Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Xavien Howard gets record deal for CB

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26711...ecord-deal

The Miami Dolphins are making young star Xavien Howard the NFL's highest paid cornerback with a five-year, $76.5 million deal that has $46 million guaranteed.

This becomes the bar now for Ramsey's negotiations.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jalen is happy

Miami is always screwing us over. This is going to be a cap nightmare.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

Nothing unexpected here.
Folks have been predicting Ramsey's next contract to be north of that figure for some time anyway.

(05-10-2019, 11:17 AM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Miami is always screwing us over. This is going to be a cap nightmare.

That is why I consider drafting a CB in the first round of next year's draft. Some people are gonna hate my strategy, but I agree with the way the Patriots run their team. If a guy prices himself out of what I consider his worth is, I trade him. There is no way I spend that much on a CB, especially since I believe Jalen will want considerably more. He's a great player, but that's just too much money and I believe he could get us a considerable amount back, via a trade. I either trade him after the season for a 1st, a 3rd and possibly a veteran player or I franchise him after the 2020 season and trade him. Bouye is signed through 2021, so we should still be in decent shape with him and a rookie in place.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2019, 04:05 PM by Inziladun.)

(05-10-2019, 12:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(05-10-2019, 11:17 AM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Miami is always screwing us over. This is going to be a cap nightmare.

That is why I consider drafting a CB in the first round of next year's draft. Some people are gonna hate my strategy, but I agree with the way the Patriots run their team. If a guy prices himself out of what I consider his worth is, I trade him. There is no way I spend that much on a CB, especially since I believe Jalen will want considerably more. He's a great player, but that's just too much money and I believe he could get us a considerable amount back, via a trade. I either trade him after the season for a 1st, a 3rd and possibly a veteran player or I franchise him after the 2020 season and trade him. Bouye is signed through 2021, so we should still be in decent shape with him and a rookie in place.

When was the last time the Patriots drafted a player as high profile as Jalen Ramsey? They work based on a system, not individual talent. We've quite literally built our defense based on an opposite principle.

(05-10-2019, 12:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(05-10-2019, 11:17 AM)Setsuna00 Wrote: ... cap nightmare.

I'd take a somewhat similar approach, but I'd give Jalen the big contract, draft a rookie early, and move on from Bouye instead. 
Jags can save 11.5 mil by releasing (or trading) Bouye after the 2019 season.

Id wait till the end of this season or at least later in the season to see what kind of year Ramsey has before I make my decision. No point of giving him a contract right now as he has 2 years left. I'd be looking to give Yannick his extension

I’m paying Jalen regardless.

He’s your star defensive player for the next 8 years