Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Parker Ehinger Claimed

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2019, 07:39 PM by Jags@dajugular.)

We have claimed fourth-year OL @Big_Park79 from the Dallas Cowboys. It is more and more likely The Jags are drafting D-Line with the 7th pick.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You are probably right. I think a tight end would be the sexy pick a premiere pass rusher is too hard to pass up. Campbell isn't young, Yannick is heading toward contract time, and Smoot hasn't shown much.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

That would be some good BAPing alright
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

He played OT for U.C. (one of the local universities in my area,) but he never bulked up enough to maintain that position in the NFL and they kicked him inside. Admittedly, I haven't seen him play in the last couple of years. Hopefully, he can provide depth and allow us to take Hockenson in round 1.

Chaaaammmpppiiiooonnnssshhhiiippp

Never heard of him and is probably a camp body.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I don't see how signing a bunch of backup O-linemen means we're drafting DL.

jags should trafe up and draft nick bosa. its being said hes better then his brother. Jags should also draft a rb,and let fornate go.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(04-12-2019, 07:34 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: jags should trafe up and draft nick bosa.   its being said hes better then his brother.  Jags should also draft a rb,and let fornate go.
We should draft Bosa, Haskins, Fant, Quinnen Williams, Montez Sweat AND DK Metcalf.  Get the blue chippers at ALL the positions.  Trade our first round picks until 2030.  MONEY

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(04-12-2019, 07:28 AM)DragonFury Wrote: I don't see how signing a bunch of backup O-linemen means we're drafting DL.

Yeah. It doesn't say anything about the draft. 

After last year, making sure we have better depth seems like an obvious move. That's all they are doing. 
Ogbuehi, Wester, and Ehinger are all longshots to even make the roster. Probably only one of them sticks. 

If they carry 9 (maybe 10) linemen, then you've got:

Robinson
Norwell
Linder
Cann
Richardson
Shatley 
Wells 
Draft Pick Rookie 

That leaves :  Ogbuehi, Wester, Ehinger, McDermott, and Brandon Thomas.

So you've got FIVE guys who will likely be joined by another UDFA or late pick.  All competing for one,  maybe two back-up spots on the roster. 
And at least two of them are eligible for PS spots.  Jags are just sorting out better depth.

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2019, 09:11 AM by Kane.)

(04-12-2019, 07:28 AM)DragonFury Wrote: I don't see how signing a bunch of backup O-linemen means we're drafting DL.

You really wanna select a RT top ten?

Robinson, Norwell, Linder, Cann, Richardson/guy from Cincy/or Jawaan Taylor?
Taylor isn't worth a top ten selection.... might as well play Richardson

Rather have a premier pass rusher or play making TE.
Guarantee we can get a RT in round 2 or 3.

We're loading up on OL bodies so we don't have to reach for OL.

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2019, 09:17 AM by JackCity.)

(04-12-2019, 09:11 AM)Kane Wrote:

We're loading up on OL bodies to fill the camp roster. Most of these guys won't make the roster.

Not going to impact the draft in 2 weeks at all

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2019, 01:30 PM by Jags@dajugular.)

Well lets look at their moves they cut Bortles and singed Foles .Then drafted Richardson 4th round last year rated a 2nd round pick last year, Cut Parnell kept Reed, then singed Ogbuehi a 1st round bust hoping a change in scenery can jump start him, Shatley,Wells and Cann were resigned, they sign Wester and claimed Ehinger just because you deem them backup doesn't mean the team sees them that way...
 They cut Gipson resigned Wilson and sign Cody Brown. They Sign Ryan. They Cut Jenkins Signed Swaim resign O'shaughnessy. Cut Moncrief and signed Conley.  They also signed Blue, Cunningham,  and Rawls. They Cut Jackson. They only position we cut and did not add was D-line and the most elite talent options in the draft is d-line. They would be a fool paying top ten money for a tight end when cheaper options can be had later. It is not a premium position for them to draft at seven if they did it is one of the reasons we have sucked for so long drafting against proven norms.

