Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump Says Ilhan Omar Should Go Back to Africa

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019, 05:02 PM by JackCity.)

People who support racists are mad at the word racist being used, more at 11

(07-16-2019, 04:43 PM)Kane Wrote:
(07-15-2019, 08:23 PM)Bullseye Wrote: There were laws in this country governing things as mundane as:
  • Where people of color could live
  • whom people of color could marry
  • into what entrances people of color could enter
  • from what water fountains people of color could drink
  • Where people of color could be after sundown
  • what hospitals could treat people of color
  • what schools/colleges/universities people of color could attend
  • where people of color could sit in theaters, diners and other establishments-if allowed in
  • under what circumstances people of color could serve on juries
    and countless other areas.  This doesn't even get into laws that are facially race neutral but with discriminatory effect, nor does this get into the private practices and societal norms otherwise not codified in the law.  So committed was the South to those repugnant principles and practices, they were willing to secede from this country.
These laws persisted throughout this country's history until the 1960s and 70s.  These laws could not persist without the assent of the majority-actual or tacit.  When these laws were changed, the people who supported those unjust laws and practices didn't just disappear.  Many passed their bigotry down to their kids, and worked to weaken the new laws designed to promote equality.  If laws against speeding-which have well known and tangible penalties for violating them-are routinely ignored by those not inclined to obey them, what of those laws that endeavor to enforce equality?  

If you are tired of hearing about racism, trust me when I tell you people of color are tired of experiencing it.  If you personally do not support the tenets of bigotry, then speak out against those who perpetuate it.  If,as I suspect you do, then prepare for the fallout of your hatred, which includes substantial rejection in the marketplace of ideas.

I'm tired of crybabies calling racism every time a white person says something they don't like to a "person of color"
So long as people keep identifying themselves by their skin color, there will always be race issues.

All of the stuff you talk about that used to be laws, aren't anymore.... It is certainly time to move on from things that happened 50 plus years ago.
Not to mention moving on from the bad things generations hundreds of years ago did.

Should Trump say these things? Probably not. But let's stop pretending these terrible women are victims of anything.
Let's stop pretending that people born non white are automatically maligned and segregated and mistreated.
You can only be a victim of your circumstance for so long.

I don't condone racism, bigotry, or the general non acceptance of people who live different lifestyles and have different beliefs (gays, amish, muslims, whatever)
But I also don't really care what anyone says. And to think that hatred is worse for some than it is for others is laughable. To think "people of color" aren't racists to white people on the daily is naive at best and stupid at the more realistic.

But whatever, you guys can all keep squirming, whining and complaining over every little tweet and NBC news story for the next 5 years or so.
These 4 "champions" that decided to hold a press conference to drive home their BS racism claims are just as guilty as anyone for being divisive.

Identify politics ladies and gents. It'll make losers of us all.

What Trump said was inaccurate (going back to where they came from) and maybe even mildly ignorant (who exactly is surprised by anything he says anymore?!)
But my point is... that today Muslims, Blacks, women, etc are all treated better than ever before in history. And there are still some strides to be made but that is hindered every time they use their race,  sex, or orientation or religion to further drive a wedge between people.

And it is tenfold on a message board where the only purpose is for people to argue, complain, point fingers, and call names (and scream RACIST!)
So please, carry on, all of you that think you're better than someone else because it hurts your feelings when people say mean things.

I know what I am, and what I'm not. Despite the many cries of mikesez, Adam2012, and the rest of the bib brigade.

Triggered ^

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-16-2019, 05:01 PM)JackCity Wrote: People who support racists are mad at the word racist being used, more at 11

(07-16-2019, 04:43 PM)Kane Wrote: I'm tired of crybabies calling racism every time a white person says something they don't like to a "person of color"
So long as people keep identifying themselves by their skin color, there will always be race issues.

All of the stuff you talk about that used to be laws, aren't anymore.... It is certainly time to move on from things that happened 50 plus years ago.
Not to mention moving on from the bad things generations hundreds of years ago did.

Should Trump say these things? Probably not. But let's stop pretending these terrible women are victims of anything.
Let's stop pretending that people born non white are automatically maligned and segregated and mistreated.

I don't condone racism, bigotry, or the general non acceptance of people who live different lifestyles and have different beliefs (gays, amish, muslims, whatever)
But I also don't really care what anyone says. And to think that hatred is worse for some than it is for others is laughable. To think "people of color" aren't racists to white people on the daily is naive at best and stupid at the more realistic.

But whatever, you guys can all keep squirming, whining and complaining over every little tweet and NBC news story for the next 5 years or so.
These 4 "champions" that decided to hold a press conference to drive home their BS racism claims are just as guilty as anyone for being divisive.

What Trump said was inaccurate (going back to where they came from) and maybe even mildly ignorant (who exactly is surprised by anything he says anymore?!)
But my point is... that today Muslims, Blacks, women, etc are all treated better than ever before in history. And there are still some strides to be made but that is hindered every time they use their race,  sex, or orientation or religion to further drive a wedge between people.

