Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(06-03-2019, 10:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Lost a dear friend yesterday. One of the most talented musicians I've worked with in my career.
Being investigated as possible homicide. I just can't quite believe it yet.

Sorry to hear that, man. My condolences.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

There's fish and chips tomorrow in the office cafeteria tomorrow. It's embarrassing how much I'm looking forward to this.

(06-05-2019, 01:59 PM)ODragonFury Wrote: There's fish and chips tomorrow in the office cafeteria tomorrow. It's embarrassing how much I'm looking forward to this.

Tomorrow?

(06-05-2019, 02:09 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 01:59 PM)ODragonFury Wrote: There's fish and chips tomorrow in the office cafeteria tomorrow. It's embarrassing how much I'm looking forward to this.

Tomorrow?

Fish and chips tomorrow. Beer today.

(06-05-2019, 02:35 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 02:09 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Tomorrow?

Fish and chips tomorrow. Beer today.

I’ve never eaten genuine fish and chips, but I can’t help but think it would go wonderfully with a good Pilsner.

(06-05-2019, 03:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 02:35 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Fish and chips tomorrow. Beer today.

I’ve never eaten genuine fish and chips, but I can’t help but think it would go wonderfully with a good Pilsner.

Proper fish and chips is glorious, with or without a good beer, and that's coming from someone who genuinely does not like fish. Unfortunately there are lots of places that just can't seem to get it right. I'll find out tomorrow which it is at work.

You'd be correct.  

Not bad with an Old Speckled Hen cream ale either.

How?

(06-06-2019, 01:50 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 03:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’ve never eaten genuine fish and chips, but I can’t help but think it would go wonderfully with a good Pilsner.

How?

How what? 

A two-word sentence composed of interrogatives. How efficiently inefficient.

(06-06-2019, 11:53 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Do we really need to know this?

That was my first thought when I saw that.   Laughing

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-06-2019, 07:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 01:50 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: How?

How what? 

How have you never had fish and chips?

(06-06-2019, 02:53 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 07:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: How what? 

How have you never had fish and chips?

Where do you get fish and chips in the states? I’ve had fish sticks and tater tots, but I don’t think that’s the same thing.

I’ve have fish and chips at many places. I don’t know how ‘authentic’ it is. It’s always jus been a filet or two of deep fried cod and fries. Some steak fries, others wedges, whichever the restaurant does. It’s been been good as long as it’s not dried out. What is the ‘authentic’ way?

(06-06-2019, 03:33 PM)Jags Wrote: I’ve have fish and chips at many places.  I don’t know how ‘authentic’ it is.  It’s always jus been a filet or two of deep fried cod and fries.  Some steak fries, others wedges, whichever the restaurant does.  It’s been been good as long as it’s not dried out.  What is the ‘authentic’ way?

I can’t think of one restaurant that offered fish and chips, but then again, I wasn’t really looking for it. 
Where did you eat it?

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2019, 04:28 PM by Jags.)

(06-06-2019, 03:50 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 03:33 PM)Jags Wrote: I’ve have fish and chips at many places.  I don’t know how ‘authentic’ it is.  It’s always jus been a filet or two of deep fried cod and fries.  Some steak fries, others wedges, whichever the restaurant does.  It’s been been good as long as it’s not dried out.  What is the ‘authentic’ way?

I can’t think of one restaurant that offered fish and chips, but then again, I wasn’t really looking for it. 
Where did you eat it?

I believe the last place was “Aunt Kate’s”  over toward Ponte Vedre.  I just remember having a little phase where I had it at Few different paces.  But I always mix up that restaurant with another one not to far from it.  The other on is Billie Jeans ( or something of the sorts)  Id imagine any seafood place would have it.  But I always get the platters.  Try hitting up some of the restaurants near the inter-coastal.  Heck, Hurricanes may even hav it.

Correction, it was Barbara Jeans I had the fish and chips. But I can’t find it on their menu online.

So the chips were good but the fish was meh. Still a decent lunch though.

(06-06-2019, 05:07 PM)DragonFury Wrote: So the chips were good but the fish was meh. Still a decent lunch though.

Fish dry?   And what’s the difference over there to the fried cod and French fries here?

(06-06-2019, 05:10 PM)Jags Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 05:07 PM)DragonFury Wrote: So the chips were good but the fish was meh. Still a decent lunch though.

Fish dry?   And what’s the difference over there to the fried cod and French fries here?

Fish had been sitting under the heat lamp for about five minutes too long I think. And fries are fries, you need to work real hard to mess up fries.