Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
18-19 NBA Season Thread

(06-15-2019, 08:17 PM)AmeliaFL Wrote: Hi, Jaguars fans.  Wojo of ESPN confirms both the L.A.  Lakers and N.O. Pelicans agree the mega deal with Anthony Davis coming to L.A. to team with LeBron.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1140023139142971392

Bad move for the Pelicans. They better hit with those draft picks, because the players they got, suck.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2019, 11:05 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

(06-15-2019, 09:39 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(06-15-2019, 08:17 PM)AmeliaFL Wrote: Hi, Jaguars fans.  Wojo of ESPN confirms both the L.A.  Lakers and N.O. Pelicans agree the mega deal with Anthony Davis coming to L.A. to team with LeBron.

Bad move for the Pelicans. They better hit with those draft picks, because the players they got, suck.
On paper, it looks good, talentwise to go with Zion Williamson. But in reality, yeah, they couldn't even keep the ship afloat till Lebron came back from injury.  Lonzo is injury prone, can't shoot, makes too many turnovers and Brandon Ingram had a blood clot issue and is injury prone.  Those 1st round picks are gonna suck if the Lakers are good. Most late 1st rounders are bench warmers, projects, or dont make the team. I'm waiting to see how the Lakers roster is going to fill out. All the analysts are now picking them to be dominate, but right now it's just Lebron, AD, and Kyle Kuzma. Do they sign another star player. Bring back Rondo, Lance Stephenson, KCP. Fill in with G leaguers. Sign some old veterans who will sign for cheap in pursuit of a championship. Klay Thompson would be a perfect fit with Lebron and AD but he's basically out all of next season so they won't pursue him. Kawhi Leonard's game doesn't mesh with Lebron and AD unless Kawhi is content on being a 3rd option and not a 1st.

Cutting ties with the Ball FAMILY alone is worth the trade for the Lakers. His talent isn't worth the baggage that his dad brings.

(06-15-2019, 09:39 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Yeah, not a good trade for them.  And Lebron gets in on yet another attempt at a super team.  GOAT, he is not.  Jordan did it with a single team and only playing with 2 other All-Stars.  LeBron's played with like 10 now.

As a Lakers fan I am cautiously optimistic. The only person I was a little upset about losing was Brandon Ingram. That kid showed a lot of heart this year and I think once he puts some weight on and grows up a little he is going to be a force. NO has Randle, hart , ZO, and Ingram. They are the 2017 lakers team lol. But they are young and have quite a few draft picks.

The lakers on the other hand are dealing with possible cap trouble but the new rumors are that we could pull Kawhi as well if we structure everything correctly. The lakers could go from the laughingstock to a major favorite in the west. I for one did not see this coming.

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2019, 09:03 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(06-18-2019, 05:18 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: As a Lakers fan I am cautiously optimistic. The only person I was a little upset about losing was Brandon Ingram. That kid showed a lot of heart this year and I think once he puts some weight on and grows up a little he is going to be a force. NO has Randle, hart , ZO, and Ingram. They are the 2017 lakers team lol. But they are young and have quite a few draft picks.

The lakers on the other hand are dealing with possible cap trouble but the new rumors are that we could pull Kawhi as well  if we structure everything correctly. The lakers could go from the laughingstock to a major favorite in the west. I for one did not see this coming.

Kawhi wont go to a team to be the 3rd wheel.  He's not buit like that.  Whatever team he goes to at this point in his career I think he will be the guy.  I think he goes to the other LA team before he goes to the Lakers. I also dont think he will really care about joining a super team, he is just a different breed than Lebron

(06-18-2019, 09:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-18-2019, 05:18 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: As a Lakers fan I am cautiously optimistic. The only person I was a little upset about losing was Brandon Ingram. That kid showed a lot of heart this year and I think once he puts some weight on and grows up a little he is going to be a force. NO has Randle, hart , ZO, and Ingram. They are the 2017 lakers team lol. But they are young and have quite a few draft picks.

The lakers on the other hand are dealing with possible cap trouble but the new rumors are that we could pull Kawhi as well  if we structure everything correctly. The lakers could go from the laughingstock to a major favorite in the west. I for one did not see this coming.

Kawhi wont go to a team to be the 3rd wheel.  He's not buit like that.  Whatever team he goes to at this point in his career I think he will be the guy.  I think he goes to the other LA team before he goes to the Lakers.  I also dont think he will really care about joining a super team, he is just a different breed than Lebron
We shall see. I thought the same and still believe what you are saying to be true. I highly doubt he will go to clip sonif he is la bound I think the lake show is where that will be. All I am saying is there are a lot of rumbling going on about the subject. I wouldn't be shocked if it happens.

Losing Ball and Ingram hurt me. Even Hart. Still pretty conflicted about rooting for Bron too. 

But they will compete for a title immediately so there's that.

(06-19-2019, 03:15 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:

Losing Ball and Ingram hurt me. Even Hart. Still pretty conflicted about rooting for Bron too. 

Ingram got me. That kid was fun to watch and i thought he was only scratching the surface of what he can become before his injury.

I liked Zo but I can not stand Lavar. Every time that man open his mouth i cringe. Sucks to see Zo go but not having that piece of [BLEEP] da of his tied to my team is a huge plus in my books.

Im happy we found a way to hang on to Kuz, i think that kid has a huge upside as a 2nd round pick. I think that alone allowed us to keep him since his salary is so low.

(06-19-2019, 04:50 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(06-19-2019, 03:15 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Losing Ball and Ingram hurt me. Even Hart. Still pretty conflicted about rooting for Bron too. 

Ingram got me. That kid was fun to watch and i thought he was only scratching the surface of what he can become before his injury.

I liked Zo but I can not stand Lavar. Every time that man open his mouth i cringe. Sucks to see Zo go but not having that piece of [BLEEP] da of his tied to my team is a huge plus in my books.

Im happy we found a way to hang on to Kuz, i think that kid has a huge upside as a 2nd round pick. I think that alone allowed us to keep him since his salary is so low.

Ingram will be a nice player if he can raise his 3P% a few points. He was coming on strong before his injury. 

FYI Kuz was a 1st rounder. He provided the best spacing between Ingram, Ball, and himself. Plus he can create his own offense.

Kinda funny how the NBA shifted in the space of a week so Bron is on top again

(06-19-2019, 04:50 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(06-19-2019, 03:15 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Losing Ball and Ingram hurt me. Even Hart. Still pretty conflicted about rooting for Bron too. 

What it do bayybayyyyyy.

Kawhi going to the Lakers. Book it Dano.

(07-02-2019, 05:13 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Kawhi going to the Lakers.  Book it Dano.

I think so too, but Kawhi is hard to predict. Who really knows. I wouldnt be shocked if he went back to Toronto

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2019, 06:10 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

Well that was a fun end to Free Agency. I never saw that trade and sign with Clippers coming. NBA will be interesting next year.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2019, 06:53 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(07-07-2019, 06:10 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Well that was a fun end to Free Agency. I never saw that trade and sign with Clippers coming. NBA will be interesting next year.

Pretty amazing.  I'm more excited about this season, given the parity, than any other season in the past.  I was thinking of getting the NBA Package but the NBA network does a great job with the NBA whip around, our FL station carries the Magic, and the other stations (TNT, TBS, ESPN) also provide adequate coverage so I'll most likely save my $250 for something else.

Conversely speaking, I would have tuned into Netflix for the next 4 years had Kawhi signed with the Lakers

(07-02-2019, 05:13 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Kawhi going to the Lakers.  Book it Dano.

Thanks for the hot tip. 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d2278ee506c386745...=giphy.gif]

(07-07-2019, 06:58 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Thanks for the hot tip. 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d2278ee506c386745...=giphy.gif]

lol.   The real NBA finals is going to be the Western Conference Championship.   Clippers vs Lakers

Hi, Jaguars fans. OKC Thunder just traded Russell Westbrook and first round picks to the Houston Rockets for Chris Paul.

I would have liked this trade if they could have also snagged Adams. Don't really like the trade as is. The good news is they have often staggered CP3 and Harden, so if they keep the same strategy, there should almost be enough ball hog to go around.