Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars @ Texans Game Day Thread***

I will say this: Looking at how other QBs in the AFCS played today, I think it's kinda remarkable to fathom that our new guy Gardner can actually hold his own in this division.

I think they have to put more trust in him going forward. Absolutely.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I would consider trading Fournette if we get a third rounder for him...

Fournette has been in the wrong offensive system since he has been in Jax. He requires a head of steam to make anything happen and generally goes into contact instead of trying to make guys miss. He needs an offense with more TE's, and power running style than zone runs. I also think he is a better receiver than he has shown. He is basically never running actual routes out of motion, and using him like that, gets him into space against smaller defenders.

True, he was not worth a Top 10 pick, but he is being misused.

(09-15-2019, 04:18 PM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: I would consider trading Fournette if we get a third rounder for him...

We would be lucky to get a 5th or a 6th. Teams are going to stay away from an injury prone, slow, plodding running-back with no vision.

(09-15-2019, 04:18 PM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: I would consider trading Fournette if we get a third rounder for him...

Dude isn't worth a 5th, maybe a 6th or nothing. He sucks.

Fournette got bottled up all game, ESPECIALLY up the middle. I don't understand the logic behind that last play call.

Minshew struggled (3 fumbles, 1 lost) but came through when it counted.

Chark and Conley have been playing well.

Hopkins averaged 8 yards a catch and of his 5 catches I think 3 were slants and I'm pretty sure all were in the first half.

We need to figure out how to stop the run and get some other RBs carries, hell bench fournette to start the next game. I'm sure Armstead can give us similar or better production running the ball.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2019, 04:22 PM by Mowerguy.)

Minshew is a baller......
maybe fournette needs to go to wyoming again
A defensive touchdown would have been sweet and made a difference....but
at least the D showed up today
and why did we get rid of Hyde?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Why are you guys talking about Fournette or Minshew???

It's the Coach that made the Stupid, Idiotic, Moronic Decision, not the Players.

Get a Clue!

That Ramsey almost pick was huge considering this is a game of inches.

(09-15-2019, 04:19 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Fournette has been in the wrong offensive system since he has been in Jax. He requires a head of steam to make anything happen and generally goes into contact instead of trying to make guys miss. He needs an offense with more TE's, and power running style than zone runs. I also think he is a better receiver than he has shown. He is basically never running actual routes out of motion, and using him like that, gets him into space against smaller defenders.

True, he was not worth a Top 10 pick, but he is being misused.

Putting the ball in his hands is misusing him at this point.

(09-15-2019, 04:20 PM)Jaxbch Wrote: Why are you guys talking about Fournette or Minshew???

It's the Coach that made the Stupid, Idiotic, Moronic Decision, not the Players.

Get a Clue!

Nothing wrong with the call, rewatch it. Fournette covered up instead of extending like you are supposed to do.

(09-15-2019, 04:21 PM)uthill Wrote: That Ramsey almost pick was huge considering this is a game of inches.

tacks lost by 2 and we lost by 1..... going to be an interesting Thursday night
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Heartbreaking loss. No problem with going for 2, but not happy with trying to run it in. Minshew brought them back and should have had the opportunity to win the game. Thursday night is obviously a must-win game now.

BTW, I think Chark got injured on that TD lob throw. I saw him holding his calf/achilles instead of celebrating. Hope its nothing serious, I think Chark is gonna be Minshews favorite receiver.

(09-15-2019, 04:22 PM)uthill Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 04:20 PM)Jaxbch Wrote: Why are you guys talking about Fournette or Minshew???

Get a Clue!

Nothing wrong with the call, rewatch it. Fournette covered up instead of extending like you are supposed to do.

I'm not sure he could, sort of looked like he lost hold of it momentarily then it was too late.

Really, though, it's academic. He's a terrible player that was a miserably bad pick, and he shouldn't be the focus of the offensive gameplan.

The Jaguars should be trying to use a west-coast style short to long passing game to complement Minshew's reasonably good accuracy and decision making.

Bugs Bunny said it best, “What a Marone!”

(09-15-2019, 04:40 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 04:22 PM)uthill Wrote: Nothing wrong with the call, rewatch it. Fournette covered up instead of extending like you are supposed to do.

I'm not sure he could, sort of looked like he lost hold of it momentarily then it was too late.

Really, though, it's academic. He's a terrible player that was a miserably bad pick, and he shouldn't be the focus of the offensive gameplan.

The Jaguars should be trying to use a west-coast style short to long passing game to complement Minshew's reasonably good accuracy and decision making.

Well he is supposed to be the bell cow and the coaches entrusted him to do what he is paid to do. That is on the player that cannot do his part. After today Armstead should be the starter.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2019, 04:48 PM by irontrooper83.)

2pt play aside (don't give it to Fournette like that, dammit!) Ramsey dropped INT was really huge. And obviously the fumbles, Oline had a bad game on some of those plays. Refs did their best too, those 2 holding calls were really back breakers.

(09-15-2019, 04:45 PM)uthill Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 04:40 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: I'm not sure he could, sort of looked like he lost hold of it momentarily then it was too late.

Well he is supposed to be the bell cow and the coaches entrusted him to do what he is paid to do. That is on the player that cannot do his part. After today Armstead should be the starter.

Armstead isn't even getting in the game. They are putting LF out there almost every play. It makes no sense to not give him a rest when he clearly can't run the ball.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(09-15-2019, 04:45 PM)uthill Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 04:40 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: I'm not sure he could, sort of looked like he lost hold of it momentarily then it was too late.

Should he? Maybe he's terrible, too.

One thing seems clear, though, Chark needs more opportunities, and I think using the running backs in the passing game more and less runs up the middle would be good.