Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(07-09-2019, 05:31 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(07-09-2019, 03:48 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Enough to visibly move the TV and blinds but not enough to wake a snoozy teenager. 

Made me nauseous though.

Maybe you need a better TV stand, or better yet: mount that baby on the wall.

Do walls not adhere to the laws of physics?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-09-2019, 06:38 PM)Jags Wrote:
(07-09-2019, 05:31 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Maybe you need a better TV stand, or better yet: mount that baby on the wall.

Do walls not adhere to the laws of physics?

They do, but then the TV becomes part of the wall and it's the wall that moves while the TV remains stationary within the system.

(07-10-2019, 03:54 AM)DragonFury Wrote:
(07-09-2019, 06:38 PM)Jags Wrote: Do walls not adhere to the laws of physics?

They do, but then the TV becomes part of the wall and it's the wall that moves while the TV remains stationary within the system.

Whatever.

Well, I was released to return to work full time. Being home was nice and all...but three months was enough. I should only need another month of physical therapy. Maybe I can finally finish remodelling this bathroom. That's what I was doing when I slipped and fell on the wet floor in the garage, carrying a 2x4.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-10-2019, 02:25 PM)Rico Wrote: Well, I was released to return to work full time.  Being home was nice and all...but three months was enough.  I should only need another month of physical therapy.  Maybe I can finally finish remodelling this bathroom.  That's what I was doing when I slipped and fell on the wet floor in the garage, carrying a 2x4.

Good to hear.  Get that bathroom done so you can come and do mine.  Don't worry, my garage floor is dry.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(07-10-2019, 02:25 PM)Rico Wrote: Well, I was released to return to work full time.  Being home was nice and all...but three months was enough.  I should only need another month of physical therapy.  Maybe I can finally finish remodelling this bathroom.  That's what I was doing when I slipped and fell on the wet floor in the garage, carrying a 2x4.

Great news!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-09-2019, 05:31 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(07-09-2019, 03:48 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Enough to visibly move the TV and blinds but not enough to wake a snoozy teenager. 

Made me nauseous though.

Maybe you need a better TV stand, or better yet: mount that baby on the wall.

Lath and plaster walls and the oddly shaped room weren't great for wall mount options.

Well, back to work tomorrow for the first time since 4/18. Definitely mixed feelings about it.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

The James Bond franchise has been spiraling downward for a while. This should be the coup de grace.

007 SHould always be a dude. I don't think anyone is going to go for this
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

So the article says she's not Bond but a different agent that takes over the role of 007, still a little eye roll but better than them just plugging in and saying James Bond is now Jane Bond or something like that.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Chesapeake Bay potato chips are my favorite ATM. That is until they come out with true Old Bay flavor ones. Mmm

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019, 08:12 PM by The Drifter.)

We have Old Bay chips up here in Maryland so......
Here they are on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Herrs-Old-Potato-...rch&sr=8-1
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm Cold Pizza, Breakfast of Champions

(07-15-2019, 10:58 PM)EricC85 Wrote: So the article says she's not Bond but a different agent that takes over the role of 007, still a little eye roll but better than them just plugging in and saying James Bond is now Jane Bond or something like that.

I always thought that James Bond was different people using the same cover name over time. That makes Jane Bond just a modification of tradition, though a different number and name could've worked if they weren't pushing the Girl Power narrative.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I’m a grandpa again. (sigh) 39 never felt so old.

(07-18-2019, 02:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m a grandpa again. (sigh) 39 never felt so old.

Congrats.

(07-18-2019, 02:29 PM)Jags Wrote:
(07-18-2019, 02:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m a grandpa again. (sigh) 39 never felt so old.

Congrats.

Thanks!

We're the same age???

(07-18-2019, 03:11 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:

We're the same age???

Eh...I think you might be sandbagging a little, but I won't tell.