Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(04-23-2019, 09:55 AM)Brett Wrote: It's my Birthday! Officially 32....no going back now.

Happy Birthday Dude
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-23-2019, 10:33 AM)The Drifter Wrote:
(04-23-2019, 09:55 AM)Brett Wrote: It's my Birthday! Officially 32....no going back now.

Happy Birthday Dude

Thanks a lot! I appreciate it.

The A-Team: best TV show ever or most awesome TV show ever? Discuss.

Macgyver was better. (The original one)

And one of my favorite side effects of the painkillers...I haven't taken a crap in five or six days.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-29-2019, 08:45 PM)Rico Wrote: And one of my favorite side effects of the painkillers...I haven't taken a crap in five or six days.

You're full of it.

(04-29-2019, 08:45 PM)Rico Wrote: And one of my favorite side effects of the painkillers...I haven't taken a crap in five or six days.

Pick up some Krystal’s...it will be like poop through a goose with those!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(04-30-2019, 12:21 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

Pick up some Krystal’s...it will be like poop through a goose with those!

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of some Chinese Hot & Sour Soup.  Whatever they spice that stuff with usually reacts like human Drano for me.

Damn, still dealing with the pain. Praying for you Rico. In time, you’ll be back to bowling, golfing, and drinking. I know it sucks.

(04-30-2019, 07:35 AM)Rico Wrote:
(04-30-2019, 12:21 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Pick up some Krystal’s...it will be like poop through a goose with those!

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of some Chinese Hot & Sour Soup.  Whatever they spice that stuff with usually reacts like human Drano for me.

MSG  ^

Muesli cereal and strong coffee will help too.  Grapes for snacks throughout the day, and buy a box of those individually wrapped prunes. 
This was my regimen last time I was on the painkillers for a broken bone.

I stopped taking the damn things yesterday. I haven't had an oxy in almost two days and seem to be tolerating OK. Follow-up with the surgeon tomorrow morning and we'll see what the plans are. I'm curious to see how big the incision is. I was already splinted and wrapped by the time I came out from the anesthesia.

(05-01-2019, 03:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-30-2019, 07:35 AM)Rico Wrote: Actually I was thinking more along the lines of some Chinese Hot & Sour Soup.  Whatever they spice that stuff with usually reacts like human Drano for me.

MSG  ^

Muesli cereal and strong coffee will help too.  Grapes for snacks throughout the day, and buy a box of those individually wrapped prunes. 

Will work, can attest.

Glad you're in less pain Rico.

(05-01-2019, 04:35 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(05-01-2019, 03:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: MSG  ^

Will work, can attest.

That's just shameless marketing, right there, Mr. Grape Farmer.   Smile

(05-01-2019, 05:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-01-2019, 04:35 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Will work, can attest.

That's just shameless marketing, right there, Mr. Grape Farmer.   Smile

Big Grin

Am I the only one who has an overwhelming urge to punch Mark Zuckerberg in the face whenever he appears on television? And I don't even use Facebook.

(05-01-2019, 07:54 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Am I the only one who has an overwhelming urge to punch Mark Zuckerberg in the face whenever he appears on television? And I don't even use Facebook.

I don’t use it either.  I’ll hold him down for you. Or vis versa, im ok either way.

Yeah, I'm with you guys. [BLEEP] the Zuck!

Welp. Sitting in the waiting room at JOI. Not sure how 'good' any news would be this early, but we'll see what next steps are anyway. Interested to see the size of the incision since I was still unconscious when they splinted and bandaged it.

(05-02-2019, 08:48 AM)Rico Wrote: Welp.  Sitting in the waiting room at JOI.  Not sure how 'good' any news would be this early, but we'll see what next steps are anyway.  Interested to see the size of the incision since I was still unconscious when they splinted and bandaged it.

Still zero weight-bearing until at least my next appointment in five weeks.   Sad

(05-02-2019, 10:22 AM)Rico Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 08:48 AM)Rico Wrote: Welp.  Sitting in the waiting room at JOI.  Not sure how 'good' any news would be this early, but we'll see what next steps are anyway.  Interested to see the size of the incision since I was still unconscious when they splinted and bandaged it.

Still zero weight-bearing until at least my next appointment in five weeks.   Sad

Did you see the cut?

Was it 

[Image: 060705-fuccillo-1acjpg-4e336428dad326c5.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato