Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(09-16-2019, 09:58 PM)JackCity Wrote: I'd want to get away from a team that refuses to operate like a real franchise too

Agreed.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Time to start looking at the draft, Bryce hall or Kristian fulton

(09-16-2019, 10:03 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 09:44 PM)knarnn Wrote: Oakland and Chicago?

Chicago has some of the best corners in the league.

Not only that they are still paying for Khalil Mack.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Watching the Jags shows, the Jacksonville media just doesn't get Ramsey. Yes Ramsey talks trash, but for the most part he is not a distraction in the locker room. The guy wants to win, he isn't out there demanding a new contract like Yannick and holding out. He shows up and plays through injuries, doesn't complain about it. He is anything but AB. He wants to win and seeing what these coaches continue to do has just worn him down.

They also claimed that if they won, Ramsey and Moron would have been hugging after the game. I don't think so. I think this was the last straw with him. Unless Moron is gone, Ramsey will sit or retire.

Knowing you have no chance at winning going into a game makes it very hard to care and I don't think he can take it anymore.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(09-16-2019, 10:04 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 10:03 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Chicago has some of the best corners in the league.

Not only that they are still paying for Khalil Mack.

Ohhppf forgot about that. Hence the ?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-16-2019, 10:04 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Time to start looking at the draft, Bryce hall or Kristian fulton

God I thought those days of looking at the draft in September/October were over.

Shaking my head in dismay.

(09-16-2019, 10:02 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 09:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Jeez!

It never ends!!!   Wallbash Angry Sick 

A few thoughts...

This isn't the first time a player and a coach have butted heads, nor is it the first time a player has asked for a trade.  Heck, Staubach once asked for a trade.  Just because he hasks for the trade doesn't mean we have to accommodate him.

If it comes down to Ramsey or Marrone, at this point I keep Ramsey.

If the team trades Ramsey, I would call for a substantial if not complete rebuild-even though it may be inevitable anyway.  Without Ramsey, Campbell, Dareus, and maybe even Ngakoue, the defense would be unrecognizable and, barring another 2016 caliber draft haul, would be nowhere near as good.  Marrone has arguably lost the team, and Khan has said another losing season is not acceptable.  Take all the picks from the Ramsey haul and begin a complete rebuild.  The one thing that would give me pause under this scenario is we just signed Foles to a big contract.  While everyone seems enamored with Minshew, Foles is still the guy with the Super Bowl ring.

If Ramsey is upset with what he deems to be excessive use of zone, that is puzzling on a couple of levels.  First, I remember a radio interview he did within the last two years where he emphasized the importance of mixing up defenses.  Frangie specifically asked him if he wanted to play man all the time, and he repeatedly said it was important for defenses to mix up the coverages.  What changed between then and now?  Secondly, whether Ramsey is better in man or not, I don't see how many can find fault with the game plan yesterday.  They held a good offense to 13 points.  When you consider the 3-4 yard first down that Ramsey wanted to challenge that continued a drive that resulted in a FG, and the fumble in their own territory that gave the Texans a short field, the game plan the Jaguars employed could have surrendered only a FG. 

Assuming the team is entertaining offers, where do you think Ramsey goes?  I think the team that trades for Ramsey will be a team with one or more of the following traits:

1.  A contending team looking for that final piece to put them over the top (K.C?  N.E.?  Phi? Sea?)  I might include Dallas, but they have given up draft capital to get Cooper.  Not sure they will be in the mood to trade another high pick.

2.  A team with a lot of draft capital.  Even though Miami has accumulated a ton of draft capital, they are purging players left and right, including "troublemakers" and accumulating draft picks.  Though he could appeal to Miami-defensive coach, young, elite player at marquee position-I think a more likely spot would be Oakland.  They have the draft capital, will be in Vegas next year and should have a lot more cash on hand to be able to sign him, unlike when Mack wanted a new deal. Rumors are Ramsey said that is one of the teams for which he wants to play if he didn't re-sign here.

