Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(04-16-2019, 07:21 AM)Rico Wrote: OK, back from Myrtle Beach.

What did I miss?

Rosebud was a sled.

Darth Vader is Luke's father.

Bruce Willis was already dead.

There was room for Jack on that door, Rose.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-16-2019, 10:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 07:21 AM)Rico Wrote: OK, back from Myrtle Beach.

What did I miss?

Rosebud was a sled.

Room enough? Yes. Buoyant enough? No.

(04-16-2019, 12:31 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 10:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Rosebud was a sled.

Room enough? Yes. Buoyant enough? No.

Says otherwise...

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2019, 07:25 PM by RicoTx.)

Well, I just spent the last five hours in the ER.  Slipped on the wet garage floor and dislocated and broke my right ankle.  Probably need surgery as well.  I see the orthopedic sutgeon on Monday morning.  Still sitting in the ER waiting to be discharged.  It was pretty disgusting looking.  Your foot is just not supposed to point that direction.  Still in a pretty good deal of pain.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2019, 07:38 PM by homebiscuit.)

Well that sucks, Rico. Get well soon.

At least it happened AFTER my Myrtle trip.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2019, 07:18 AM by The Drifter.)

Be well soon Rico
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Damn, you’re just falling apart man.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

This really sucks.

That is all.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2019, 04:43 PM by The Drifter.)

Just found out and old friend and band mate of mine is in the ICU at the hospital. Apparently, his liver and other organs are shutting down due to years of hard drinking. He's only 50 to, too young in my opinion but..... I'll pray for him although this is little chance for his survival....
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

So... ladies, this one is aimed at you...

My girlfriend would like to go to her first Jaguars game this year when they come to the UK.. she would like a Jaguars jersey.. so, I'm here to discuss sizes.. the game is in November, so it'll likely be cold so the Jersey will be best worn over a hoodie.. she's 5'3 and slim (size 8).. any idea? Is the ladies cut quite generous in the, ahem, chest area?

Help? I'd like to surprise her... oh, that way I get to choose the player she represents too!
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(04-20-2019, 06:38 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: So... ladies, this one is aimed at you...

My girlfriend would like to go to her first Jaguars game this year when they come to the UK.. she would like a Jaguars jersey.. so, I'm here to discuss sizes.. the game is in November, so it'll likely be cold so the Jersey will be best worn over a hoodie.. she's 5'3 and slim (size 8).. any idea? Is the ladies cut quite generous in the, ahem, chest area?

Help? I'd like to surprise her... oh, that way I get to choose the player she represents too!

This reads like a subtle brag about ur lady's measurements there mate.

(04-20-2019, 06:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 06:38 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: So... ladies, this one is aimed at you...

This reads like a subtle brag about ur lady's measurements there mate.

Haha, for anyone reading it that way.. it wasn't intended, it was just to try and get the right size due to shipping fees etc!!

Best thing to do is take a shirt that she already has that fits, or that would fit like you want it to over a hoodie and measure it and see which shirt matches her measurements. I know UK and US sizing numbers are different, so be aware of that when you order. An 8 in the UK is a US Size 6.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(04-20-2019, 07:21 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

Best thing to do is take a shirt that she already has that fits, or that would fit like you want it to over a hoodie and measure it and see which shirt matches her measurements. I know UK and US sizing numbers are different, so be aware of that when you order. An 8 in the UK is a US Size 6.

Ok I'll try that.. I think it'll be a small jersey.. I think she'd usually be an XS/2XS but over a hoodie it'll have to be S I'd imagine.. but I'll try that and see how it goes!

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2019, 04:11 PM by The Drifter.)

It is with great sorrow that I must announce the passing of a good friend and Band mate. AT 50 Years Old he drank himself to death. Such a waste of talent......
Guess I'll have a funeral to go to this week

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2019, 03:35 PM by Jags.)

Sorry for your loss drifter.

Late to the party, but get well Rico.

Other than that, Happy Easter, peeps.

(04-20-2019, 07:41 AM)Rico Wrote: This really sucks.

That is all.

Glad you got some golf in before the bad luck. 
Hope you feel better soon.

(04-21-2019, 03:24 PM)The Drifter Wrote: It is with great sorrow that I much announce the passing of a good friend and Band mate. AT 50 Years Old he drank himself to death. Such a waste of talent......

Condolences to you, Drifter.  Hope you have some fond memories of your pal to focus on.

(04-21-2019, 03:24 PM)The Drifter Wrote: It is with great sorrow that I much announce the passing of a good friend and Band mate. AT 50 Years Old he drank himself to death. Such a waste of talent......

Sorry to hear that, Drifter. Condolences.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2019, 09:56 AM by Brett.)

It's my Birthday! Officially 32....no going back now.