Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mueller Investigation Complete

(07-24-2019, 09:38 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Meuller testimony going just how I thought...

Sharp as a tack when questioned by someone with a 'D' next to their name. Altzheimers and hearing deficiencies kick in if there is an 'R' next to member.

From what I heard I thought he sounded pretty weak answering their questions too. The R who was talking about the Assumption of Innocence Principle did a good job, but the first guy (Kyle?) was talking too damn fast.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2019, 09:54 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(07-24-2019, 09:38 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Meuller testimony going just how I thought...

Sharp as a tack when questioned by someone with a 'D' next to their name. Altzheimers and hearing deficiencies kick in if there is an 'R' next to member.

par for the course in politics

Jeff Sessions 
I don't remember
I don't remember
I don't remember
I can't recall
I can't recall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGLQ7vtXheE

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2019, 09:56 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

This whole thing is an embarrassment to Muller (who seems senile) and the Democrats.

(07-24-2019, 09:51 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:

Defend and deflect - we'd expect nothing less from you. I don't blame you for being embarrassed by his findings. But if it's the right guy, and the right party, you'll pretty much go along with anything. Nothing like being bought.

You ought to read the report. Or perhaps that's too hard and you're waiting for the movie?

Be glad he's just sticking to the report.

(Whiny post from Stroud defending Donald in three ... two ... one ...)

He contradicted page 180 of the report.

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2019, 10:04 AM by B2hibry.)

(07-24-2019, 09:51 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:

Defend and deflect - we'd expect nothing less from you. I don't blame you for being embarrassed by his findings. But if it's the right guy, and the right party, you'll pretty much go along with anything. Nothing like being bought.

You ought to read the report. Or perhaps that's too hard and you're waiting for the movie?

Be glad he's just sticking to the report.

(Whiny post from Stroud defending Donald in three ... two ... one ...)
You should check to see who originally started this thread and who actually posted the report at post #28.

Vol. I versus Vol. II is night and day. II was nothing but overextended opinion and ifs. Far outside law and prosecutor standard.

Love projectionism! Never stop.

(07-24-2019, 09:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

From what I heard I thought he sounded pretty weak answering their questions too. The R who was talking about the Assumption of Innocence Principle did a good job, but the first guy (Kyle?) was talking too damn fast.

He seems to be willing to quickly say "correct" for one party and "can you repeat" for the other. Delays the 5-minutes for sure. However, there does appear to be a speed issue. There also seems to be a huge contradiction into what he can further dicuss or can't or what he wants to further discuss.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Gawd, I feel sorry for Mueller. I listened to about two minutes of the hearing and him being used by politicians on both sides as a grandstand prop. It’s the proverbial dog and pony show.

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2019, 10:29 AM by Adam2012.)

I hope you guys are paid by the hour to defend your boy. Hmm ... Robert Mueller or Donald Trump ... which one has the long record of telling the truth, honorable service to the nation, sterling military record, and someone who knows the law. I think I'll pick Mueller. But you pick the condo salesman. I think that says more about you than it does Mueller.

I'm looking forward to the lies Donald will tweet later today. Those are always amusing.

(07-24-2019, 10:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Gawd, I feel sorry for Mueller. I listened to about two minutes of the hearing and him being used by politicians on both sides as a grandstand prop. It’s the proverbial dog and pony show.

Yep. Now we know why he didn't want to do any of this in the first place.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(07-24-2019, 10:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Gawd, I feel sorry for Mueller. I listened to about two minutes of the hearing and him being used by politicians on both sides as a grandstand prop. It’s the proverbial dog and pony show.

I agree but if we're honest, Mueller's Vol. II instigated all this. A majority of folks wanted the report to definitely say one thing or another with no political interpretation. Reap what you sew moment? Sadly, all this will drag on, as intended, all the way up to the next election.

(07-24-2019, 10:42 AM)B2hibry Wrote:

I agree but if we're honest, Mueller's Vol. II instigated all this. A majority of folks wanted the report to definitely say one thing or another with no political interpretation. Reap what you sew moment? Sadly, all this will drag on, as intended, all the way up to the next election.

His whole report is based on "We know that mother [BLEEP] Trump did something illegal to beat Hillary, and we'll keep looking until we find it."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Does it really make a difference? Even if there is evidence Trump did something illegal, nothing will happen. Even if he got impeached, he'd still be the president. He certainly won't step down. This just seems futile right now. Short of finding him guilty of treason, nothing is gonna change.

(07-24-2019, 11:54 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Does it really make a difference? Even if there is evidence Trump did something illegal, nothing will happen. Even if he got impeached, he'd still be the president. He certainly won't step down. This just seems futile right now. Short of finding him guilty of treason, nothing is gonna change.

It just lets the MSM keep the narrative going for another 16 months, then an additional 48 months after that.

(07-24-2019, 12:00 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-24-2019, 11:54 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Does it really make a difference? Even if there is evidence Trump did something illegal, nothing will happen. Even if he got impeached, he'd still be the president. He certainly won't step down. This just seems futile right now. Short of finding him guilty of treason, nothing is gonna change.

It just lets the MSM keep the narrative going for another 16 months, then an additional 48 months after that.

[Image: tenor.gif]

It makes no difference since we know that the Clintons were actually involved in numerous illegal and unethical ventures and there is not one scintilla of discussion of that anywhere in this buffoonery.

Mueller was strong in his afternoon session. The Russian effort was no hoax, and they're still doing it. Even a few honest Republicans recognize this.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(07-24-2019, 06:08 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Mueller was strong in his afternoon session. The Russian effort was no hoax, and they're still doing it. Even a few honest Republicans recognize this.
It was know that the Russians were interfering in election activities under Obama and nothing was addressed. In any case, that was not the basis for this particular investigation. If you call Mueller backtracking on his words, sure, he was a little more intune during the afternoon session but nothing about his efforts was strong. One thing is for certain; he did not have a large role in producing the report, nor would one believe he had control of much. The only individual who learned anything today was Bob Mueller.

(07-24-2019, 06:08 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Mueller was strong in his afternoon session. The Russian effort was no hoax, and they're still doing it. Even a few honest Republicans recognize this.

Wow, yeah, very strong.

(07-24-2019, 10:28 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: I hope you guys are paid by the hour to defend your boy. Hmm ... Robert Mueller or Donald Trump ... which one has the long record of telling the truth, honorable service to the nation, sterling military record, and someone who knows the law. I think I'll pick Mueller. But you pick the condo salesman. I think that says more about you than it does Mueller.

I'm looking forward to the lies Donald will tweet later today. Those are always amusing.

Yep. Now we know why he didn't want to do any of this in the first place.

Who needs the nutmeg now, brother?

Jim jordan might disagree about that.  I could tell from jump that he looked old, frail, and didn't have a real grasp of the facts. As the day went on, it became crystal clear that Andrew Weissman was the real special counsel.  I remember rudy giuliani (in his capacity as Trump's personal attorney) only saw Bob Mueller once.  When Bob Mueller said he didn't know who Fusion GPS was destroyed any credibility that this inquiry might have had.

(07-24-2019, 07:24 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
It was know that the Russians were interfering in election activities under Obama and nothing was addressed. In any case, that was not the basis for this particular investigation. If you call Mueller backtracking on his words, sure, he was a little more intune during the afternoon session but nothing about his efforts was strong. One thing is for certain; he did not have a large role in producing the report, nor would one believe he had control of much. The only individual who learned anything today was Bob Mueller.

I guess you didn't read Rosenstein's letter appointing Mueller, unless you're one of the useful idiots buying the nonsense that it was based on the Steele Dossier.

Had Obama done more than tell Putin to cut it out (which he did) and Brennan warning his counterpart, you and your fellow Trumpettes would have cried foul because he was trying to aid Clinton's campaign.

You got it bad, man. Lenin had it right.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(07-24-2019, 09:07 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(07-24-2019, 07:24 PM)B2hibry Wrote: It was know that the Russians were interfering in election activities under Obama and nothing was addressed. In any case, that was not the basis for this particular investigation. If you call Mueller backtracking on his words, sure, he was a little more intune during the afternoon session but nothing about his efforts was strong. One thing is for certain; he did not have a large role in producing the report, nor would one believe he had control of much. The only individual who learned anything today was Bob Mueller.

I guess you didn't read Rosenstein's letter appointing Mueller, unless you're one of the useful idiots buying the nonsense that it was based on the Steele Dossier.

Had Obama done more than tell Putin to cut it out (which he did) and Brennan warning his counterpart, you and your fellow Trumpettes would have cried foul because he was trying to aid Clinton's campaign.

Please.  Go watch jim Jordan's cross.  It's priceless.

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2019, 07:57 AM by B2hibry.)

(07-24-2019, 09:41 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(07-24-2019, 09:07 PM)rollerjag Wrote: I guess you didn't read Rosenstein's letter appointing Mueller, unless you're one of the useful idiots buying the nonsense that it was based on the Steele Dossier.

Please.  Go watch jim Jordan's cross.  It's priceless.

Don't bother. This person is so confused it's hard to respond to. He'd rather just hurl insults or use elementary name-calling. I did appreciate Jordan's cross, and oddly enough on the other side, Nadler was concise. The "nobody is above the law" after every Dem questioning was a bit over theatrical.

I can just see RJ scouring the internet for tips on how to turn this into a win for Mueller. Scouring the depths of CNN.com to no avail. Really hard to watch from a bystander perspective.