And it is tenfold on a message board where the only purpose is for people to argue, complain, point fingers, and call names (and scream RACIST!)
So please, carry on, all of you that think you're better than someone else because it hurts your feelings when people say mean things.

I know what I am, and what I'm not. Despite the many cries of mikesez, Adam2012, and the rest of the bib brigade.

Triggered ^

Do you have to clear your cookies when you switch between your JackCity and Adam2012 accounts?

(07-16-2019, 05:03 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 05:01 PM)JackCity Wrote: People who support racists are mad at the word racist being used, more at 11

Triggered ^

Do you have to clear your cookies when you switch between your JackCity and Adam2012 accounts?

That would make my mocking of him fairly odd but I guess it could also be a genius plan to throw people off

(07-16-2019, 03:39 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 03:17 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:  You try so hard to make Donald the victim. It ain't working.

Trying to link whomever the nominee will be to these 4 elected officials by making yourself look like a racist! Brilliant! That will pull in a lot of undecideds. It's not like a guy who got fewer votes than Hillary Clinton couldn't use a few more this time around. What a genius of a politician.

Someone needs a lesson in how the electoral college works. You better hope your boy Andrew Gillum can flip Florida blue, otherwise, unless the rust belt enjoys their industry going to shambles, DJT will be your president another 4 years, followed by Dan Crenshaw.

(07-16-2019, 03:30 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Give it a week, and they'll be back to tearing each other down. Trump can guarantee a 2020 victory by just pushing forward and not playing the Democrat game. For most, it is quite obvious the Dems have no legislative platform and are just trying to buy votes every way possible. Free this, free that. Open borders. No census citizenship question. Free immigrant healthcare, regardless of status. Sanctuary cities with per diem. Andrew Gillum buying votes. Shoot, you'd think the black vote would be running towards the GOP since the Dems have cast them aside for so long. But then again, the more things change, the more they stay the same. Going strong since 1876.

Agree. A little poke and prod here and there to just remind Nancy that she is not the real speaker of the house will probably be fine.

Boy, I was way off. Didn't even take a day!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-f...ump-tweets
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(07-16-2019, 04:43 PM)Kane Wrote:
(07-15-2019, 08:23 PM)Bullseye Wrote: There were laws in this country governing things as mundane as:
  • Where people of color could live
  • whom people of color could marry
  • into what entrances people of color could enter
  • from what water fountains people of color could drink
  • Where people of color could be after sundown
  • what hospitals could treat people of color
  • what schools/colleges/universities people of color could attend
  • where people of color could sit in theaters, diners and other establishments-if allowed in
  • under what circumstances people of color could serve on juries
    and countless other areas.  This doesn't even get into laws that are facially race neutral but with discriminatory effect, nor does this get into the private practices and societal norms otherwise not codified in the law.  So committed was the South to those repugnant principles and practices, they were willing to secede from this country.
These laws persisted throughout this country's history until the 1960s and 70s.  These laws could not persist without the assent of the majority-actual or tacit.  When these laws were changed, the people who supported those unjust laws and practices didn't just disappear.  Many passed their bigotry down to their kids, and worked to weaken the new laws designed to promote equality.  If laws against speeding-which have well known and tangible penalties for violating them-are routinely ignored by those not inclined to obey them, what of those laws that endeavor to enforce equality?  

If you are tired of hearing about racism, trust me when I tell you people of color are tired of experiencing it.  If you personally do not support the tenets of bigotry, then speak out against those who perpetuate it.  If,as I suspect you do, then prepare for the fallout of your hatred, which includes substantial rejection in the marketplace of ideas.

I'm tired of crybabies calling racism every time a white person says something they don't like to a "person of color"

This kind of comment is the worst kind of privilege.  They just need to get over it, right?  From you, who has never had to experience the same?  People in this country have been identified, classified, profiled, and treated differently due to race for 90% of this country's history, and your solution is "well, that's over now, so move on!"  It makes it sorta hard when there are still groups and people like the [BLEEP] PRESIDENT who continue to perpetuate [BLEEP] like this.  There were people holding signs of Obama in a noose and burning effigies of him when he was elected, but we should just ignore that, right?  Racism's dead though, yeah?  As late as the 80s, black people in this country couldn't secure loans to buy homes, resulting in systemic and racially motivated poverty that still has an effect today.  But hey, that shouldn't matter any more!

I don't think you could showcase any more clearly how out of touch you are.

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019, 10:25 PM by Bullseye.)

(07-16-2019, 02:11 PM)USCG_JAG Wrote:
(07-15-2019, 07:51 PM)Bullseye Wrote: It just so happens the target of his rants happen to be women of color?

Spare me the nonsense about us being "human beings."  This country's history has treated "human beings" quite differently based upon skin color.  Omar is American.  Full fledged...wholly legalized American Citizen with all of the rights that flow from being a citizen-as are the other three Congresswomen to which he refers.  

Where the hell does Trumo get off telling anyone-especially legal U.S. citizens-to leave the country, anyhow?  The fact he is urging these four United States citizens to leave the country almost as urgently as those in cages along the border shows that legal status is but flimsy pretext for those policies and proclamations.