3.  A team with a defensive minded head coach-Detroit

4.  A coach with a mandate to win now or perhaps ready to make the move from rebuilding to playoff team.  That might include Washington or Atlanta, maybe even Detroit.

Well it wasn’t a rumor:

https://twitter.com/bussinwtb/status/117...70250?s=21

[url=https://twitter.com/bussinwtb/status/1173727796104970250?s=21][/url]He’s been posturing for a while now.

That video doesn't show the context of what he was asked though.

I watched that podcast (it was great btw) and they asked him, that if he was able to hit Free Agency and could pick anywhere he'd like to play, where would it be? He then said Nashville obviously because that's where he's from, or Vegas.

It was literally nothing and people were trying to make something out of it. People watched a 15 second clip with zero context and ran with it.

(09-16-2019, 09:54 PM)rfc17 Wrote: I'm tired of him. Too much friggin drama. I wouldnt be heartbroken in the slightest if we got rid of him. But I agree we should get Mack or Tunsil level trade in return.

Keep Yan, I'd give him what he wants. Hard worker, no drama, great effort, productive, etc... he is the type of player you overpay for. Jalen is too big of a distraction.

Get rid of the entire front office and coaching staff when the season is over. We need a completely fresh start.

Agree entirely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Minkah Fitzpatrick just gone to the Steelers

Minkah gone.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-tomorrow/

I wonder how many of these teams would be interested in Ramsey.

Is there a loser that has 2 first round picks to deal, they have a young "franchise" QB already, and need a cb

At least we're not the Jets.

Caldwell just found out Ramsey requested a trade.

(09-16-2019, 10:11 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 10:08 PM)Eric1 Wrote: That video doesn't show the context of what he was asked though.

I watched that podcast (it was great btw) and they asked him, that if he was able to hit Free Agency and could pick anywhere he'd like to play, where would it be? He then said Nashville obviously because that's where he's from, or Vegas.

It was literally nothing and people were trying to make something out of it. People watched a 15 second clip with zero context and ran with it.

https://twitter.com/jalenramsey/status/1...88768?s=21[/url]

That was right after the team put out reports that they were looking to trade him because this front office is stupid.

(09-16-2019, 10:08 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 10:05 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Watching the Jags shows, the Jacksonville media just doesn't get Ramsey. Yes Ramsey talks trash, but for the most part he is not a distraction in the locker room. The guy wants to win, he isn't out there demanding a new contract like Yannick and holding out. He shows up and plays through injuries, doesn't complain about it. He is anything but AB. He wants to win and seeing what these coaches continue to do has just worn him down.

They also claimed that if they won, Ramsey and Moron would have been hugging after the game. I don't think so. I think this was the last straw with him. Unless Moron is gone, Ramsey will sit or retire.

Knowing you have no chance at winning going into a game makes it very hard to care and I don't think he can take it anymore.

Did he not drop a guaranteed pick 6? He isn’t blame free here even going back to his play last year. 

He’s having a temper tantrum like my 1 year old when I take away the cookie he was eating.
It's not a tantrum though. This is 4 seasons with 1 terrible HC and 1 idiot who had a lucky season. If your boss never listened to you and ignored your advice, what would you do?

Would you continue to work there miserable every day you are there or would you look for another place to work? Then imagine you are one of the top 5 people in your industry. You would be stupid to stay and be miserable for another 2-3 years.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2019, 10:16 PM by knarnn.)

(09-16-2019, 10:14 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 10:11 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/jalenramsey/status/1...88768?s=21[/url]

That was right after the team put out reports that they were looking to trade him because this front office is stupid.

Quote: "I've said multiple times, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again that I want to play for one team my whole career,"

"If that's what people want to do or if that's how people feel, then it's certain people, like y'all going to miss ... we bring some good things," Ramsey said. "And, yeah, we slipped up here recently. Not executed and played like we know we can. But, like whoever, the fake fans, if y'all [the media], whoever, if y'all want to jump ship, then, look, it is what it is.

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Steelers grabbed Fitzpatrick from Miami for a 1st.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."