Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Which Jaguars WR will become elite thanks to Nick Foles?

(06-19-2019, 07:10 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(06-19-2019, 06:58 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: Okay, let's act like we have memory loss as if Blake Bortles they have not one but two thousand yard receivers in 2015 and one of them in Allen Robinson have 1500 which was fourth in the NFL. Yes Blake Bortles underachieved as our QB and he's no longer on this roster but let's stop acting like he was Tim Tebow as our quarterback. Despite what we may feel about him he did do some good things for us even if it wasn't enough to keep him as the long-term answer for this team.

Not so long ago you were saying everyone who said Blake wasn't good enough didn't know what they were talking about lol

(06-19-2019, 03:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I think Keelan Cole is a name we will say with increasing excitement this year.

Me too, he gets separation pretty easily, last year just seemed like a few hand errors which snowballed into a total loss of confidence (and thus a lack of confidence in him by the staff). 

He should bounce back and be our #2 wrs this year i think

It didn't help that he was trying to catch Bortle ducks. This will be a good year for him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-19-2019, 06:58 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(06-18-2019, 01:04 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: It's hard to be elite or even average when the ball is 4 yards behind you or skipped to you off the dirt.

Okay, let's act like we have memory loss as if Blake Bortles they have not one but two thousand yard receivers in 2015 and one of them in Allen Robinson have 1500 which was fourth in the NFL. Yes Blake Bortles underachieved as our QB and he's no longer on this roster but let's stop acting like he was Tim Tebow as our quarterback. Despite what we may feel about him he did do some good things for us even if it wasn't enough to keep him as the long-term answer for this team.

Okay. 
Let's not act like the Jaguars didn't just eat 12 million dollars just so they could cut Blake Bortles. 
Because he was terrible.

(06-19-2019, 02:50 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(06-19-2019, 06:59 AM)hb1148 Wrote: Lee got nearly 900 yards playing mostly as a 3rd receiver in 2016 with Blake "Find the First Option or Run" Bortles throwing him the ball. He certainly is capable of getting 1100 if he's on the field more and is playing with a competent QB. Will he? The big question is health and how his recovery is going.

I don't think we've had an elite receiver on this roster in recent years, include Hurns and Robinson. Both Dede and Lee have the potential to be very good receivers though. I also like Cole if he can figure out how to eliminate the mistakes. Jury's out on Chark.

He'd have to vastly improve his route running and hands to crack 1100 yards for us.

His best shot of it is if everyone is injured and he gets a Kelvin Benjamin type rookie year target load

He got 851 yards as 3rd option and running mostly slant routes. As a number one option it's reasonable to project that he could better that catch total by 25+ catches and 200 yards or so. His route running is fine, he's had some drops in the past but that's not unprecedented for good receivers. If he falls short of 1100 but is still productive, I won't complain. What might hold him back this year is coming back from the injury may take awhile.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

no

(06-18-2019, 03:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-18-2019, 02:21 PM)Upper Wrote: Whoever we draft in the first round next year. Jeudy hopefully.

Jerry Jeudy will most likely be a top 5 pick, I dont see us picking that high

I think he'll ultimately be in the 6-10 range (it's a deep QB and DE draft and they'll rise), and I wouldn't be surprised if we're in that range either.

(06-19-2019, 03:52 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Crap --- I hate when I find bad stuff

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...nick-foles

I was researching "Foles WRs" to see how he improved WRs.  This article written on June 5, 2015 is titled Kenny Britt, Jared Cook: Rams WRs 'love' Nick Foles.  It goes on to state the following:

* "We love him," wide receiver Kenny Britt said, via the Associated Press, after Rams OTAs opened on Thursday. "Great deep ball, he puts it on the money every time.
* "He can throw every pass in the book."
* Tight end Jared Cook was similarly effusive in his praise.
* "I'm so glad he's here. I love that he's here," Cook said Friday, via the team's official website. "I love what he brings to us, and I love the fact that he's just an up tempo, positive guy."
* Coach Jeff Fisher added that the coaching staff has "just really been pleased" with their new quarterback.

