Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gut Head Heart picks

(04-13-2019, 04:30 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-12-2019, 08:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Where do you feel the Jags are going? I have a bad feeling about this draft and I really don’t know why.

Gut Pick- Jawaan Taylor
Head Pick- Hockenson
Heart Pick- Haskins

I also have a bad feeling about this draft. But... I know exactly why that is. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

GUT PICK: MONTEZ SWEAT - DE - MISSISSIPPI ST. 
HEAD PICK: T.J HOCKENSON - TE - IOWA
HEART PICK: DEVIN WHITE - ILB - LSU 

My gut is telling me it'll be Montez Sweat. He turned heads at the combine with his 40 time. He has some minor issues off the field that raises some concerns and he has some type of heart condition. I think Coughlin sees Jason Pierre-Paul 2.0 and Caldwell didn't shy away from taking Myles Jack in RD2 with a pending knee injury and concern leading up to that draft. Even though it's my "gut" pick. I like the idea of it on paper. But I would prefer Devin White at ILB over him. 

I think he's the guy. My head is saying Hockenson. He can block. He can get out and up and make some big plays in the passing game. He fits a need for Foles and this offensive system that has featured the TE in it's attack over the years. Heart wise? I really dig Devin White out of LSU man. The more and more film and highlights I see of this guy the more and more I like him. He's perfect for the NFL. And he would be an instant playmaker among this group of guys we already have on defense.
The main bad feeling I have about this draft is that we somehow end up with Rashan Gary. 

I don't want him.

Though the odds suggest many others will bust, I would be generally okay with just about anyone else reasonably projected to be in the early to mid first round.

As far as the availability of good players around our pick, I believe any number of players can contribute a good deal to this team.

But I believe Gary would be th exception.

Of course, now that I've gone on record denouncing a possible Gary pick, he will:

a.  Get picked by the Jaguars and fail miserably

b.  Get picked elsewhere and have a Hall of fame career

c.  Get picked by the Jaguars and have a hall of fame career, with my quotes being used by the local and national media as exhibit A as to why fans should not determine draft picks.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-14-2019, 10:34 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-13-2019, 04:30 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I also have a bad feeling about this draft. But... I know exactly why that is. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

GUT PICK: MONTEZ SWEAT - DE - MISSISSIPPI ST. 
HEAD PICK: T.J HOCKENSON - TE - IOWA
HEART PICK: DEVIN WHITE - ILB - LSU 

My gut is telling me it'll be Montez Sweat. He turned heads at the combine with his 40 time. He has some minor issues off the field that raises some concerns and he has some type of heart condition. I think Coughlin sees Jason Pierre-Paul 2.0 and Caldwell didn't shy away from taking Myles Jack in RD2 with a pending knee injury and concern leading up to that draft. Even though it's my "gut" pick. I like the idea of it on paper. But I would prefer Devin White at ILB over him. 

I think he's the guy. My head is saying Hockenson. He can block. He can get out and up and make some big plays in the passing game. He fits a need for Foles and this offensive system that has featured the TE in it's attack over the years. Heart wise? I really dig Devin White out of LSU man. The more and more film and highlights I see of this guy the more and more I like him. He's perfect for the NFL. And he would be an instant playmaker among this group of guys we already have on defense.
The main bad feeling I have about this draft is that we somehow end up with Rashan Gary. 

I don't want him.

Though the odds suggest many others will bust, I would be generally okay with just about anyone else reasonably projected to be in the early to mid first round.

As far as the availability of good players around our pick, I believe any number of players can contribute a good deal to this team.

But I believe Gary would be th exception.

Of course, now that I've gone on record denouncing a possible Gary pick, he will:

a.  Get picked by the Jaguars and fail miserably

b.  Get picked elsewhere and have a Hall of fame career

c.  Get picked by the Jaguars and have a hall of fame career, with my quotes being used by the local and national media as exhibit A as to why fans should not determine draft picks.

I don't think anyone on this board wants Gary. He has a ton of athletic ability, but he has never put it all together to be a top tier player. I hate potential. It just means you haven't achieved anything yet. Gimme someone who has proven successful so far and I'll take them 7 days a week over a "potential" guy.

Gut: Taylor
Head: Dline BAP (Sweat likely, but Oliver if there)
Heart: Trade Back and land one of the Iowa TE, Cody Ford, or D. Risner

(04-15-2019, 01:22 PM)Mikey Wrote: Gut: Taylor
Head: Dline BAP (Sweat likely, but Oliver if there)
Heart: Trade Back and land one of the Iowa TE, Cody Ford, or D. Risner

This is about my take as well, but Risner would be my primary target in a trade back.

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2019, 04:47 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Gut Head Heart tell me trade down.  Trade down to ~ #20 and pick the TE  that is still on the board between Player #1 or Player #2 shown below.  Player #2 will likely be on the board and is a redzone threat.

