Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jeopardy

Anyone watch Jeopardy and seen James the past 2 weeks? This guy is amazing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We could have another Ken Jennings on our hands.

(04-17-2019, 01:00 PM)Kane Wrote: We could have another Ken Jennings on our hands.

I don't know if he will last 70+ days but he bets large enough where he could pass Jenning's earnings. That guy is ruthless with how he bets. Obviously it will turn around and bite him in the butt one day, but it is impressive to watch.

(04-17-2019, 01:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 01:00 PM)Kane Wrote: We could have another Ken Jennings on our hands.

I don't know if he will last 70+ days but he bets large enough where he could pass Jenning's earnings. That guy is ruthless with how he bets. Obviously it will turn around and bite him in the butt one day, but it is impressive to watch.

He also lacks the personality of Ken Jennings 

but I enjoy watching domination on that show and seeing contestants with 2500 at the end just looking defeated when they had no chance

(04-17-2019, 01:03 PM)Kane Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 01:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I don't know if he will last 70+ days but he bets large enough where he could pass Jenning's earnings. That guy is ruthless with how he bets. Obviously it will turn around and bite him in the butt one day, but it is impressive to watch.

He also lacks the personality of Ken Jennings 

but I enjoy watching domination on that show and seeing contestants with 2500 at the end just looking defeated when they had no chance

Yeah, weird guy for sure. Guessing he has a photographic memory or something. He is smart as a whip.

James has passed the million dollar mark in 13 shows. Guy is impressive.

(04-23-2019, 10:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: James has passed the million dollar mark in 13 shows. Guy is impressive.

Producers are soiling their britches, I'm sure!

(04-24-2019, 11:58 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-23-2019, 10:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: James has passed the million dollar mark in 13 shows. Guy is impressive.

Producers are soiling their britches, I'm sure!

They threw the daily double in the $1000 spot the other day and it was the first one he picked. That move could be completely random or they are trying to keep his winnings down.

He's a cyborg.

Slow night for James. Only 73k.

You made me watch Jeopardy last night. Still impressive. If I remember, I’m going to try to watch it again tonight.

Another 90K for the terminator.

(04-24-2019, 12:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 11:58 AM)Mikey Wrote: Producers are soiling their britches, I'm sure!

They threw the daily double in the $1000 spot the other day and it was the first one he picked. That move could be completely random or they are trying to keep his winnings down.

"I'll take Potent Potables for $400, Alex."
"That's $4.00, James. Four dollars and zero cents. Potent Potables for $4.00."
"But--"
"Four."

^ that reminds me of the celebrity Jeopardy on SNL years ago.

“I’ll tahe the penis mightier for 200, Alex”

“That’s ‘The Pen is Mightier’

“I don’t care what it is, if it works, I’ll take it”

(04-26-2019, 09:06 AM)Jags Wrote: ^ that reminds me of the celebrity Jeopardy on SNL years ago.

“I’ll tahe the penis mightier for 200, Alex”

“That’s ‘The Pen is Mightier’

“I don’t care what it is, if it works, I’ll take it”

"Apparently Burt Reynolds has changed his name to Turd Ferguson."

James escaped by the skin of his teeth by $18 dollars last night! 18 in a row.

I’m rooting for the guy. Let’s see a 150K or 200k one day total. I’ll add to the viewership, even if just setting up to DVR

Another 96k for James. This message boards lack of Jeopardy watching is bothersome on many levels.

(04-30-2019, 08:23 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Another 96k for James. This message boards lack of Jeopardy watching is bothersome on many levels.

I have two kids, and it's right when we prep them for bed or bathtime, so yeah, I miss out.

I think I caught the last 3 clues yesterday, but based on his playing style, they were the easy ones, so I felt really good that I answered all the Q's right.

(05-01-2019, 08:45 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-30-2019, 08:23 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Another 96k for James. This message boards lack of Jeopardy watching is bothersome on many levels.

I have two kids, and it's right when we prep them for bed or bathtime, so yeah, I miss out.

I think I caught the last 3 clues yesterday, but based on his playing style, they were the easy ones, so I felt really good that I answered all the Q's right.

I feel you. Same here. Typically have to end up watching it at 8 and staying off Twitter for spoilers.