Lol .... Foles went on to throw 7 TDs, 10 Ints and had a passer rating of 69.0 that year.   I'm gonna blame Jeff Fisher !!!  Sad

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...leNi00.htm

Foles screwed up his line with one too many INT to be a true 'blame it on Fisher' anomaly.

(06-20-2019, 09:44 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(06-19-2019, 03:52 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Crap --- I hate when I find bad stuff

I was researching "Foles WRs" to see how he improved WRs.  This article written on June 5, 2015 is titled Kenny Britt, Jared Cook: Rams WRs 'love' Nick Foles.  It goes on to state the following:

* "We love him," wide receiver Kenny Britt said, via the Associated Press, after Rams OTAs opened on Thursday. "Great deep ball, he puts it on the money every time.
* "He can throw every pass in the book."
* Tight end Jared Cook was similarly effusive in his praise.
* "I'm so glad he's here. I love that he's here," Cook said Friday, via the team's official website. "I love what he brings to us, and I love the fact that he's just an up tempo, positive guy."
* Coach Jeff Fisher added that the coaching staff has "just really been pleased" with their new quarterback.

Lol .... Foles went on to throw 7 TDs, 10 Ints and had a passer rating of 69.0 that year.   I'm gonna blame Jeff Fisher !!!  Sad

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...leNi00.htm

Foles screwed up his line with one too many INT to be a true 'blame it on Fisher' anomaly.

No, No No....Foles made it impossible to keep Blake and will lead us to the playoffs.  Stop thinking about the past, it doesnt matter here.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(06-20-2019, 11:05 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 09:44 AM)Mikey Wrote: Foles screwed up his line with one too many INT to be a true 'blame it on Fisher' anomaly.

No, No No....Foles made it impossible to keep Blake and will lead us to the playoffs.  Stop thinking about the past, it doesnt matter here.

Blake, and Blake alone made it impossible to keep Blake.

(06-20-2019, 11:15 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 11:05 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: No, No No....Foles made it impossible to keep Blake and will lead us to the playoffs.  Stop thinking about the past, it doesnt matter here.

Blake, and Blake alone made it impossible to keep Blake.
Foles INT issue is why i've been worried since day 1.  If he proves me wrong, ill eat as much crow as anyone.  If not, i guess i'll just sit in the corner and wait for next year.
Season Tix, Section 409

(06-20-2019, 11:26 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 11:15 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Blake, and Blake alone made it impossible to keep Blake.
Foles INT issue is why i've been worried since day 1.  If he proves me wrong, ill eat as much crow as anyone.  If not, i guess i'll just sit in the corner and wait for next year.

Not a very good deflection, but whatever.

(This post was last modified: 06-20-2019, 12:17 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(06-20-2019, 11:29 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 11:26 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Foles INT issue is why i've been worried since day 1.  If he proves me wrong, ill eat as much crow as anyone.  If not, i guess i'll just sit in the corner and wait for next year.

Not a very good deflection, but whatever.

no deflection, just honesty.  Call it bb5 love, etc.. as i've heard, but i'll see if the FO is smarter than the average or just dumb.

EDIT: To be clear, i wanted a QB in the stronger class, 2020 draft, than to get a 30 year old merely average QB whilst taking a cap hit. So hopefully we still draft a QB next year or Foles has a Brees moment in Jax. We'll see who's smarter than a 5th grader.
Season Tix, Section 409

(06-20-2019, 12:13 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 11:29 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Not a very good deflection, but whatever.

no deflection, just honesty.  Call it bb5 love, etc.. as i've heard, but i'll see if the FO is smarter than the average or just dumb.

