Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
G.o.T. The final season.

It deserves it's own thread.  

Commenting on the last season, Arya's return to Winterfell was classic.   Her killing Littlefinger was awesome.  Drogon's demise was horrifically shocking.  It's been a long time coming but thankfully the final season is here.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It was vicerion, not Drogon. I think Sansa makes a surprise play for both the iron throne & Aegon Targaryon (John snow).

Ultimately, bran will gave to overpower the night king as a warg to win the great war.

(04-14-2019, 07:54 PM)jj82284 Wrote: It was vicerion, not Drogon.  I think Sansa makes a surprise play for both the iron throne & Aegon Targaryon (John snow).  

Ultimately, bran will gave to overpower the night king as a warg to win the great war.

Are you sure it was not Drogon?  I seem to recall the after episode stating it was Drogon.

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I watched the pilot since it was free to binge this weekend. Could someone explain the allure? I love science fi and fantasy, but the first episode didnt draw me in.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2019, 08:58 PM by jj82284.)

(04-14-2019, 08:28 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I watched the pilot since it was free to binge this weekend. Could someone explain the allure? I love science fi and fantasy, but the first episode didnt draw me in.

Me neither.  I avoided it for years bc of it.  I eventually watched the next couple of episodes....  That basically changed my life.  Give it a few episodes for u to build context and it takes off from there.

(04-14-2019, 08:04 PM)copycat Wrote:
(04-14-2019, 07:54 PM)jj82284 Wrote: It was vicerion, not Drogon.  I think Sansa makes a surprise play for both the iron throne & Aegon Targaryon (John snow).  

Are you sure it was not Drogon?  I seem to recall the after episode stating it was Drogon.

1000%  she was riding drogon

(04-14-2019, 08:28 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I watched the pilot since it was free to binge this weekend. Could someone explain the allure? I love science fi and fantasy, but the first episode didnt draw me in.

I read the first book.   Didn't have HBO back when is all started.  When I finally watched the first episode I was amazed at how well it followed the book.  It has since taken many a turn but the plot line is enthralling if given a chance.

Hands down best series of all time
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(04-14-2019, 09:33 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Hands down best series of all time

Absolutely

Incest, dragons, undead and a snarky dwarf. What's not to love?

Oh...and boobies. Lots of boobies.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(04-14-2019, 10:13 PM)rollerjag Wrote:

Incest, dragons, undead and a snarky dwarf. What's not to love?

Oh...and boobies. Lots of boobies.

I'm going to keep trying for a few more episodes, we'll see. I kept looking at the time to see if it was almost over, I do hope it gets better.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

For anyone who is looking to this show for the first time, please, do not start with season 8. Seasons 1-4 are adaptations from the original source material with the original author consulting. They are the best representation of the series. Season 8 is the reality of not being able to afford pricey actor contracts and monstorous CGI budgets. Please start at the beginning.

(04-15-2019, 07:47 AM)jj82284 Wrote: For anyone who is looking to this show for the first time, please, do not start with season 8.  Seasons 1-4 are adaptations from the original source material with the original author consulting.  They are the best representation of the series.  Season 8 is the reality of not being able to afford pricey actor contracts and monstorous CGI budgets.  Please start at the beginning.

What are you talking about? HBO was sinking more money every season into that show. It costs as much to make per season as many Hollywood blockbusters. Also, the author was consulting on all 8 seasons. I do agree that people should start with the first season. I'd say that about any series though.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I'm nitpicking I know, but if you can't nitpick, what's the point of watching? LOL
  • How did Sam know that Ned had made a promise to Lyanna? I know Bran had seen it in his vision, but he didn't tell Sam that, at least not that I can recall.
  • I thought Bran had seen a vision of the Lyanna/Rhaegar wedding last season? Did he forget about it (he called Jon, Jon "Sand") and Sam had to tell him he was actually not a bastard.  Even if he hadn't seen that he should have heard Lyanna mention Jon's real name if he'd heard her ask Ned to make the promise.
  • Where did that drawing of the weapon that Arya gave to Gendry come from? I guess she was studying weapon design during her time at the House of Black and White but I must have missed that part.

I'm glad they let Jon know who he really is this soon into the season. That's not a secret that needed to be drawn out. 

Old 'friends' connecting was cool. The Hound and Arya have been my favorite duo in this series. I forgot about Bran and Jamie's past. 

"He has blue eyes!!!" "My eyes have always been blue!!!" Lol..... I like Tormund.

I still don't like Dany. She's just way too smug. She demands respect but has none for anyone else. At all. 

Looking forward to the rest of the season.

its really fallen off a cliff since they left the books. The dialogue is painfully bad and writing fairly suspect.

That said I'm still v interested in seeing how it plays out. If the north finds out Jon is a targaryen they'll completely disown him. Me thinks Arya is gonna discover it and relay it to Sansa thus resulting in the northern forces following Sansa as leader

(04-15-2019, 07:26 PM)JackCity Wrote: its really fallen off a cliff since they left the books. The dialogue is painfully bad and writing fairly suspect.  

That said I'm still v interested in seeing how it plays out. If the north finds out Jon is a targaryen they'll completely disown him. Me thinks Arya is gonna discover it and relay it to Sansa thus resulting in the northern forces following Sansa as leader

Its rough when your source material is incomplete. And I think it needed another 2 seasons to really flesh it out.

I thought theyve done a decent job piecing together what is probably just scattered notes, thoughts, and prewrites from Martin rather than fleshed out published material.
Get to work George

(04-15-2019, 08:26 PM)jagshype Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 07:26 PM)JackCity Wrote: its really fallen off a cliff since they left the books. The dialogue is painfully bad and writing fairly suspect.  

Its rough when your source material is incomplete. And I think it needed another 2 seasons to really flesh it out.

I thought theyve done a decent job piecing together what is probably just scattered notes, thoughts, and prewrites from Martin rather than fleshed out published material.
Get to work George

George has 2 books ready to drop as soon as the series ends.

(04-15-2019, 08:26 PM)jagshype Wrote:

Get to work George

They've no excuse for the writing and dialogue to be as shoddy as it is. You don't need the author to make them sound like humans conversing

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2019, 12:42 AM by jj82284.)

What they did to the lone character should be a chargeable offense

(04-15-2019, 03:21 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I'm nitpicking I know, but if you can't nitpick, what's the point of watching? LOL
  • How did Sam know that Ned had made a promise to Lyanna? I know Bran had seen it in his vision, but he didn't tell Sam that, at least not that I can recall.
  • I thought Bran had seen a vision of the Lyanna/Rhaegar wedding last season? Did he forget about it (he called Jon, Jon "Sand") and Sam had to tell him he was actually not a bastard.  Even if he hadn't seen that he should have heard Lyanna mention Jon's real name if he'd heard her ask Ned to make the promise.
  • Where did that drawing of the weapon that Arya gave to Gendry come from? I guess she was studying weapon design during her time at the House of Black and White but I must have missed that part.

Bran would have told him off camera

This is the first time he's seen job since they worked it out, I don't trust something this big in a raven. 

It's a replica of the staff she used to fight the waife while she was blind.

(04-16-2019, 12:40 AM)jj82284 Wrote: What they did to the lone character should be a chargeable offense

(04-15-2019, 03:21 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I'm nitpicking I know, but if you can't nitpick, what's the point of watching? LOL

Bran would have told him off camera

This is the first time he's seen job since they worked it out, I don't trust something this big in a raven. 

It's a replica of the staff she used to fight the waife while she was blind.

The "he would have told him off camera" excuse is a little cheesy since they showed the rest of the conversation. I think they might have filmed Sam finding out and edited it out of the final cut but more likely it was just a miss by the writers.

The second point, I'm talking about the conversation between Bran and Sam. Bran told Sam that Jon's last name wasn't "Snow" it was "Sand". Sam then had to tell Bran that Jon was actually true born since a maester had married Rhaegar and Lyanna after annulling the marriage between Rhaegar and Elia Martell. Bran already knew that.

The drawing didn't look like a staff...it looked like some kind of gun (looks like a trigger guard at the far end).

[Image: screen-shot-2019-04-15-at-8-39-27-am-155...size=480:*]