stroud.  I won't even get into the Tebow thing.  But now people are leery of drafting Gators.

FWIW, the 1010xl “Sports Den” guys (can’t recall their names at the moment) seem to be really against picking Taylor, and one of the is a huge Gators homer.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-15-2019, 03:16 PM)Bullseye Wrote: As to your closing question, it's amazing (and a bit encouraging) to see how the attitude has changed.  Early on, the mindset here in Jacksonville was Gator dominated.  People accused TV of having an anti-Gators bias.  You  heard that when the team didn't draft Wuerffel, and then you heard it when the team didn't hire Spurrier (Gatorskins?!?  SMH), and then you would hear it after the team bypassed Kenyatta Walker for Marcus Stroud.  I won't even get into the Tebow thing.  But now people are leery of drafting Gators.

I wasn't just narrowing it to Gators. I mean 4 of the last 5 1st round players played at a Florida college.