He mentioned that all they do is complain.  First off, when does criticizing the president constitute hatred of the country?!?  Under that tacit rationale, Trump should have exited stage right when he began his wholly baseless attacks on former President Obama, and should have taken the bigoted and intransigent fascists on the right with him.

He cites allegedly anti semitic and pro al Qaeda sentiments uttered by Omar as a basis for them to leave. Again, by that rationale, Trump should be long gone from here.

What enemies of this country has Trump NOT aligned himself with?  He supports the flying of the Confederate flag and the preservation of confederate monuments, which glorify a group of individuals who were willing to renounce citizenship in this country; a group founded-by its own admissions-upon principles opposite to the U.S. Constitution those of you on the right so reflexively yammer about revering; a group that took up arms against American troops, ultimately costing over 600,000 American lives.

He supported the "very fine people" of Charlottesville, who flew Confederate flags and Nazi flags.  For those of you who conveniently choose to forget, this country was at war with the Nazis between 1941-1945.  By the way, the Nazis were coalesced around anti semitism, as evidenced by "some very fine people" of Charlottesville who chanted "Jews will not replace us."

He bends over backwards to fellate Putin, former head of the KGB, the CIA equivalent of this country's biggest 20th century adversary, the former Soviet Union. His relations with Russians is unlike any U.S. president that came before him.  Furthermore, he engaged-without preconditions-one of the last remaining communist countries in the world-North Korea, who joined the Soviet union in opposing the United States, to the point where they went to war against us.

The fact is, this country was founded on dissent.  Some of the greatest moments in this country involved reasoned, passionate debate over genuine philosophical/political differences on how best to govern this country.  The First Amendment of the Constitution guarantees the right to free speech thusly, in relevant part:  "Congress shall make no law...or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press;  or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for the redress of grievances." There is nothing in Article II that negates this, or for that matter, the rights of members of Congress to criticize sitting presidents.   There are any number of Supreme court cases that have the most eloquent advocacy of policy-in majority and dissenting opinion-you will ever see.  As distasteful, misguided, myopic, and yes, bigoted as I find many takes on the right, without question I affirm your rights to voice those views without having to excuse yourself from the country.  How dare this egotistical and bigoted [BLEEP] stain invite anyone who dares to disagree with him to leave the country?!?  If his policies are the right ones, he should have no problem defending the logic of them to his critics.  Instead, he divides this country again along racial and ethnic lines with his blatant hypocrisy and betrays the traditions that made this country great.  As many times as the right accused former President Obama of being a dictator, not once did he try to get his critics to leave the country because they dared disagree with him.  Not once did he call Fox news and other right leaning media "the enemy of the people."

May Trump rot in hell.
1.  Bullseye, are you one of those people who believe the Battle Standard of the Norther Virginia Army is indeed the confederate flag because that’s what they are told by CNN and every other race pandering leftist out there.

Point is, just because something is said to be racist by your peers doesn’t mean it is. 

2.  Trump is not telling these people to leave because they disagree with him or the fact that they are different skin color but because they do not value this country and [BLEEP] on it every chance they get.

Look at Omar’s words on 9/11, if her verbiage doesn’t bother you but Trump’s does.... the issue lies with you.

The far left Has divided this country with their race baiting, it’s cool to be anti-America bull crap.

People like me are getting tired of race being involved with everything and being called “racist” or every other adjective because our view point is different.
(numbering added)

1.  No, I do not believe the flag to which you refer is indeed the confederate flag and indeed racist because that's what CNN told me.  I know the flag is one of many the confederacy used to represent them at one point or another, and they can be seen here.  http://www.usflag.org/confederate.stars.and.bars.html  The Confederacy, in the various declarations of secession of Confederate states and Vice President Alexander Stephens' "Cornerstone of the Confederacy expressly adopted racist ideals as the basis for secession.  In relevant part Stephens states...

Quote:But not to be tedious in enumerating the numerous changes for the better, allow me to allude to one other though last, not least. The new constitution has put at rest, forever, all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution, African slavery as it exists amongst us – the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution. Jefferson in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the “rock upon which the old Union would split.” He was right. What was conjecture with him, is now a realized fact. But whether he fully comprehended the great truth upon which that rock stood and stands, may be doubted. The prevailing ideas entertained by him and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old constitution, were that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature; that it was wrong in principle, socially, morally, and politically. It was an evil they knew not well how to deal with, but the general opinion of the men of that day was that, somehow or other in the order of Providence, the institution would be evanescent and pass away. This idea, though not incorporated in the constitution, was the prevailing idea at that time. The constitution, it is true, secured every essential guarantee to the institution while it should last, and hence no argument can be justly urged against the constitutional guarantees thus secured, because of the common sentiment of the day. Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the government built upon it fell when the “storm came and the wind blew.”1

Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner-stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth.
  (Emphasis added)

The complete text of his speech may be found here.  https://teachingamericanhistory.org/libr...ne-speech/

Stephens uttered those words more than a century before CNN came into existence.  Viewing CNN is not a prerequisite to discovering this text, nor is it a requirement to discern the horrific import of these words.  Only a reasonable amount of literacy and a willingness to learn the truth is needed.

Since the Confederacy was founded-by its own admissions and writings-upon principles of white supremacy and anti black racism, any flags they willingly chose to represent them (including the flag you reference) inevitably represent the noxious and repugnant ideals upon which the Confederacy was founded.  Any figures who fought to advance those hateful and oppressive ideals are also linked to that racism, no matter how many times triggered conservatives stamp their feet about the constraints of political correctness.  No matter how much revisionist history Confederate apologists employ, no matter how many Jedi mind tricks the right use to convince the masses of its benevolence, a clear, sober, and honest examination of history precludes a divorce of the various flags of the Confederacy from the racist principles that inspired its founding.    I defy ANY of you on here-in fact, invite a guest poster if you must-to provide a cogent, logical and factual argument explaining why flags the confederacy willingly chose to represent them should be separated from those ideals.  P.S.  Here is more evidence the various confederate flags are linked to the racist underpinnings of the Confederacy.  https://www.politifact.com/facebook-fact...rate-flag/

2.  I will assume we are in agreement that, flaws and all, this is a great country. With that common baseline established for the moment, would you agree that a great country like ours is entitled to enforce its own laws?  I would assume so given that is a basis for the crackdown along the Southern border.  What, then, is your take on the whole Bundy militia saga?  To refresh, Cliven Bundy was a rancher whom the government alleged was grazing his cattle on federal lands, subjecting him to grazing fees, which he did not pay for years.  When the Federal government finally tried to collect, the Bundy militia, with weapons drawn on federal law enforcement, resisted.  Were these patriots?  Were these heroes?  Or should they have been invited to leave the country?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(07-16-2019, 07:15 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 04:43 PM)Kane Wrote: I'm tired of crybabies calling racism every time a white person says something they don't like to a "person of color"

This kind of comment is the worst kind of privilege.  They just need to get over it, right?  From you, who has never had to experience the same?  People in this country have been identified, classified, profiled, and treated differently due to race for 90% of this country's history, and your solution is "well, that's over now, so move on!"  It makes it sorta hard when there are still groups and people like the [BLEEP] PRESIDENT who continue to perpetuate [BLEEP] like this.  There were people holding signs of Obama in a noose and burning effigies of him when he was elected, but we should just ignore that, right?  Racism's dead though, yeah?  As late as the 80s, black people in this country couldn't secure loans to buy homes, resulting in systemic and racially motivated poverty that still has an effect today.  But hey, that shouldn't matter any more!

Nobody has claimed race difference is dead, but to keep pushing a narrative that there is a war on skin color and we've stepped back into perverse history is just plain ignorant. It is time to move on. Not one race on this planet hasn't been stereotyped, profiled, etc. Move forward and quit feeding what isn't there. It is interesting how somehow what Trump tweets is racist, but when anyone on the left says and types worse, it gets swept away briskly and/or embraced. But hey, that's "progressive"! These congress folks are ignorant, race-baiting fools trying to stay alive on hype. They appreciate you feeding into it; I'm sure! Hell, wasn't it just last week Pelosi was a racist?

Bullseye 2020

(07-16-2019, 08:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 02:11 PM)USCG_JAG Wrote: 1.  Bullseye, are you one of those people who believe the Battle Standard of the Norther Virginia Army is indeed the confederate flag because that’s what they are told by CNN and every other race pandering leftist out there.

Point is, just because something is said to be racist by your peers doesn’t mean it is. 

2.  Trump is not telling these people to leave because they disagree with him or the fact that they are different skin color but because they do not value this country and [BLEEP] on it every chance they get.

Look at Omar’s words on 9/11, if her verbiage doesn’t bother you but Trump’s does.... the issue lies with you.

The far left Has divided this country with their race baiting, it’s cool to be anti-America bull crap.

People like me are getting tired of race being involved with everything and being called “racist” or every other adjective because our view point is different.
(numbering added)

1.  No, I do not believe the flag to which you refer is indeed the confederate flag and indeed racist because that's what CNN told me.  I know the flag is one of many the confederacy used to represent them at one point or another, and they can be seen here.  http://www.usflag.org/confederate.stars.and.bars.html  The Confederacy, in the various declarations of secession of Confederate states and Vice President Alexander Stephens' "Cornerstone of the Confederacy expressly adopted racist ideals as the basis for secession.  In relevant part Stephens states...

