Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Allen vs Sweat

If Allen and Sweat are both available at #7, which do you take and why? Both are freak athletes and highly productive.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Probably Allen.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I'm a fan of Sweat, but Allen is the best player in the draft IMO. He would have to be the pick.

Allen has a lot more overall range and versatility. He'll either be an outstanding 3 - 4 OLB or a flexible 4 - 3 DE. I don't think he'll slip to us at 7th overall though. If he did his name should be on the card and called within 5 minutes, tops. Sweat is a nice prospect on his own. Of course his showing at the combine turned heads. But overall? When you look at Allen's strengths it's a list a lot longer than Sweat's and when you look at weaknesses? Allen's list is a lot shorter than Sweat's too.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

No way Allen makes it past the Jets at 3.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Bosa and Allen should be the first two non QBs taken

Allen is a freaking beast.

I'd go with Allen over Sweat.

(04-17-2019, 12:02 PM)Kane Wrote: Bosa and Allen should be the first two non QBs taken

Quinnen Williams may not take to kindly to this statement.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-18-2019, 01:51 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 12:02 PM)Kane Wrote: Bosa and Allen should be the first two non QBs taken

Quinnen Williams may not take to kindly to this statement.

Oliver won't either

Allen, but it's close for me.

(04-16-2019, 09:15 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: If Allen and Sweat are both available at #7, which do you take and why? Both are freak athletes and highly productive.

Probably Allen but not by much. Wouldn't mind any of these two being drafted by the Jags.