Iowa TE Stats - from past 2 years

TE Player 1 from Iowa
24 rec 320 yards 3 tds
49 rec 760 yards 6 tds

TE Player 2 from Iowa
30 rec 494 yards 11 tds
39 rec 519 yards 7 tds

(04-12-2019, 08:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Where do you feel the Jags are going? I have a bad feeling about this draft and I really don’t know why.

Gut Pick- Jawaan Taylor
Head Pick- Hockenson
Heart Pick- Haskins

Gut Pick - HOCKENSON
Head Pick - HOCKENSON
Heart Pick - HOCKENSON

(04-20-2019, 03:09 AM)PortDawgJags808 Wrote:

Gut Pick- Jawaan Taylor
Head Pick- Hockenson
Heart Pick- Haskins

Gut Pick - HOCKENSON
Head Pick - HOCKENSON
Heart Pick - HOCKENSON

This, I was thinking for a while they would go dline, but after Floes expressed how important the TE position is to him I think they listen.  Hockenson for all 3 now

(04-20-2019, 06:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 03:09 AM)PortDawgJags808 Wrote: Gut Pick - HOCKENSON
Head Pick - HOCKENSON
Heart Pick - HOCKENSON

This, I was thinking for a while they would go dline, but after Floes expressed how important the TE position is to him I think they listen.  Hockenson for all 3 now
That was lame of Foles. Hope they don’t feel compelled to reach for a non-generational talent TE in the top 10. That would be pure needs drafting at its worst.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-20-2019, 07:52 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 06:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This, I was thinking for a while they would go dline, but after Floes expressed how important the TE position is to him I think they listen.  Hockenson for all 3 now
That was lame of Foles. Hope they don’t feel compelled to reach for a non-generational talent TE in the top 10. That would be pure needs drafting at its worst.

Foles isn't stupid and I'm sure he knows exactly what he's doing and I'm sure he's seen some tape on Hockenson and I cant blame him for saying that to the media where it will be heard loud and clear

Lmao

(04-20-2019, 08:19 PM)JackCity Wrote: Lmao

+1

(04-20-2019, 07:52 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 06:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This, I was thinking for a while they would go dline, but after Floes expressed how important the TE position is to him I think they listen.  Hockenson for all 3 now

I know. Good thing Hockenson is a generational talent at TE.
'02

(04-14-2019, 07:32 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Gut:  Jawaan Taylor (protect Foles and open Fournette holes)
Head:  Montez Sweat (Fowler 3rd down replacement and Ngakoue backup)
Heart:  Hockenson (be a fun guy to root for)

^This

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(04-20-2019, 08:19 PM)JackCity Wrote: Lmao

+2

Gut: Taylor
Head: Sweat or Interior DL
Heart: Hockenson

(04-13-2019, 08:07 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Gut:  Hockenson

Head: Hockenson

Heart: Hockenson

How simple can you get?

+1

(04-20-2019, 10:33 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I know. Good thing Hockenson is a generational talent at TE.

Is he even the best prospect from his own college in the last few years? You could easily make a case that Kittle was a better prospect.

(04-21-2019, 07:19 AM)Upper Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 10:33 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I know. Good thing Hockenson is a generational talent at TE.

Is he even the best prospect from his own college in the last few years? You could easily make a case that Kittle was a better prospect.

Prospect? No you cant, Kittle was a good prospect but nowhere close to TJ.  As good as a pass catcher Kittle is now he wasn't that coming out.  Hockenson is a much better better pass catcher coming out.  A lot of us wanted Kittle coming out but none of us wanted him in the 1st and most of us would take TJ at 7.  Ray Charles could see who the better prospect is.  NFL success has nothing to do with if one was a good prospect.

Kittle didn't get featured in the offense like Hock did (which Ferentz has acknowledged was a major mistake), but he showed he was a very good receiver when given the chance. He had a higher YPC and a much higher TD rate. He was also just as good of a blocker and even though Hock is a very good athlete, he's still considerably worse than Kittle athletically.

(04-21-2019, 07:42 AM)Upper Wrote: Kittle didn't get featured in the offense like Hock did (which Ferentz has acknowledged was a major mistake), but he showed he was a very good receiver when given the chance. He had a higher YPC and a much higher TD rate. He was also just as good of a blocker and even though Hock is a very good athlete, he's still considerably worse than Kittle athletically.

Funny to compare them as a prospect.  Kittle went 5th round, TJ will most likely be a top 10 pick.  As good a blocker Kittl was he was not the blocker TJ is or the pass catcher.  TJ also won the award for the best TE in college.  I don't ever remember you beating the table for Kittle in the 1st.  A lot of us wanted Kittle but not in the first or 2nd, if people thought he was a top 5 prospect in the draft they would of wanted him in the 1st.  It's not rocket science