(04-12-2019, 01:26 PM)Jags@dajugular Wrote:

Well lets look at their moves they cut Bortles and singed Foles .Then drafted Richardson 4th round last year rated a 2nd round pick last year, Cut Parnell kept Reed, then singed Ogbuehi a 1st round bust hoping a change in scenery can jump start him, Shatley,Wells and Cann were resigned, they sign Wester and claimed Ehinger just because you deem them backup doesn't mean the team sees them that way...
 They cut Gipson resigned Wilson and sign Cody Brown. They Sign Ryan. They Cut Jenkins Signed Swaim resign O'shaughnessy. Cut Moncrief and signed Conley.  They also signed Blue, Cunningham,  and Rawls. They Cut Jackson. They only position we cut and did not add was D-line and the most elite talent options in the draft is d-line. They would be a fool paying top ten money for a tight end when cheaper options can be had later. It is not a premium position for them to draft at seven if they did it is one of the reasons we have sucked for so long drafting against proven norms.

None of this really has much to do with the pick at #7. 

The positions that are likely available of highest conventional value at the pick are a DL or OL player.

Technically they need a RT more than they need a depth or upgrade d-lineman.  The D-line is the strongest position group on the team except maybe the secondary. They don’t really need one right away -  but the value may be too good to pass up. 

So it just comes down to who is available when they pick - and which they value more. 

A TE like Hockenson is a wildcard possibility because the team is so thin there, but I’d wager they will take one in the 2nd or 3rd. 

They  (thankfully) released Chris Reed BTW.  He was useless.

(04-12-2019, 08:28 AM)NCJag Wrote:
(04-12-2019, 07:34 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: jags should trafe up and draft nick bosa.   its being said hes better then his brother.  Jags should also draft a rb,and let fornate go.
We should draft Bosa, Haskins, Fant, Quinnen Williams, Montez Sweat AND DK Metcalf.  Get the blue chippers at ALL the positions.  Trade our first round picks until 2030.  MONEY

Imagine 5 years from now when they all become free agents.  lol

The one picture that sticks in my mind is Derrick Henry running time after time on us...Malik couldn't hold the line of scrimmage and lbs getting trucked...So we need at elite player at premium positions with a top ten pick ..Not reaching for O-lineman who aint a Lt or TE's when might get fant or smith in the second ....again most of the elite players in this draft class are on the d-line....if all are gone trade down get additional picks... I dont want to be picking here again unless we trading up to get Lawrence...

Wouldn't be surprised if we signed a couple more linemen, and then drafted a couple for good measure.

Gonna be a while before we gotta cut down to 53, right?

(04-12-2019, 01:42 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-12-2019, 08:28 AM)NCJag Wrote: We should draft Bosa, Haskins, Fant, Quinnen Williams, Montez Sweat AND DK Metcalf.  Get the blue chippers at ALL the positions.  Trade our first round picks until 2030.  MONEY

Imagine 5 years from now when they all become free agents.  lol

Knowing our luck?  They'll all be busts......

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We now have four backup-caliber RTs on the roster. It's starting to look like they're just going to let competition sort out who starts among them and who is the backup RT... the other two probably get waived.

Interesting group of contenders here between Will Richardson Jr, Cedric Ogbuehi, Leonard Wester and now Parker Ehinger.

By no means is Jawaan Taylor a lock at #7. They might not even go RT at all now. That's fine by me. I'll take Hockenson and Parris Campbell (or Hakeem Butler or N'Keal Harry) with the first two picks. Maybe one of these vets will take right over for Parnell after all.
'02

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2019, 06:34 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-12-2019, 09:11 AM)Kane Wrote:

Who is your guy or guys at RT in rounds 2-3?

I would love McGary in round 2.  I also wouldn't mind Greg Little.

(04-12-2019, 01:26 PM)Jags@dajugular Wrote:

Who rated Richardson a 2nd round pick last year?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!