Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Marrone won't discipline RB Fournette following arrest

Marrone won't discipline RB Fournette following arrest

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...ing-arrest

Jaguars head coach Doug Marrone says Leonard Fournette will not face team discipline following the RB's arrest. Fournette was charged with knowingly driving with a suspended license.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Like rocks for brains would get the message anyway.

As well he shouldn't.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

As immature and avoidable as it was. It's fair. It wasn't some violent altercation or hit and run. They're probably tired of dealing with these things at this point. The draft is next week. Would be hilarious if they trade down from the 7th overall position to the bottom of RD1 and they take a RB like Josh Jacobs though. 

Dough Marrone - "Yeah we won't punish him for it"
Leonard Fournette - "Nice"

**Jaguars on draft night select Josh Jacobs after a nice little trade down deal**

Leonard Fournette:

[Image: 93581DCDD93995313508E10227F169B60A670D5E]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-16-2019, 03:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote: As immature and avoidable as it was. It's fair. It wasn't some violent altercation or hit and run. They're probably tired of dealing with these things at this point. The draft is next week. Would be hilarious if they trade down from the 7th overall position to the bottom of RD1 and they take a RB like Josh Jacobs though. 

**Jaguars on draft night select Josh Jacobs after a nice little trade down deal**

Leonard Fournette:

When's the last time a RB got drafted in the 1st that ran a 4.63 40 time?

(04-16-2019, 03:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 03:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote: As immature and avoidable as it was. It's fair. It wasn't some violent altercation or hit and run. They're probably tired of dealing with these things at this point. The draft is next week. Would be hilarious if they trade down from the 7th overall position to the bottom of RD1 and they take a RB like Josh Jacobs though. 

Leonard Fournette:

When's the last time a RB got drafted in the 1st that ran a 4.63 40 time?

Not sure. I don't keep up with that kind of stuff. I meant it as a joke if anything. I fully expect them to go Hockenson, Sweat or Williams there at 7th overall.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-16-2019, 03:17 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 03:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: When's the last time a RB got drafted in the 1st that ran a 4.63 40 time?

Not sure. I don't keep up with that kind of stuff. I meant it as a joke if anything. I fully expect them to go Hockenson, Sweat or Williams there at 7th overall.

I’d not be surprised if they don’t draft a RB until the sixth round. 

I wouldn’t draft one until the fourth at the earliest, and that’s a bit of a stretch IMO.

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2019, 04:51 PM by NH3.)

I hope that this puts to rest to which all the haters that wanted to see him disciplined. As stated Marrone had the same thing happen to him, it happened to me but I didn't get arrested and it happened to many others as well.

It's Not an punishable offense. It was an honest mistake regardless of what others says. Good job coach Marrone.

NH3...

(04-16-2019, 03:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 03:17 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Not sure. I don't keep up with that kind of stuff. I meant it as a joke if anything. I fully expect them to go Hockenson, Sweat or Williams there at 7th overall.

I’d not be surprised if they don’t draft a RB until the sixth round. 

I wouldn’t draft one until the fourth at the earliest, and that’s a bit of a stretch IMO.

I'd be surprised if they drafted a RB period w/respect to the FA acquisitions. We need help at other positions.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(04-16-2019, 04:46 PM)NH3 Wrote: I hope that this puts to rest to which all the haters that wanted to see him disciplined. As stated Marrone had the same thing happen to him, it happened to me but I didn't get arrested and it happened to many others as well.

It's Not an punishable offense. It was an honest mistake regardless of what others says. Good job coach Marrone.

NH3...

(04-16-2019, 03:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I’d not be surprised if they don’t draft a RB until the sixth round. 

I'd be surprised if they drafted a RB period w/respect to the FA acquisitions. We need help at other positions.

NH3...

I think they want a change of pace back that is more dangerous in space/catching out of the backfield. There isn't one on the roster. 

That was an integral element in the offenses that Foles ran in Philly and I'd wager DeFilippo intends to implement that here as well. With Corey Grant gone, they will likely look to the late rounds and UDFA signings to add a couple of backs to compete for the role.

(04-16-2019, 04:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 04:46 PM)NH3 Wrote: I hope that this puts to rest to which all the haters that wanted to see him disciplined. As stated Marrone had the same thing happen to him, it happened to me but I didn't get arrested and it happened to many others as well.

NH3...

NH3...

I think they want a change of pace back that is more dangerous in space/catching out of the backfield. There isn't one on the roster. 

That was a integral element in the offenses that Foles ran in Philly and I'd wager DeFilippo intends to implement that here as well. With Corey Grant gone, they will likely look to the late rounds and UDFA signings to add a couple of backs to compete for the role.

If they go after a RB late they could potentially find a lot of value in guys like Justice Hill, Myles Gaskin and Miles Sanders.

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2019, 05:02 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Discipline him by actually making him play.

He'd be more than happy with another few games off as he attempts to get to his 2nd contract with minimal carries and less wear and tear on the body.

Turns out the same thing happened to Marrone. Handcuffed for not paying an old ticket while out recruiting for Georgia Tech.

Only thing I was shocked by, was the amount of media coverage it got to begin with. Vic Micolucci really thinks he needs to play ambulance chaser and get video at the station? Over a ticket?!?! LOL
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(04-16-2019, 05:02 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 04:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think they want a change of pace back that is more dangerous in space/catching out of the backfield. There isn't one on the roster. 