Quote:But not to be tedious in enumerating the numerous changes for the better, allow me to allude to one other though last, not least. The new constitution has put at rest, forever, all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution, African slavery as it exists amongst us – the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution. Jefferson in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the “rock upon which the old Union would split.” He was right. What was conjecture with him, is now a realized fact. But whether he fully comprehended the great truth upon which that rock stood and stands, may be doubted. The prevailing ideas entertained by him and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old constitution, were that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature; that it was wrong in principle, socially, morally, and politically. It was an evil they knew not well how to deal with, but the general opinion of the men of that day was that, somehow or other in the order of Providence, the institution would be evanescent and pass away. This idea, though not incorporated in the constitution, was the prevailing idea at that time. The constitution, it is true, secured every essential guarantee to the institution while it should last, and hence no argument can be justly urged against the constitutional guarantees thus secured, because of the common sentiment of the day. Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the government built upon it fell when the “storm came and the wind blew.”1

Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner-stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth.
  (Emphasis added)

The complete text of his speech may be found here.  https://teachingamericanhistory.org/libr...ne-speech/

Stephens uttered those words more than a century before CNN came into existence.  Viewing CNN is not a prerequisite to discovering this text, nor is it a requirement to discern the horrific import of these words.  Only a reasonable amount of literacy and a willingness to learn the truth is needed.

Since the Confederacy was founded-by its own admissions and writings-upon principles of white supremacy and anti black racism, any flags they willingly chose to represent them (including the flag you reference) inevitably represent the noxious and repugnant ideals upon which the Confederacy was founded.  Any figures who fought to advance those hateful and oppressive ideals are also linked to that racism, no matter how many times triggered conservatives stamp their feet about the constraints of political correctness.  No matter how much revisionist history Confederate apologists employ, no matter how many Jedi mind tricks the right use to convince the masses of its benevolence, a clear, sober, and honest examination of history precludes a divorce of the various flags of the Confederacy from the racist principles that inspired its founding.    I defy ANY of you on here-in fact, invite a guest poster if you must-to provide a cogent, logical and factual argument explaining why flags the confederacy willingly chose to represent them should be separated from those ideals.  

2.  I will assume we are in agreement that, flaws and all, this is a great country. With that common baseline established for the moment, would you agree that a great country like ours is entitled to enforce its own laws?  I would assume so given that is a basis for the crackdown along the Southern border.  What, then, is your take on the whole Bundy militia saga?  To refresh, Cliven Bundy was a rancher whom the government alleged was grazing his cattle on federal lands, subjecting him to grazing fees, which he did not pay for years.  When the Federal government finally tried to collect, the Bundy militia, with weapons drawn on federal law enforcement, resisted.  Were these patriots?  Were these heroes?  Or should they have been invited to leave the country?
Will you condemn the Democratic Party for their racist pillars, past and present? I mean, since we are separating from ideals and all.

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019, 09:30 PM by mikesez.)

(07-16-2019, 08:26 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 08:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote: (numbering added)

(Emphasis added)

Since the Confederacy was founded-by its own admissions and writings-upon principles of white supremacy and anti black racism, any flags they willingly chose to represent them (including the flag you reference) inevitably represent the noxious and repugnant ideals upon which the Confederacy was founded.  Any figures who fought to advance those hateful and oppressive ideals are also linked to that racism, no matter how many times triggered conservatives stamp their feet about the constraints of political correctness.  No matter how much revisionist history Confederate apologists employ, no matter how many Jedi mind tricks the right use to convince the masses of its benevolence, a clear, sober, and honest examination of history precludes a divorce of the various flags of the Confederacy from the racist principles that inspired its founding.    I defy ANY of you on here-in fact, invite a guest poster if you must-to provide a cogent, logical and factual argument explaining why flags the confederacy willingly chose to represent them should be separated from those ideals.  

Will you condemn the Democratic Party for their racist pillars, past and present? I mean, since we are separating from ideals and all.

Past?
Sure.
Fred Smathers and George Wallace were wrong for resisting civil Rights Act. Regardless of how many good things they may have done in their political career, pushing backwards in this area, as they did, cannot be forgotten, and should always be mentioned in any discussion of their legacy.
Lots of other historical dudes we could list deserve condemnation as well.
I just came up with those two on the top of my head.

Present?
You'll have to be more specific. Who or what do you have in mind, and why?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-16-2019, 09:29 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 08:26 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Will you condemn the Democratic Party for their racist pillars, past and present? I mean, since we are separating from ideals and all.

Past?
Sure.
Fred Smathers and George Wallace were wrong for resisting civil Rights Act. Regardless of how many good things they may have done in their political career, pushing backwards in this area, as they did, cannot be forgotten, and should always be mentioned in any discussion of their legacy.

Present?
I'm sure you could come up with more from the Democratic South, no?

How about the four that are part of the topic of this thread?

(07-16-2019, 09:29 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 08:26 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Will you condemn the Democratic Party for their racist pillars, past and present? I mean, since we are separating from ideals and all.

Past?
Sure.

Present?

Yeh, all Wallace did was quietly oppose the civil rights act in the back of the governor's mansion.

Moreover, these women have said they are ashamed of their country, compared Hezbollah and al Qaeda to England and America, asked Allah to save us from the "hypnosis of the Jews" intimated that all blacks Hispanics and lgbtq people have to think in monolithic blocks and oh yeh, said that border Patrol are "running concentration camps" and "making children drink out of toilets."  (1000 people attacked a detention facility and raised a foreign flag.  An entire nut was arrested before conducting an armed attack on another.)