EDIT:  To be clear, i wanted a QB in the stronger class, 2020 draft, than to get a 30 year old merely average QB whilst taking a cap hit.  So hopefully we still draft a QB next year or Foles has a Brees moment in Jax.  We'll see who's smarter than a 5th grader.

It's not honesty. It's bull [BLEEP]. You said Foles made it impossible to keep Blake.  

No. False. 

Blake made it impossible to keep Blake. 

Rather than recognizing the truth in front of you, you deflected with some more bull [BLEEP] about why you don't like Foles. 

Not inserting Bortles into every thread would be a welcome change from you.

(06-20-2019, 11:05 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 09:44 AM)Mikey Wrote: Foles screwed up his line with one too many INT to be a true 'blame it on Fisher' anomaly.

7 TD 9 INT is a Fisher-esque stat line.

I didn't think it required spelling out, but there it is.

(06-20-2019, 07:17 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(06-19-2019, 02:50 PM)JackCity Wrote: He'd have to vastly improve his route running and hands to crack 1100 yards for us.

His best shot of it is if everyone is injured and he gets a Kelvin Benjamin type rookie year target load

He got 851 yards as 3rd option and running mostly slant routes. As a number one option it's reasonable to project that he could better that catch total by 25+ catches and 200 yards or so. His route running is fine, he's had some drops in the past but that's not unprecedented for good receivers. If he falls short of 1100 but is still productive, I won't complain. What might hold him back this year is coming back from the injury may take awhile.

He was the #2 for the games Hurns was injured.  

The only routes he runs well are slants and digs , (everyone can run crossers) , that's not the profile of a #1. And also as the #1 option you face tougher coverages, gameplans designed to limit you etc etc. 

He doesn't beat press well outside, he doesn't separate well and it's not like he has high level hands or anything. He's a fine WR, fine as your #3 at least when healthy, just not at that level 1100 would require (unless it's just a mass amount of targets due to injuries)

(06-20-2019, 04:05 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 07:17 AM)hb1148 Wrote: He got 851 yards as 3rd option and running mostly slant routes. As a number one option it's reasonable to project that he could better that catch total by 25+ catches and 200 yards or so. His route running is fine, he's had some drops in the past but that's not unprecedented for good receivers. If he falls short of 1100 but is still productive, I won't complain. What might hold him back this year is coming back from the injury may take awhile.

He was the #2 for the games Hurns was injured.  

The only routes he runs well are slants and digs , (everyone can run crossers) , that's not the profile of a #1. And also as the #1 option you face tougher coverages, gameplans designed to limit you etc etc. 

He doesn't beat press well outside, he doesn't separate well and it's not like he has high level hands or anything. He's a fine WR, fine as your #3 at least when healthy, just not at that level 1100 would require (unless it's just a mass amount of targets due to injuries)

You have an odd take on Lee's route running. I've seen absolutely no real evidence of this in his film. There were tendencies in the playcalling that may lead one to believe this, but he got sideline separation just fine under Fisch when he ran a greater variety of routes.
Much of those plays just got thrown out the window as a succession of coordinators methodically dumbed down the route tree to offset Bortles' mistakes. 

Regardless of what either of us feel are his better routes,  the reality for Lee this season is that he's unlikely to see a high snap count before October. 
Depending on how well other receivers are playing when he's finally close to 100%  -  he may not initially get many looks. 
So he'll probably have around 12 games to produce a handful of TDs and somewhere between 600-850 yards. I imagine he'll have a few big games when he draws a favorable matchup that Foles can exploit. 

Debating him as a #1 or +1000 yard guy feels a bit pointless right now.  We're not going to get the chance to really find out given his rehab schedule.  

I think he can make a very good #2 or 3 for another team in 2020.  He's gotta come back from a pretty nasty injury first though. Hopefully he can just earn a decent chunk of his contract money here in 2019 before he becomes a cap casualty in the offseason.

(06-18-2019, 04:43 PM)Eric1 Wrote: LOL! Foles isn't making any WR elite.

And Jeffery's best seasons were with the Bears and Jay Cutler at QB. Foles doesn't have jack [BLEEP] to do with him being good.

LOL!. If you think Jeffery's best season was on a 5-11 team just because he caught 85 passes on 200 attempts, you need to get off the short bus. Ask him whether his best season was 2014 or 2017 when he won a SB with Foles. There are countless articles that explore the chemistry between Foles and Jeffery. Check out the Rams game for example.

(This post was last modified: 06-20-2019, 06:00 PM by leopold332002.)

(06-19-2019, 08:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-19-2019, 06:58 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: Okay, let's act like we have memory loss as if Blake Bortles they have not one but two thousand yard receivers in 2015 and one of them in Allen Robinson have 1500 which was fourth in the NFL. Yes Blake Bortles underachieved as our QB and he's no longer on this roster but let's stop acting like he was Tim Tebow as our quarterback. Despite what we may feel about him he did do some good things for us even if it wasn't enough to keep him as the long-term answer for this team.

Okay. 
Let's not act like the Jaguars didn't just eat 12 million dollars just so they could cut Blake Bortles. 
Because he was terrible.
I agree with you his tenure here was terrible overall even though I still think he had done some good things even if the bad stood out a lot more. I was wrong about him and I'm man enough to admit it but I'm also curious to Wonder if he had a better coaching staff like Andy Reid, Kyle Shanahan, or Sean McVay to developing him from day one would we be in a different situation right now? He's gone now and I'm hoping that next year we draft our quarterback to succeed Nick Foles because I believe he's not going to be nothing special for this franchise.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(06-20-2019, 05:56 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(06-19-2019, 08:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Okay. 
Because he was terrible.
I agree with you his tenure here was terrible overall even though I still think he had done some good things even if the bad stood out a lot more. I was wrong about him and I'm man enough to admit it but I'm also curious to Wonder if he had a better coaching staff like Andy Reid, Kyle Shanahan, or Sean McVay to developing him from day one would we be in a different situation right now? He's gone now and I'm hoping that next year we draft our quarterback to succeed Nick Foles because I believe he's not going to be nothing special for this franchise.

Its funny how you thought so highly of Bortles as you just admited but dont think Foles, a guy who has a 27 TD 2 INt season, 2 NFL passing records, SB MVP, and Pro Bowl MVP will be nothing special for this franchise.

(This post was last modified: 06-20-2019, 06:25 PM by leopold332002.)

(06-20-2019, 06:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 05:56 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: I agree with you his tenure here was terrible overall even though I still think he had done some good things even if the bad stood out a lot more. I was wrong about him and I'm man enough to admit it but I'm also curious to Wonder if he had a better coaching staff like Andy Reid, Kyle Shanahan, or Sean McVay to developing him from day one would we be in a different situation right now? He's gone now and I'm hoping that next year we draft our quarterback to succeed Nick Foles because I believe he's not going to be nothing special for this franchise.

Its funny how you thought so highly of Bortles as you just admited but dont think Foles, a guy who has a 27 TD 2 INt season, 2 NFL passing records, SB MVP, and Pro Bowl MVP will be nothing special for this franchise.

Like I said before my man I was wrong on Blake and I'm man enough to admit it. If you think Nick Foles going to be special then we just going to agree to disagree because I see the situation definitely especially with the personnel that we have around him.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(06-18-2019, 01:03 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: none,jags don't have a elite WR. Foles isn't that great of a qb. to make a WR great.  payton manning did that with Thomas cause hes a great qb, brady has done the same thing with WR on the pats. again foles is highly overrated as a nfl QB. just cause he won 1 super bowl.

still the same time though his personsity  his family values are exceelent and as a team leader he great at that. whole time he had to take off in camp he kept in touch with team. I RESPECT him for that.

Foles just might be able to make a WR great. Watch his highlights Snowy. He's incredibly accurate. 
'02