Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(06-06-2019, 04:27 PM)Jags Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 03:50 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I can’t think of one restaurant that offered fish and chips, but then again, I wasn’t really looking for it. 
Where did you eat it?

I believe the last place was “Aunt Kate’s”  over toward Ponte Vedre.  I just remember having a little phase where I had it at Few different paces.  But I always mix up that restaurant with another one not to far from it.  The other on is Billie Jeans ( or something of the sorts)  Id imagine any seafood place would have it.  But I always get the platters.  Try hitting up some of the restaurants near the inter-coastal.  Heck, Hurricanes may even hav it.

Maybe it's time to expand my horizons.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-06-2019, 06:06 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 04:27 PM)Jags Wrote: I believe the last place was “Aunt Kate’s”  over toward Ponte Vedre.  I just remember having a little phase where I had it at Few different paces.  But I always mix up that restaurant with another one not to far from it.  The other on is Billie Jeans ( or something of the sorts)  Id imagine any seafood place would have it.  But I always get the platters.  Try hitting up some of the restaurants near the inter-coastal.  Heck, Hurricanes may even hav it.

Maybe it's time to expand my horizons.

Maybe.  I’ve definitely seen it in on menus.  It’s out there.  Maybe not at the franchises.  But it’s out there.  I’m sure there are others on here that can back me up and provide other places that have it.  The only issues I’ve encountered was whether or not the fish was dry.  Im sure that’s just a hit or miss thing.

Maybe it's a CA thing but it's a pretty standard menu item here.

Laid down at 9:45 and here it is 1:40am. Can't sleep for anything. I freaking HATE insomnia
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Based on the thread I'll assume none of you frequent any of the Irish or English pubs around here. And the fish better be Haddock, Cod just doesnt do it justice.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I just got this.  I think I almost have to call it Rosie.  She ain’t exactly pretty, she ain’t exactly small, but when it come to mowing, oh she does it all.[Image: 2000000004.png]

(06-07-2019, 06:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Based on the thread I'll assume none of you frequent any of the Irish or English pubs around here. And the fish better be Haddock, Cod just doesnt do it justice.

The real question here is:

Malt vinegar or no?

(06-08-2019, 01:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Things which cause men to inhale sharply through their teeth.

A Yep, I did.........
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(06-08-2019, 01:17 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(06-08-2019, 01:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Things which cause men to inhale sharply through their teeth.

A Yep, I did.........

I read the post, thought to myself "this is about a shot to the nuts isn't it?", clicked on it, still inhaled sharply through my teeth.

I don’t even have any and I did too!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(06-08-2019, 01:31 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(06-08-2019, 01:17 PM)The Drifter Wrote: A Yep, I did.........

I read the post, thought to myself "this is about a shot to the nuts isn't it?", clicked on it, still inhaled sharply through my teeth.

Same here.

I didn’t have the balls to watch the video though.

Figured that's what it was.  Forwarded that link to several people this morning.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Not long ago, during conversation with fellow motorcycle riders, I asked if this had ever happened. No one was sure. We can be now.

Can someone please explain the attraction of Untuckit shirts? It's like designing a neck tie that can only be worn as loosened. People are actually spending good money to look half-[BLEEP].

On my way to JOI for my followup. I hope they give me the OK to starting to put weight on my foot. I've had enough of this [BLEEP] already.

(06-10-2019, 07:13 AM)Rico Wrote: On my way to JOI for my followup.  I hope they give me the OK to starting to put weight on my foot.  I've had enough of this [BLEEP] already.

No [BLEEP] kicking contests for 6-8 months.

(06-08-2019, 09:16 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 06:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Based on the thread I'll assume none of you frequent any of the Irish or English pubs around here. And the fish better be Haddock, Cod just doesnt do it justice.

The real question here is:

Malt vinegar or no?

I'm a sometimes guy, depends on my mood. Usually a smidge of tartar and just salt on the chips.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-10-2019, 09:02 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 07:13 AM)Rico Wrote: On my way to JOI for my followup.  I hope they give me the OK to starting to put weight on my foot.  I've had enough of this [BLEEP] already.

No [BLEEP] kicking contests for 6-8 months.

Not only can I put weight on my foot, I don't have to wear that [BLEEP] boot anymore.  I've just got a small brace that I wear over my sock and inside of my shoe.  I can put as much weight on it as I want, but still need to use the crutches for possibly three or four weeks.  I can drive whenever I feel comfortable doing so.  He said I'd know when I don't need the crutches and when I can drive.  Physical therapy starts Wednesday.  Feels really weird with weight on my foot again.  Looks like I should be ready for the hike into the stadium on game days.

Banana   Banana   Banana

(06-10-2019, 10:17 AM)Rico Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 09:02 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: No [BLEEP] kicking contests for 6-8 months.

Not only can I put weight on my foot, I don't have to wear that [BLEEP] boot anymore.  I've just got a small brace that I wear over my sock and inside of my shoe.  I can put as much weight on it as I want, but still need to use the crutches for possibly three or four weeks.  I can drive whenever I feel comfortable doing so.  He said I'd know when I don't need the crutches and when I can drive.  Physical therapy starts Wednesday.  Feels really weird with weight on my foot again.  Looks like I should be ready for the hike into the stadium on game days.

Banana   Banana   Banana

Excellent news!