Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Texans Release Aaron Colvin

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ip-gaines/

I'm betting if he's healthy, he would be a nice fit at FS for us.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He must of been really bad to get cut with all that guaranteed money still owed.

(09-10-2019, 09:27 PM)Jags239 Wrote: He must of been really bad to get cut with all that guaranteed money still owed.

I'm betting he wasn't a fit in their scheme.  I think they used him outside as a starter as opposed to inside, as a nickel on blitzes and short zones.

FA bust.

Bring him home!

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2019, 10:53 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

Come on DC do it! Do what the Rams did(with BB5), Bring him back on league minimum, he still gets paid the guaranteed money from Houston. He would sure up the nickle, but we still need help @ FS/SS and LB.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2019, 11:15 PM by Eric1.)

(09-10-2019, 09:27 PM)Jags239 Wrote: He must of been really bad to get cut with all that guaranteed money still owed.

He was the victim of giving up that 10ish yard completion to Ted Ginn with 2 seconds left on the clock, which gave the Saints a chance at the 58 yard FG that won them the game.

The DC called that Defense on that play and he's to blame, but they made Colvin the scapegoat instead, even though he was doing what he was told to do.

Still Colvin hasn't been good at all for the Texans, but this was simply an emotional cut from the HC, because he's also the GM and can do whatever he wants.

(09-10-2019, 10:53 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Come on  DC do it! Do what the Rams did(with BB5), Bring him back on league minimum, he still gets paid the guaranteed money from Houston. He would sure up the nickle, but we still need help @ FS/SS and LB.

Hayden is a good nickle and there's zero chance Colvin would replace him if they did pick him up. He'd be depth at best in case Hayden got injured.

He'd be a better Safety than Wilson. And knows the defense already.

(09-10-2019, 11:45 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: He'd be a better Safety than Wilson. And knows the defense already.

They should add him for depth and cut Josh what's his name. Groom him to replace Wilson. Wilson proved he can't tackle and is just a body out there. Maybe he'll improve but right now he's the weakest link.

I'd also start Hayden over Bouye outside for a game or two to send him a message and play Colvin at slot.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(09-11-2019, 07:10 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 11:45 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: He'd be a better Safety than Wilson. And knows the defense already.

They should add him for depth and cut Josh what's his name. Groom him to replace Wilson. Wilson proved he can't tackle and is just a body out there. Maybe he'll improve but right now he's the weakest link.

I'd also start Hayden over Bouye outside for a game or two  to send him a message and play Colvin at slot.
While I share your concerns about Wilson, I would caution against overreacting to the Chiefs loss.

Yes, the Chiefs made our defense look horrible.  But let's put this in perspective. Just last season, Mahomes three for over 50 TDout of 16 regular season games and two playoff games, the Chiefs were held 2 under 30 points 4 *. They scored 40 against the Patriots over 40 against the Steelers 51 against the Rams. Those were all some pretty good defenses.

Colvin gave up 2 TDs and the aforementioned pass to Ginn for the win.

I'd take him @ Safety. Corner, no.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(09-10-2019, 11:13 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

He was the victim of giving up that 10ish yard completion to Ted Ginn with 2 seconds left on the clock, which gave the Saints a chance at the 58 yard FG that won them the game.

The DC called that Defense on that play and he's to blame, but they made Colvin the scapegoat instead, even though he was doing what he was told to do.

Still Colvin hasn't been good at all for the Texans, but this was simply an emotional cut from the HC, because he's also the GM and can do whatever he wants.

(09-10-2019, 10:53 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Come on  DC do it! Do what the Rams did(with BB5), Bring him back on league minimum, he still gets paid the guaranteed money from Houston. He would sure up the nickle, but we still need help @ FS/SS and LB.

Hayden is a good nickle and there's zero chance Colvin would replace him if they did pick him up. He'd be depth at best in case Hayden got injured.

Lol, he did NOT do what he was supposed to do.. Look at every single DB on that play.. they where all playing press coverage while Colvin was watching butterflies giving up 10 yard cushions like a [BLEEP]. Dude was targeted 9 times giving up 8 catches for 100+ yards and a touchdown. He's been horrible here and was even a healthy scratch last season due to his poor play.

Need to bring him in and pump his sorry [BLEEP] for info about the tinhorns then send him packing again.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-11-2019, 08:15 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 07:10 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: They should add him for depth and cut Josh what's his name. Groom him to replace Wilson. Wilson proved he can't tackle and is just a body out there. Maybe he'll improve but right now he's the weakest link.

I'd also start Hayden over Bouye outside for a game or two  to send him a message and play Colvin at slot.
While I share your concerns about Wilson, I would caution against overreacting to the Chiefs loss.

Yes, the Chiefs made our defense look horrible.  But let's put this in perspective. Just last season, Mahomes three for over 50 TDout of 16 regular season games and two playoff games, the Chiefs were held 2 under 30 points 4 *. They scored 40 against the Patriots over 40 against the Steelers 51 against the Rams. Those were all some pretty good defenses.

Very true. While the loss sucked, I'm not overreacting on it. They put up 40 on us last year too. At least our offense was competitive this year. Now if the trend continues against Houston and Tennessee, then yeah. 

But on Colvin, depending on money, he would make all sorts of sense to bring back. He knows the defense already, the other players from 2017 were bummed when he left. Let them cut Gip and bring him back too while they're at it.

What happened? accxording to people in this board he was great and the best NB in the league lol.

Another overrated Jag.

(09-11-2019, 07:10 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

At this point I think Tre Herndon is better depth than Colvin. 

We already moved on for a reason.

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2019, 02:07 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(09-11-2019, 08:46 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Colvin gave up 2 TDs and the aforementioned pass to Ginn for the win.

Based on what I saw in week 1 vs the Chiefs, he'd fit in well under our 2019 break but don't bend defensive scheme.

(09-11-2019, 09:02 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Need to bring him in and pump his sorry [BLEEP] for info about the tinhorns then send him packing again.

Coughlin would never do anything like that (sarcastically stated).   It was always hilarious to see Coughlin bring in recently released Steelers just prior to playing them 2x per year.

(09-10-2019, 09:03 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ip-gaines/

I'm betting if he's healthy, he would be a nice fit at FS for us.

When reading your thoughts this morning, the transition Lions S Quandre Diggs made to Safety,  after being a Nickel CB until late in 3rd season, comes to mind.   Diggs was a Pro Bowl Alternate last season.  Aaron Colvin has a number of similarities to Diggs.   The risk / reward regarding giving Colvin a shot at Safety seems very favorable.

(09-11-2019, 08:50 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 11:13 PM)Eric1 Wrote: He was the victim of giving up that 10ish yard completion to Ted Ginn with 2 seconds left on the clock, which gave the Saints a chance at the 58 yard FG that won them the game.

Lol, he did NOT do what he was supposed to do.. Look at every single DB on that play.. they where all playing press coverage while Colvin was watching butterflies giving up 10 yard cushions like a [BLEEP]. Dude was targeted 9 times giving up 8 catches for 100+ yards and a touchdown. He's been horrible here and was even a healthy scratch last season due to his poor play.

Go watch it again my man. The two CBs at the top of the screen are playing press, but the 3 CBs at the bottom of the screen are all playing off. Yes Colvin back pedaled way too far and that was on him, but he wasn't the only one playing off.

Come home AC