So spare me the "women of color" "American citizen cap"  obviously Warren, rapinoe, Hillary, etc. Are all closet sisters.  Donald Trump is charged with advocating for this country.  His disgust is about the fact that they are anti american nit-wits, not their melanin content.  

Also, Trump pointed out correctly that when anyone criticizes a person of color for any reason in modern politics that they are labeled "raaaaaaaccccccisssst" even Pelosi, Hillary, etc.

(07-16-2019, 04:25 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: First of all Bullseye let me start off by saying that you are a valued and respected member of this community.  I don't want to turn this discussion personal.  We can agree to disagree along political lines and it doesn't change the respect that I have for you as a valued member of our board.

I share your sentiments.  There is considerable danger in vituperative dissonance stemming from discussions on this board, which is why I am generally loathe to come here.  As I said in a different thread, I don't want opinions formed here to taint the overall view of posters whose football takes and loyalty to the Jaguars I have grown to really really appreciate and respect over the years (you are included in that...and Kane too, for that matter).
(07-15-2019, 07:51 PM)Bullseye Wrote: It just so happens the target of his rants happen to be women of color?

In this case, yes it did "just so happen" to be minority women.  One factor that you seem to overlook is the fact that they are young freshman members of Congress who happen to be very far left on the political spectrum.  His rant had nothing to do with their ethnicity and everything to do with how they have conducted themselves.

Their status as freshmen members of Congress or their place on the political spectrum does not, in any way, mitigate their rights to voice dissent.  There have been others with whom the President has disagreed, but his most persistent targets have been persons of color.  It is noteworthy nobody else (read: white) has been urged to leave the country by this president.  The whole "come back" argument is quite silly.  Three of the four congresswomen were born in this country.  The fourth (Omar) is a U.S. citizen, and has been since she was a teenager.  Why should she be urged to go back to Somalia because she disagrees with this president's policies?  Why should she have to split her time between the country to which she has pledged allegiance when she became a citizen and a country she no longer calls home?  Why does she have the burden of fixing all of Somalia's ills before uttering policy disagreements with Trump?  Not one white male congressmen was ever required to fix all of the problems in their state before voicing disagreements.  For that matter, Trump didn't fix ANY problems in New York as a private citizen, yet that didn't preclude him from attempting to impugn and delegitimize former President Obama with the birther thing and the query into his college qualifications.  On the issue of how the freshmen congresswomen conducted themselves, Trump is the very last person to lecture anyone on how to conduct themselves.  If Trump truly had no racial animus driving his comments, tweets on this matter, had any leadership traits and instincts, and had a legitimate interest in having a unified country, he would make it a point to clarify his comments and urge unity.  Conservative whites threw a hissy fit when Obama said the cop acted stupidly for arresting professor Henry Louis Gates for breaking into his own home.  Obama brought professor gates and the cop for the beer summit and spoke repeatedly on the need for unity.  Trump has never come close to doing that.

Spare me the nonsense about us being "human beings."  This country's history has treated "human beings" quite differently based upon skin color.  Omar is American.  Full fledged...wholly legalized American Citizen with all of the rights that flow from being a citizen-as are the other three Congresswomen to which he refers.  

While you might think that my belief that there is only one race, that being the human race is "nonsense", it's what I believe and how I was raised.  I don't speak for anyone else but myself regarding that.  Unlike the far left that practically preaches identity politics, I view people for who they are and the "content of their character rather than the color of their skin".

If this is a true reflection of your views, you represent an aberration for someone on the right.

Where the hell does Trumo get off telling anyone-especially legal U.S. citizens-to leave the country, anyhow?  The fact he is urging these four United States citizens to leave the country almost as urgently as those in cages along the border shows that legal status is but flimsy pretext for those policies and proclamations.

President Trump clearly stated that if they or anyone else is unhappy with our country they are free to leave.  As far as the people in "cages" along the border, they are not being held against their will.  They can return to their country of origin at any time.  They are being detained because they broke the law by entering the country illegally.  Citizens every day are detained in "cages" (jail) for the same reason every day.

Is this really what you are arguing?  First off, it doesn't answer the question of where Trump gets off telling legal US citizens to leave the country.  Secondly your argument about the immigrants in cages absolutely boggles the mind to a ton of different levels.  They are not being held against their will?!?  You mean to suggest they traveled thousands of miles-some by foot for the "privilege" of being locked in overcrowded cages with no cots or access to showers, changes of clothing, etc?  THAT was their plan?!?  They can return to their country of origin at any time?  Really?  How are the children, ranging in age from toddler to teenager, separated from their parents, supposed to accomplish this?  Keep in mind, this completely IGNORES the very reasons many of them left their countries of origin in the first place.  How desperate do you have to be to leave the only place you've known, uproot your family, walk throughout Central America and up the length of Mexico to reach this country?!?  Their journeys here was every bit as courageous as those of the Pilgrims who fled England.If life for them were tenable in their countries of origin, they wouldn't have come here.  Also consider many of those detained-toddlers or otherwise-have been moved to facilities around the country away from the border.  How are they supposed to return to their country of origin?  Even if you opened the door to the facilities and told them see ya later, they'd still have to walk back to the borders, potentially extending their stays here for months.  I am straining to avoid personal invective here, I really am.  But this argument on this topic epitomizes the "distasteful, misguided, myopic and bigoted" views I referenced.  What of the people who emigrate from ostensibly "non [BLEEP] countries"
who overstay their visas?  They violate the immigration laws just like those crossing the southern border?  Are any of them in cages?

He mentioned that all they do is complain.  First off, when does criticizing the president constitute hatred of the country?!?  Under that tacit rationale, Trump should have exited stage right when he began his wholly baseless attacks on former President Obama, and should have taken the bigoted and intransigent fascists on the right with him.

The thing is yes they do complain and point out things that might be wrong, yet vote "no" on bills that would address the situation solely because it would be a "win" in their eyes for the current President.  Criticizing The President is one thing, but when falsely labeled and accused is a whole other thing.

You argued this in the administration immediately following the Obama administration?  Seriously?
  Did we forget Mitch McConnell ordering all Republicans to vote against every Obama proposed legislation, even when, in the estimation of Republican congressmen, it was good for the country?  https://www.politico.com/story/2010/10/t...dge-044311  Did we forget McConnell's theft of the Obama Supreme court appointment?!?  Funny you mention being falsely labeled and accused.  Let's see...starting with the "terrorist fist jab" and "palling around with terrorists," continuing with the birther conspiracy and allegations of being a "secret muslim" bent on instituting Sharia law and taking everyone's guns, continuing still with FEMA camps and the whole Jade Helm conspiracy, and countless other nonsensical tripe, NOW you have a problem with presidents being falsely labeled and accused?!? Surely you jest.

He cites allegedly anti semitic and pro al Qaeda sentiments uttered by Omar as a basis for them to leave. Again, by that rationale, Trump should be long gone from here.

So by your comment I assume that you agree that Representative Omar did not utter anti-semitic and pro al Qaeda sentiments?  If so, why should President Trump be "long gone"?

I agree that Omar did not make anti semitic and pro al Qaeda statements.  As I indicated above, I was taking Trump's assertions and logic at face value.

What enemies of this country has Trump NOT aligned himself with?  He supports the flying of the Confederate flag and the preservation of confederate monuments, which glorify a group of individuals who were willing to renounce citizenship in this country; a group founded-by its own admissions-upon principles opposite to the U.S. Constitution those of you on the right so reflexively yammer about revering; a group that took up arms against American troops, ultimately costing over 600,000 American lives.

I also support the flying of the Confederate flag and the preservation of confederate monuments.  Like it or not it's a part of our country's history.  The Civil War is a whole other topic of conversation.

Like it or not, the Clinton-Lewinsky scandal is part of our history.  Where is the clamoring for memorials commemorating that...or the Teapot-Dome scandal..or any number of historical events and figures not memorialized in sculpture?  These Confederate memorials are not about history.  They are tributes to white supremacy.

He supported the "very fine people" of Charlottesville, who flew Confederate flags and Nazi flags.  For those of you who conveniently choose to forget, this country was at war with the Nazis between 1941-1945.  By the way, the Nazis were coalesced around anti semitism, as evidenced by "some very fine people" of Charlottesville who chanted "Jews will not replace us."

He bends over backwards to fellate Putin, former head of the KGB, the CIA equivalent of this country's biggest 20th century adversary, the former Soviet Union. His relations with Russians is unlike any U.S. president that came before him.  Furthermore, he engaged-without preconditions-one of the last remaining communist countries in the world-North Korea, who joined the Soviet union in opposing the United States, to the point where they went to war against us.

Regarding North Korea the call from the left has always been "diplomacy" yet those on the left including yourself criticize him for improving relations and attempting to solve differences diplomatically rather than going to war.  Rather than celebrate a historic act there is nothing but criticisim and the far left alleging that he is "with" them. It's a far greater act than any President before him ever achieved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjI5GgfNl5Q

The fact is, this country was founded on dissent.  Some of the greatest moments in this country involved reasoned, passionate debate over genuine philosophical/political differences on how best to govern this country.  The First Amendment of the Constitution guarantees the right to free speech thusly, in relevant part:  "Congress shall make no law...or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press;  or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for the redress of grievances." There is nothing in Article II that negates this, or for that matter, the rights of members of Congress to criticize sitting presidents.   There are any number of Supreme court cases that have the most eloquent advocacy of policy-in majority and dissenting opinion-you will ever see.  As distasteful, misguided, myopic, and yes, bigoted as I find many takes on the right, without question I affirm your rights to voice those views without having to excuse yourself from the country.  How dare this egotistical and bigoted [BLEEP] stain invite anyone who dares to disagree with him to leave the country?!?  If his policies are the right ones, he should have no problem defending the logic of them to his critics.  Instead, he divides this country again along racial and ethnic lines with his blatant hypocrisy and betrays the traditions that made this country great.  As many times as the right accused former President Obama of being a dictator, not once did he try to get his critics to leave the country because they dared disagree with him.  Not once did he call Fox news and other right leaning media "the enemy of the people."

