Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
5th round pick : Ryquell Armstead

Dave definitely has a fetish for these big and linearly fast, but stiff and inefficient power backs.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-27-2019, 02:38 PM)Upper Wrote: Dave definitely has a fetish for these big and linearly fast, but stiff and inefficient power backs.

I guess the plan is to go back to the 2017 model with Fournette and Ivory. Hey it worked....
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-27-2019, 02:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Was really hoping for a receiving back

I like this guy alright, but...

Me too but hearing about him showing hands at his pro day is encouraging

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Snl_-55cLk
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(04-27-2019, 02:25 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote:
(04-27-2019, 02:18 PM)Ronster Wrote: Nah, the O-Line is gonna do its job this year. Think positive.

I am positive. You can't see the positivity in my words? For shame. OL can't block forever btw. People get tired too.
Maybe one of the backup swing tackles can be moved inside to compete with Cann. I’d just prefer Linder go back to guard and use Shatley at center.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-27-2019, 02:38 PM)Upper Wrote: Dave definitely has a fetish for these big and linearly fast, but stiff and inefficient power backs.

Hey Dude...Dave is going to lead us to the promised land. Yeah he's made mistakes but who hasn't? Statistically he's already failed as much as he's going to already. Right?
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(04-27-2019, 02:25 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote:
(04-27-2019, 02:18 PM)Ronster Wrote: Nah, the O-Line is gonna do its job this year. Think positive.

I am positive. You can't see the positivity in my words? For shame. OL can't block forever btw. People get tired too.
Maybe one of the backup swing tackles can be moved inside to compete with Cann. I’d just prefer Linder go back to guard and use Shatley at center.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-27-2019, 02:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Was really hoping for a receiving back

I like this guy alright, but...

Kaye knows:

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1...20449?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-27-2019, 02:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-27-2019, 02:22 PM)Rico Wrote: Temple is not a small school.  Perhaps you should check some of the players that have come out of Temple.

Lol, that is funny.

What, your ignorance?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

https://twitter.com/temple_fb/status/110...63776?s=21

(04-27-2019, 02:48 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-27-2019, 02:25 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: I am positive. You can't see the positivity in my words? For shame. OL can't block forever btw. People get tired too.

I feel like Linder is one of the best Centers in the league. No need to move him. Shatley isn't even close.
'02

The first thing I notice is that he's constantly running out of a shotgun formation. Something I think most of us assume we'll see a lot more of this season, in this new Offense with Foles.

(04-27-2019, 02:31 PM)Upper Wrote: Another power back to add to Fournette, Rawls, and Blue? Not exactly what we needed...

Well when two of those guys are injury prone and Blue is average at best, I'd say it is what we needed if that's the style of football they want to run..

For what it's worth, he was one of the "best available" when he was drafted and was certainly on the national draft radar.

And Fournette doesn't catch much - certainly not as much as Yeldon did. But neither Fournette or Armstead are the second coming of Jordan Howard or Alfred Morris.

Everyone should read this: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-a...score-2019

Running 4.45 and 220 is awesome

(04-27-2019, 04:39 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Well when two of those guys are injury prone and Blue is average at best, I'd say it is what we needed if that's the style of football they want to run..

Yeah I'd imagine neither makes the team now, and Cunningham will be our uninspiring change of pace back.

Rock Mic'd up... Lookin like a cross between Leonard Fournette and Lil' Cease

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR9k6JIVVFY
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2019, 08:26 PM by pirkster.)

(04-27-2019, 02:02 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Kind of a Leonard Fournette clone.

They said on TV that he's an outstanding character guy too.

That was my impression.

Didn't play much until final year, but was productive in that opportunity.

Straight line, power, "angry" runner (his word.)  Love that attitude.  Footwork described as firing pistons.

Maybe a quicker/faster Rashad Jennings with better footwork.

Only concern may be, like Fournette, nagging injuries.

And no, Temple is not a "small" school.

(04-27-2019, 06:03 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-27-2019, 04:39 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Well when two of those guys are injury prone and Blue is average at best, I'd say it is what we needed if that's the style of football they want to run..

Yeah I'd imagine neither makes the team now, and Cunningham will be our uninspiring change of pace back.

It was clear the Cunningham signing was for his special teams prowess.  Anything beyond that is gravy.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Reminds me a little of MJD.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Maybe he can be our Chris Carson.
No pain, no gain.

(04-27-2019, 09:15 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Maybe he can be our Chris Carson.

That would be sweet if he could be >> Fournette like Carson is too.

(04-27-2019, 02:22 PM)Rico Wrote:
(04-27-2019, 02:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The Soul of Gene Smith has slide in.  Small school, need, high character.   Dave Smith is alive

Temple is not a small school.  Perhaps you should check some of the players that have come out of Temple.

Potroast says hi