That was a integral element in the offenses that Foles ran in Philly and I'd wager DeFilippo intends to implement that here as well. With Corey Grant gone, they will likely look to the late rounds and UDFA signings to add a couple of backs to compete for the role.

If they go after a RB late they could potentially find a lot of value in guys like Justice Hill, Myles Gaskin and Miles Sanders.

Sanders and Hill are getting quite a bit of buzz.  Could be late 4th/early 5th round picks. 
They may not be there in the sixth, but Gaskin, Pollard, Love, Homer and Thompson (who just visited the Jags) are all names to watch during the 6th and 7th IMO.

Ok...12 over. No big deal if ere 82 in a 70. But am I the only one thinking 37 in a 25 is stupid? Unless it was construction or school zone, only 25’s I’ve seen has been residential. I can’t imagine trying to go almost 40 in a neighborhood. But I don’t know the road. So...

(04-16-2019, 05:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 05:02 PM)Caldrac Wrote: If they go after a RB late they could potentially find a lot of value in guys like Justice Hill, Myles Gaskin and Miles Sanders.

Sanders and Hill are getting quite a bit of buzz.  Could be late 4th/early 5th round picks. 
They may not be there in the sixth, but Gaskin, Pollard, Love, Homer and Thompson (who just visited the Jags) are all names to watch during the 6th and 7th IMO.
You think Hill and Sanders fall to late 4th or 5th?  I think there will be a run of RBs in the 3rd and 4th.  I doubt Sanders and Hill make it that far while both running 4.4s as they are 2 of the fastest backs in this class.  Henderson, Montgomery, and Williams are some others I think will be in the run of RBs   I think Harris and Jacobs go in the 2nd

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2019, 07:14 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

I'm a little biased but I think this would be the perfect player to compliment Fournette's style of running game.  Dude is 228 pounds but has good breakaway speed, as he displayed vs VT on a 75 yard TD run.  Take him in the 6th ----great vision, burst through the holes, has near breakaway speed, and doesn't go down easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hDCvHad2OU

Qadree Ollison, RB/FB, Pittsburgh
Height: 6-0. Weight: 228. Arm: 31.50. Hand: 9.63.
40 Time: 4.58. 10-Yd: 1.53. Three Cone: 7.53.
Bench: 19. Vertical: 29.5. Broad: 9-6.
Projected Round (2019): 6-FA.

4/6/19: Ollison averaged 6.3 yards per carry in 2018 for 1,213 yards with 11 touchdowns. He had 11 receptions for 66 yards as well.

8/28/18: Ollison had a breakout freshman year, averaging 5.3 yards per carry for 1,121 yards with 11 touchdowns.

[Image: pittsburgh-panthers-running-back-qadree-...1052092414]

(04-16-2019, 06:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 05:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Sanders and Hill are getting quite a bit of buzz.  Could be late 4th/early 5th round picks. 
You think Hill and Sanders fall to late 4th or 5th?  I think there will be a run of RBs in the 3rd and 4th.  I doubt Sanders and Hill make it that far while both running 4.4s as they are 2 of the fastest backs in this class.  Henderson, Montgomery, and Williams are some others I think will be in the run of RBs   I think Harris and Jacobs go in the 2nd

I was more interested in pointing out that I don't think they will be there in the 6th than guessing where they may fall or rise. 

There's a dozen backs with good forty times that are all over bigboards. I've seen Gaskin as a 3rd rounder on one board and a 7th on the next.  I've seen Pollard called a priority UDFA. 

Picking what happens to backs outside the top 10 or 12 taken is a crapshoot. 

On topic:

I still don't give a flip about Fournette's suspended license, but I'm very interested in how he goes about picking up this new offense. Foles said in his presser that they began installation today.

(04-16-2019, 05:02 PM)pirkster Wrote: Turns out the same thing happened to Marrone.  Handcuffed for not paying an old ticket while out recruiting for Georgia Tech.

Only thing I was shocked by, was the amount of media coverage it got to begin with.  Vic Micolucci really thinks he needs to play ambulance chaser and get video at the station?  Over a ticket?!?!  LOL

The media went as far as dispatching an helicopter to get overhead footage. Waaaaaaay Overboard and then some fans jumped on board to add to the intensification.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(04-16-2019, 07:07 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I'm a little biased but I think this would be the perfect player to compliment Fournette's style of running game.  Dude is 228 pounds but has good breakaway speed, as he displayed vs VT on a 75 yard TD run.  Take him in the 6th ----great vision, burst through the holes, has near breakaway speed, and doesn't go down easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hDCvHad2OU

Qadree Ollison, RB/FB, Pittsburgh
Height: 6-0. Weight: 228. Arm: 31.50. Hand: 9.63.
40 Time: 4.58. 10-Yd: 1.53. Three Cone: 7.53.
Bench: 19. Vertical: 29.5. Broad: 9-6.
Projected Round (2019): 6-FA.

4/6/19: Ollison averaged 6.3 yards per carry in 2018 for 1,213 yards with 11 touchdowns. He had 11 receptions for 66 yards as well.

8/28/18: Ollison had a breakout freshman year, averaging 5.3 yards per carry for 1,121 yards with 11 touchdowns.

[Image: pittsburgh-panthers-running-back-qadree-...1052092414]

Not bad, BUT he's not what we need at the position in my opinion. Not once was he displayed catching the ball out of the backfield. NOPE...

NH3...
"AZANE"