As far as the part of your comment that I highlighted in blue let me say this.  I happen to be one of those people "on the right".  Please explain to me how my core values of "God, Family, Country" are "distasteful, misguided, myopic and bigoted".  President Trump's policy of defending our border follows The Constitution which he swore to protect and defend.  He shouldn't have to "defend" the fact that he is enforcing the law.  His invitation to anyone that isn't happy with our country is welcome to leave isn't about "him" or "his policy" , it's about our current policy in place and enforced by many presidents before him including President Obama.

Again Bullseye I don't mean anything personal.  I respect you and value your opinion as a member of this community.  I welcome open debate and discussion as long as we keep it civil, honest and stay away from the "name calling" and accusations (ie. "racist", "bigot" "xenophobe").  I have never met you personally but I am assuming that perhaps you are a black man.  Please correct me if I am wrong about that.  I personally am a Hispanic male in my 50's closer to 60.  I do have conservative values and am not afraid to say so.  Let's discuss it and let the other members of our community chime in.

For the record, I am an African-American, though status as an African American is not required to discern the pernicious impact of racism.  The truly sad part about all of this is if conservatives were not so pathologically anti minority, some of their policies would actually be attractive to minorities.

(07-16-2019, 09:36 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 09:29 PM)mikesez Wrote: Past?
Sure.

Present?
I'm sure you could come up with more from the Democratic South, no?

How about the four that are part of the topic of this thread?

I've seen some unreliable sources quote each of those four women as saying things that should upset me, but, in a few cases I was motivated to look at the broader context of what the woman was saying, and then I became less upset. Not that I agreed, but I no longer was worried that the woman was trying to exclude white men like me from anything.

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019, 10:42 PM by mikesez.)

(07-16-2019, 01:43 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: The sad reality is the United States and Western Europe take all the best and the brightest from all the worst countries and that's why they stay awful.

Exactly!

Hopefully some of them will go back and improve their home country, but you have to see why demanding that they all do so is a special kind of terrible.

Plus it's not in our interest. If these folks have the kind of brains that make countries better, we want those brains making our country better, not theirs.

So let's just try to enjoy the benefits that brain drain offers us, and be nice to the people who give us those benefits.

(07-16-2019, 08:26 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 08:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote: (numbering added)

(Emphasis added)

Sure.

The Democratic party, up until the 1960s, was political home to racist segregationists who advanced repugnant policies designed to perpetuate oppression of African Americans and other minorities.  The Democrats who were so aligned, and the party that tolerated them were spectacularly wrong then.  Until that point, they were equally as repugnant as their Confederate predecessors.

However, there is an important distinction between the Confederacy and the Democratic party.

The Confederacy never repented for the evils they perpetuated.  For the entirety of its existence, the Confederacy fought AGAINST the freedom and equality of African Americans.  There is no indicia the Confederacy ever rescinded or renounced their beliefs of white supremacy, either rhetorically or in their actions.

However, the Democratic party evolved over time to become the party who fought for Civil rights for minorities, starting with the Kennedy administration and continuing with Lyndon Johnson's signing of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.  Johnson predicted the Democratic party has lost the South for a generation with that signing.  Since then, there has been an ideological shift in the parties.  Segregationists who no longer felt the Democratic party represented their views defected to the Republican party over the next few years.  The South, which was traditionally solidly democratic, has now aligned itself with the Republican party.  Meanwhile, the Democratic party has cultivated many African American political figures over the years, including Former President Barack Obama.  The current Republican party, bearing little resemblance to the "Party of Lincoln" has done nothing of the sort.

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019, 10:54 PM by 13Coronas.)

It’s very simple now
newt just said it best
Are you a patriot or a raciest
“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
“If you find a way to motivate an idiot you have a motivated idiot”

So now we can wear patriot hats and have patriot flags
“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
“If you find a way to motivate an idiot you have a motivated idiot”

(07-16-2019, 07:15 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:

Bravo!

(07-16-2019, 11:41 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 07:15 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: This kind of comment is the worst kind of privilege.  They just need to get over it, right?  From you, who has never had to experience the same?  People in this country have been identified, classified, profiled, and treated differently due to race for 90% of this country's history, and your solution is "well, that's over now, so move on!"  It makes it sorta hard when there are still groups and people like the [BLEEP] PRESIDENT who continue to perpetuate [BLEEP] like this.  There were people holding signs of Obama in a noose and burning effigies of him when he was elected, but we should just ignore that, right?  Racism's dead though, yeah?  As late as the 80s, black people in this country couldn't secure loans to buy homes, resulting in systemic and racially motivated poverty that still has an effect today.  But hey, that shouldn't matter any more!

Bravo!

Oh? Do tell how Obama protests were the first and racially motivated when history easily and clearly demonstrates otherwise.

http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/?p=621

Nah, it's just because of skin color.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato