Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mueller Investigation Complete

(05-17-2019, 01:20 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 12:19 PM)TJBender Wrote: As someone who has a very personal connection to actual mental illness and someone who is exposed to political views that I disagree with, I can safely say that you, sir, are an [BLEEP] for even trying to draw a correlation between the two.
I second this post.

Don't worry. Someone will try to come in and make points about why they believe it's a mental illness but I'm with you. This side of the message board has garbage "hot takes" 98% of the time which are filled with hate.

I don't think it's a clinical disease, but there's a certain noisy segment of the population who are obsessed with politics. Now that the Perpetually Aggrieved Community decided to use the Law to enforce their preferences the Government has taken on an outsized presence in everyone's life and it's just not healthy
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2019, 03:59 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

Believing blatant lies just because the person shares the same ideologies as you is very much insane.

(05-17-2019, 02:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 02:01 PM)mikesez Wrote: And yet the dude rolls with a 77 rating while I got a 15. 
If you feel that way, use the features the board affords you to show him and others that he's taking things too far.
Stop worrying about your rating dude.

It means absolutely nothing. A rating is not going to fix how someone posts on this message board. If it did, TMD wouldn't be banned lol

On its own it won't fix anything, but it can only help the message hit home.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2019, 06:19 PM by mikesez.)

(05-17-2019, 03:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 01:20 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I second this post.

Don't worry. Someone will try to come in and make points about why they believe it's a mental illness but I'm with you. This side of the message board has garbage "hot takes" 98% of the time which are filled with hate.

I don't think it's a clinical disease, but there's a certain noisy segment of the population who are obsessed with politics. Now that the Perpetually Aggrieved Community decided to use the Law to enforce their preferences the Government has taken on an outsized presence in everyone's life and it's just not healthy

There is a certain type of person who seems to be perpetually obsessed with politics and perpetually aggrieved.
But some of this is just because people only use social media to complain. if they see something politically that they're neutral about, or agree with, they don't share that.
however these personality types are currently found on both sides of our political divide.
Even with how common they are, though, pirkster finds even more. He thinks anyone who disagrees has not just an obsession but a mental disorder.

(05-17-2019, 05:24 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 02:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Stop worrying about your rating dude.

It means absolutely nothing. A rating is not going to fix how someone posts on this message board. If it did, TMD wouldn't be banned lol

On its own it won't fix anything, but it can only help the message hit home.

Message hits home? Lol, you take this way too seriously. If anybody really gives a [BLEEP] about messages on this forum then that person has too much time on his hands.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-17-2019, 02:01 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 01:20 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I second this post.

And yet the dude rolls with a 77 rating while I got a 15. 
If you feel that way, use the features the board affords you to show him and others that he's taking things too far.

Feedback ratings are made up and the points don't matter. That's right, your feedback score is like the citizenship of a registered Democrat in west Texas.

This got weird.

(05-17-2019, 09:21 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: This got weird.

We need to appoint a Special Counsel to investigate the Russian influence in feedback ratings. I'm sure Putin himself has hacked the Message board.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(05-17-2019, 09:35 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 09:21 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: This got weird.

We need to appoint a Special Counsel to investigate the Russian influence in feedback ratings. I'm sure Putin himself has hacked the Message board.

It's the only explanation for my Superior rating. There's no possibility that people could upvote so many of my posts, it has to be foreign intervention creating a false narrative about the quality of my work. Clearly Mikesez is my better by an conceivable metric, so there is simply no other explanation for my factual and demonstrated favorability among the common, or rather, deplorable posters.

BTW MIkey, if you want to play the Negative rating game I can put you into negative numbers before you even get me to 500, so knock off the stupidity.

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2019, 08:00 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(05-18-2019, 12:27 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 09:35 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: We need to appoint a Special Counsel to investigate the Russian influence in feedback ratings. I'm sure Putin himself has hacked the Message board.

It's the only explanation for my Superior rating. There's no possibility that people could upvote so many of my posts, it has to be foreign intervention creating a false narrative about the quality of my work. Clearly Mikesez is my better by an conceivable metric, so there is simply no other explanation for my factual and demonstrated favorability among the common, or rather, deplorable posters.

BTW MIkey, if you want to play the Negative rating game I can put you into negative numbers before you even get me to 500, so knock off the stupidity.

An adults (big assumption) obsession with a message board rating is weird and disturbing.

If it makes you feel any better, he down voted my post saying "this got weird". 

(05-17-2019, 09:35 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: We need to appoint a Special Counsel to investigate the Russian influence in feedback ratings. I'm sure Putin himself has hacked the Message board.

You didn't build that rating. You stole your ratings off the backs of hard working poor and middle-class message board posters. We will raise the down-vote rate on those who have more than others so they can pay their fair share.

(05-18-2019, 08:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 12:27 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's the only explanation for my Superior rating. There's no possibility that people could upvote so many of my posts, it has to be foreign intervention creating a false narrative about the quality of my work. Clearly Mikesez is my better by an conceivable metric, so there is simply no other explanation for my factual and demonstrated favorability among the common, or rather, deplorable posters.

You didn't build that rating. You stole your ratings off the backs of hard working poor and middle-class message board posters. We will raise the down-vote rate on those who have more than others so they can pay their fair share.

They want my rating but dont want to do the snark and hate it takes to earn it.

(05-18-2019, 07:58 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 12:27 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's the only explanation for my Superior rating. There's no possibility that people could upvote so many of my posts, it has to be foreign intervention creating a false narrative about the quality of my work. Clearly Mikesez is my better by an conceivable metric, so there is simply no other explanation for my factual and demonstrated favorability among the common, or rather, deplorable posters.

An adults (big assumption) obsession with a message board rating is weird and disturbing.

If it makes you feel any better, he down voted my post saying "this got weird". 

It really doesnt matter to me, but I know it irks him then he turns around and plays games with it which will just lead to him whining about it. Masterful trolling on his part.

Funny how you say it doesn't matter until somebody gives you a negative rating...

I took cleatwoods advice and stopped caring.
And you already don't care, or so you say, so there is no problem here.

(05-18-2019, 10:22 AM)mikesez Wrote:

I took cleatwoods advice and stopped caring.

Ok, awesome. That means you'll shut up about it now?

(05-17-2019, 09:17 AM)pirkster Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 08:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I overlooked this gem before. This is a wonderful step in your recovery, the first moment of true self awareness in over 3 years!  Congratulations!!!

They truly, willfully, live in an alternate reality.  It's mental illness.  Look at the way they treat those who refuse to comply with the cult and think for themselves.

You don't have to like the President.  You don't have to vote for him.  But if you can't be honest about him, whether you like/vote for him or not, you have serious, serious deep seated mental issues.

This has to be the most amusing post of the year. Congratulations!

Here's a guy posting on a football site, in northeast Florida, in a very, very red city, controlled by Republicans and FBC, and deep in Trumpland, and you're acting as if it takes courage to be a Trumpette.

Hahahahaha - you're going with the herd, making sure you don't risk the wrath of friends and co-workers (assuming you have some) and you think you're a real risk taker? Just like this board, which is 10 to 1 Trumpette, you really like living on the edge, don't you?

And you talk about being delusional! I guess some people have to live their live scared. Having those around you perform thought control must be a strange way to live.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(05-18-2019, 12:19 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 09:17 AM)pirkster Wrote: They truly, willfully, live in an alternate reality.  It's mental illness.  Look at the way they treat those who refuse to comply with the cult and think for themselves.

You don't have to like the President.  You don't have to vote for him.  But if you can't be honest about him, whether you like/vote for him or not, you have serious, serious deep seated mental issues.

This has to be the most amusing post of the year. Congratulations!

Here's a guy posting on a football site, in northeast Florida, in a very, very red city, controlled by Republicans and FBC, and deep in Trumpland, and you're acting as if it takes courage to be a Trumpette.

Hahahahaha - you're going with the herd, making sure you don't risk the wrath of friends and co-workers (assuming you have some) and you think you're a real risk taker? Just like this board, which is 10 to 1 Trumpette, you really like living on the edge, don't you?

And you talk about being delusional! I guess some people have to live their live scared. Having those around you perform thought control must be a strange way to live.

You put a lot of thought into that. That was weird.

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2019, 12:53 PM by mikesez.)

(05-18-2019, 10:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 10:22 AM)mikesez Wrote: I took cleatwoods advice and stopped caring.

Ok, awesome. That means you'll shut up about it now?

Shut up about mine? Sure. I have no control over it so why should I care?
Just like I never changed anyone's mind on here.
just like I never got any acknowledgement for bringing new facts to any discussion.
No, I'm going to stop caring about all the things that I can't control.
From now on I only care about your reputation rating, and the ratings of anybody who says that I ever cared too much about mine, because these are things that I can control.
and it takes so much left less effort to just hit that negative button than it does to think of a way to explain what I think and how I feel.
I'm turning over a new leaf and frankly I feel relieved.

(05-18-2019, 12:52 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 10:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ok, awesome. That means you'll shut up about it now?

Shut up about mine? Sure. I have no control over it so why should I care?
just like I never got any acknowledgement for bringing new facts to any discussion.
From now on I only care about your reputation rating, and the ratings of anybody who says that I ever cared too much about mine, because these are things that I can control.
and it takes so much left less effort to just hit that negative button than it does to think of a way to explain what I think and how I feel.

Clearly you care. A few more slip-ups and you join Adam2012 in the red.

(05-18-2019, 01:01 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 12:52 PM)mikesez Wrote: Shut up about mine? Sure. I have no control over it so why should I care?

Clearly you care. A few more slip-ups and you join Adam2012 in the red.

I don't care about that.
But you do!