Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Former Jaguars QB Blake Bortles set to visit Rams

according to Mike Silver.

Good for Blake.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Former Jaguars QB Blake Bortles set to visit Rams

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...visit-rams

QB Blake Bortles, who was released by the Jaguars on Wednesday, is scheduled to visit the Rams on Monday, NFL Network's Michael Silver reported, per a team source.

Sean McVay will have Blake looking like a pro bowler. If Goff were to go down and Blake got some play in that system, he’d be a completely different quarterback. When we didn’t hand off, hand off, pass, and actually hurried it up or spread it out, he always looked better.

(03-15-2019, 10:11 PM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote: Sean McVay will have Blake looking like a pro bowler.  If Goff were to go down and Blake got some play in that system, he’d be a completely different quarterback.  When we didn’t hand off, hand off, pass, and actually hurried it up or spread it out, he always looked better.

Bortles becomes the Rams' Foles; takes over for injured Goff week 14; defeats Jags in the 2020 Superb Owl.

#becausejaguars
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-15-2019, 10:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 10:11 PM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote: Sean McVay will have Blake looking like a pro bowler.  If Goff were to go down and Blake got some play in that system, he’d be a completely different quarterback.  When we didn’t hand off, hand off, pass, and actually hurried it up or spread it out, he always looked better.

Bortles becomes the Rams' Foles; takes over for injured Goff week 14; defeats Jags in the 2020 Superb Owl.

#becausejaguars

Yep I could see it lol

I do wish him well but it does piss me off a little when sub par players leave us to go to another team and look like pro bowl players.

(03-15-2019, 11:02 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I do wish him well but it does piss me off a little when sub par players leave us to go to another team and look like pro bowl players.

I think that would say more about our team's coaching than the player's abilities.

You guys need your eyes checked. No way all of a sudden he goes to a different team and starts throwing consistent tight spirals and Tom Brady ball placement. He's just a bad NFL QB.

I wish him luck. He is a great dude.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-15-2019, 10:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

#becausejaguars

I just want the playoffs this year.  Blake could invent new money and it wouldnt matter to me at this point.  Playoffs 2020
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2019, 04:37 AM by JagsorDie.)

(03-15-2019, 11:27 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: You guys need your eyes checked. No way all of a sudden he goes to a different team and starts throwing consistent tight spirals and Tom Brady ball placement.  He's just a bad NFL QB.

Typicaly, I don't agree with you. But you are spot on here.

McVay isn't going to miraculously fix BB's aweful mechanics and piss poor decision making over night. He will be a good back up for someone but you don't go from throwing passes that look like punts to tight spirals over night.

(03-15-2019, 11:02 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I do wish him well but it does piss me off a little when sub par players leave us to go to another team and look like pro bowl players.

Yeah.  Blaine friggin Gabbert has has beaten us two years in a row with two different teams.

I don't mean to be the [BLEEP], but shouldn't this topic be moved? Blake Bortles is not a member off this team any longer.
Signature goes here.

(03-16-2019, 07:24 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Yeah.  Blaine friggin Gabbert has has beaten us two years in a row with two different teams.

No he didn't. Did you not watch Malik Jackson destroy him last year? His 1 of 3 for 8 yards and a concussion didnt beat us a d knocking him out of the game actually helped the tacks.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-16-2019, 07:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 07:24 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Yeah.  Blaine friggin Gabbert has has beaten us two years in a row with two different teams.

No he didn't. Did you not watch Malik Jackson destroy him last year? His 1 of 3 for 8 yards and a concussion didnt beat us a d knocking him out of the game actually helped the tacks.

Oooh, yeah, I forgot that, sorry.    I stand corrected.

(03-15-2019, 11:27 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: You guys need your eyes checked. No way all of a sudden he goes to a different team and starts throwing consistent tight spirals and Tom Brady ball placement.  He's just a bad NFL QB.

You underestimate the cosmic power of #becausejaguars

(03-16-2019, 07:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 07:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No he didn't. Did you not watch Malik Jackson destroy him last year? His 1 of 3 for 8 yards and a concussion didnt beat us a d knocking him out of the game actually helped the tacks.

Oooh, yeah, I forgot that, sorry.    I stand corrected.

I really think that and the 2pts against the Jets are what pissed off the football gods.

(03-16-2019, 04:36 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:

Typicaly, I don't agree with you. But you are spot on here.

McVay isn't going to miraculously fix BB's aweful mechanics and piss poor decision making over night. He will be a good back up for someone but you don't go from throwing passes  that look like punts to tight spirals over night.

While I agree with the premise, McVay would also use Blake to his strengths and he'd be in LA close to House's facility. 

I absolutely could see McVay getting him to a probowl level. Goff had a 54% comp and 3.4% int rate under Fisher. He's a completely different guy with McVay, I could easily imagaine the same with Blake. And he fits that team culture well.

I think their system could actually be beneficial to Blake. I'm not so sure he wants to leave the motherland longterm though. I could see him pushing for one of the FL teams. Either way, good for him getting another shot.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

If he is visiting the Rams on Monday then what does this tweet mean? Just got posted 20 minutes ago:

https://twitter.com/BortlesFacts/status/...6492569603

That would make more sense.
Free up some more money for the jags too.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson