Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles Signs With L.A. Rams

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2019, 03:54 AM by AmeliaFL.)

Hi, Jaguars fans.   Smile . Former Jaguars QB Blake Bortles will sign with the L.A. Rams, and back up current starting QB Jared Goff, as both reported, and tweeted by Adam Schefter. Wink Cool

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Good for Blake, gets to play in LA on a great team with very little to worry about. 

So much for the folks who said he'll struggle to find a backup job..........

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2019, 08:00 PM by Jags.)

You mean gets to “Backup”.  But yes good for him.  Wish him the best.  Hopefully they paid him a good bit.

So happy for Blake. Can’t wait til he beats us in the SB

Although it was certainly time for us to part ways, I wish him nothing but success moving forward. I have a feeling we’ll see him start games again at some point, probably due to injury, whether it’s with the Rams or some other team down the road.

(03-18-2019, 08:03 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: So happy for Blake. Can’t wait til he beats us in the SB

Now there's a Jag fan for ya.  Wallbash
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Do we still reap the benefit of the offset despite foregoing the post-June designation?

How much?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Really happy for Blake. Perfect spot for him IMO

He's very good friends with Goff and its probably the perfect rehab place for him to try improve on things (admittedly lots of things)

(03-18-2019, 08:07 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Really happy for Blake. Perfect spot for him IMO

Yeah their current QB was managed just like Blake when the season was on the line.  Great spot and he won't have to go cross country to learn how to throw a football.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(03-18-2019, 08:12 PM)JackCity Wrote: He's very good friends with Goff and its probably the perfect rehab place for him to try improve on things (admittedly lots of things)

As a bonus, he won’t have to go far to work on his mechanics.

Per pro football rumors:

Bortles has never worked with McVay, but the two do have a tangential connection. Greg Olson was Bortles’ Jacksonville offensive coordinator from 2015-16 before taking over as the Rams’ quarterbacks coach under McVay in 2017. Olson left for Oakland after one year in Los Angeles, but it’s fair to assume he’s given McVay a Bortles scouting report that McVay apparently likes well enough. Plus, Bortles’ first OC, Jedd Fisch, is an offensive assistant on the Rams’ staff.

The Jaguars will certainly be interested to see how much money the Rams will be paying Bortles. Bortles still had guaranteed salary remaining on his Jacksonville deal, but thanks to offset language, the Jags will receive a cap credit equal to the amount of Bortles’ base salary (up to $6.5MM).

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/0...ke-bortles  ^

(03-18-2019, 08:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Do we still reap the benefit of the offset despite foregoing the post-June designation?

Yes.

I know it was time for him to go, but I'm a little bummed. He's a Jag, and will always be one

Guess I found my new team. Peace out, Jacksonville

Great for Blake. Wish him the best.

https://twitter.com/BortlesFacts/status/...5071472640

Good, I'm happy for him. He will be a good presence in the locker room and a great back-up QB.

I'd say he gets around 3/4 million