Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fire Doug Marrone

(09-15-2019, 04:31 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 04:27 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: The play call at the end to run Fournette up the middle...it's reminiscent of last year when they only had to get a first down while playing the Steelers. They needed 4 yards to be able to get a first and let the clock run down, and the choose to hand it off to Fournette. Doug stated afterwards that they weren't sure what to do so they put the ball in the hands of their best player. That was translation for "I don't know what the hell to do".

Same story today. They didn't have any kind of play that could have given them a chance at the endzone on the 2 points conversion? Lack of ingenuity and ideas. It's classic Doug. Same story, different date. He has to go. I hope Kahn can see this, or Coughlin, or anybody that can make it happen.

Then how the hell are any of these coaches still employed?! You damn sure don't hand it to the guy who can't get it done.

It was obvious that Fournette WASN'T getting it done by running it up the middle...all game long. I think it was obvious that a different play call was necessary. I mean, Fournette was running into a brick wall all game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Going for 2 points there was fine, it's the play call that was terrible.

Minshew was red hot on that final drive, yet you take it out of his hands and give it to Fournette who was pretty terrible at running the ball all day... Idiot decision.

(09-15-2019, 04:37 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 04:31 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Then how the hell are any of these coaches still employed?! You damn sure don't hand it to the guy who can't get it done.

It was obvious that Fournette WASN'T getting it done by running it up the middle...all game long. I think it was obvious that a different play call was necessary. I mean, Fournette was running into a brick wall all game.

I'm sitting there daydreaming of receivers and tight ends running all over the end zone and Minshew scrambling frantically deciding whether to flip it or run it and then...they hand it to 3.4nette and into the brick wall he goes.

Ramsey's immature tirade on the sideline also speaks to Marrone's lack of discipline.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(09-15-2019, 04:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Going for 2 points there was fine, it's the play call that was terrible.

Minshew was red hot on that final drive, yet you take it out of his hands and give it to Fournette who was pretty terrible at running the ball all day... Idiot decision.

This x infinity!!!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

I really hope TC does something immediately.

He is already there at practice, take this team over and put the headset on. It's not like he has to do much, he just needs to approve the gameplan, clock management, and challenge plays.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Did anyone see Ingram run it for Baltimore??? He trucked, unlike Fournette that doesn't even really try. He is a bust and should be benched.

(09-15-2019, 04:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Going for 2 points there was fine, it's the play call that was terrible.

And to make matters worse.. you run behind RIGHT GUARD ... aka our WORST Offensive Linemen i can't fathom the stupidity
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Fournette gave Minshew very little help. He needed to step up to give the kid a chance. As usual he proves to be a [BLEEP] first round pick.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Not on the fire Doug train yet. Check back in around the end of October.

I did not agree with going for 2. I did not agree with the play call.

At the same time, we had no business winning this game. I can understand trying to take it when you have the chance. If you are making the call, do you go with the 6th round rookie everyone was trying to cut a few weeks ago, or do you go with a historically very good goal line back.

More annoyed with the poor use of challenges and Ramsey drama.

I could definitely see him gone around bye week if we aren’t at least 4-5.

Well not challenging on that Hopkins play gave them 3.

Then going for 2 when we could have tied.

Always on the bad end of the decisions.

Chill everyone. We will clean a few things up and be back out there next week to compete.

Worst coaching decision call of the week?

Jaguars - Running for 2 point conversion up the middle when Minshew had some rhythm.

Panthers - 4th and 1 with Trick running play to sidelines instead sneaking with Newton.

Going for 2 was a terrible decision! You don’t do that when you are losing the game period. You tie it up, the defense was raging and momentum was on our side, just a horrible ending, you reward the unbelievable grit our team showed by tying the score and playing on, just stupid
A good loser is a good loser

Has he been fired yet???
My sig goes here!

(09-15-2019, 04:44 PM)PF* Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 04:37 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: It was obvious that Fournette WASN'T getting it done by running it up the middle...all game long. I think it was obvious that a different play call was necessary. I mean, Fournette was running into a brick wall all game.

I'm sitting there daydreaming of receivers and tight ends running all over the end zone and Minshew scrambling frantically deciding whether to flip it or run it and then...they hand it to 3.4nette and into the brick wall he goes.

Ramsey's immature tirade on the sideline also speaks to Marrone's lack of discipline.

Ramsey's tirade is exactly in line with this entire thread.  IT WAS NOT A CATCH!  Moron not challenging the call is indicative of the problem.  The NFL has decided to make the offense a priority.  The Jaguar brain trust continues to play conservative then go off script with the most obvious call they have.  NO IMAGINATION!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2019, 06:41 PM by Jagsfan4life9/28/82.)

(09-15-2019, 05:39 PM)jag2543 Wrote: Going for 2 was a terrible decision! You don’t do that when you are losing the game period. You tie it up, the defense was raging and momentum was on our side, just a horrible ending, you reward the unbelievable grit our team showed by tying the score and playing on, just stupid

Exactly this. Going for two was monumentally stupid. The odds favor the Texans no matter what the play. Additionally, it wasn't as if it would have been a sure winner, even if converted. The Texans would had have 30 seconds with two timeouts to get into field goal range. Anybody remember what they did last week. The only time you go for two in the situation is if you're a 2-11 expansion team and you need a confidence builder. Week two against a division rival? Moronic.

(09-15-2019, 04:23 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 04:22 PM)wrong_boxso if he would have made it and won it would be a bad call...gotcha Wrote: If they would have made the 2pt conversion the tune would be that marrone has balls but he didnt so hes an idiot...shm..oh to be a coach make that play and youre a genius with big brass balls...mis it and youre an idiot stupidest call ever

[BLEEP] even if he makes it it’s a bad call Just the consequences are not as drastic.

(09-15-2019, 05:32 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Worst coaching decision call of the week?

Jaguars - Running for 2 point conversion up the middle when Minshew had some rhythm.

Panthers - 4th and 1 with Trick running play to sidelines instead sneaking with Newton.

Panthers' was worse: the shortest path to the endzone is forward. I can at least understand the logic behind trying to catch the Texans off-guard by giving the ball to their top 5 draft pick rather than the hot-handed 6th round rookie. It was a stupid decision, in my book, but at least there was some semblance of logic behind it. Panthers' decision didn't make any sense to me.

I was on the fire Marrone bus last week after his post-game comments re: Jack. This week he improved a bit with better discipline on the field. Of course, then you have Ramsey and Harrison throwing a hissy-fit on the sideline, so I'm not actually sure it was worthwhile improvement. So I'm still on the "fire Marrone" bus, especially with the horrific 2pt playcall. 

That said, I do need to buck the trend of criticizing Marrone for not challenging the Hopkins catch; I can't fault Marrone for not challenging. With how the game wound up going with ref calls, do we really believe the refs would have reversed the call? I'm of the opinion that the Jags had a better chance of losing a timeout and a challenge than winning that challenge. And I'm not sure the potential of getting the call reversed was really worth the risk of losing a challenge that early in the game. Sure it helped the Texans score 3 points, and sure the Jags wound up not needing 2 challenges anyway, but it was an early score and ideally you expect your team to be able to respond somehow. For instance, if Ramsey didn't drop his pick-6, we probably don't even care about the challenge at this point. Knowing the team couldn't make-up a FG in hindsight makes the no-challenge look worse than I think it really was.
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

Devil's advocate: Broncos just went for 2 after scoring to make it 12-13 with 30 seconds left....and got it.

Right call, wrong play imo

(09-15-2019, 06:45 PM)LMD Wrote: That said, I do need to buck the trend of criticizing Marrone for not challenging the Hopkins catch; I can't fault Marrone for not challenging. With how the game wound up going with ref calls, do we really believe the refs would have reversed the call? I'm of the opinion that the Jags had a better chance of losing a timeout and a challenge than winning that challenge. And I'm not sure the potential of getting the call reversed was really worth the risk of losing a challenge that early in the game. Sure it helped the Texans score 3 points, and sure the Jags wound up not needing 2 challenges anyway, but it was an early score and ideally you expect your team to be able to respond somehow. For instance, if Ramsey didn't drop his pick-6, we probably don't even care about the challenge at this point. Knowing the team couldn't make-up a FG in hindsight makes the no-challenge look worse than I think it really was.

At the risk of being beat up here, I agree with you. IMO, challenges need to be saved for key moments or in cases of egregious calls against you, not for whatever that was- a first down around the 50 in the early going? Go ahead, beat me up, I thought Baloney Marroni did the right thing there.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile