Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(09-17-2019, 11:15 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 11:14 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: They should go hand in hand since Jalen is a Jaguar.
You're correct, they should. Someone should tell Jalen that.

He already knows that, otherwise he wouldn't be acting out. Pretty easy to figure that one out.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-17-2019, 11:12 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 11:05 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Are you shocked?

I really shouldn't be by now, the jarring thing is people still side with one of the worst franchises in football

It isn't a black and white issue. You don't have to "side with the franchise" to see the writing on the wall with Ramsey. You maximize what you can get out of him and you move on, and hope you have someone besides Caldwell making those picks you acquire.

(09-17-2019, 10:54 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 10:44 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Ramsey isn't a diva like AB or Bell though. He isn't being a distraction in the locker room anymore. He doesn't really talk during the season. He does the stupid crap in the offseason (the whole armored truck was purely for Adidas sponsorship).
He's a distraction. You can clearly see that from Sunday's loss with the altercation on the sideline with Marrone.

He's always been outspoken. He's taken jabs at this coaching staff before. He hasn't been a distraction in a sense where he's not showing up to meetings or practices... yet.

That could all begin to slowly change as they continue to prod along this season with him probably still aiming for a way out of here.

Brown's antics with the Raiders was just a tipping point for other out spoken players to potentially follow suit. Time will tell as it usually does.

But again, I just can't see this team holding onto Ramsey in 2020 after this being made public. Whether or not Marrone is retained or Coughlin and Caldwell are retained remains to be seen. Still 14 games left to prove that everything they're doing makes sense.

Winning cures all.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yea.... except no. Jalen was such a distraction that the defense let Houston score *checks notes* 13 whole points! That's including a TD on an 11 yard drive after a fumble.

Despite what some are saying, some of us siding with Jalen want the Jags to win badly. Trading away an elite talent in their prime and then hoping you find another elite talent at that same position in the draft is a bad move. It didn't work out for the Raiders and Mack. It's not working out for the Giants. 

This is a front office issue and not a Jalen Ramsey issue. The FO has been so inept that some of the players can't take it anymore. I don't blame them one bit. If you were in a bad work environment, would you just stay because that's what your elder statesmen would do? Or would you try to better your situation?

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 11:20 AM by JackCity.)

(09-17-2019, 11:15 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 11:12 AM)JackCity Wrote: I really shouldn't be by now, the jarring thing is people still side with one of the worst franchises in football

What I find remarkable is the number of “fans” who think the team is trash yet still bother to post on its fan forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That doesn't even make any sense. 

I love the Jags, which is why I still spend a ton of time talking ,watching and following them despite them being bad most of the time.

I have to fly to a different country to see them play, you think I do that so I can pretend to be a Jacksonville Jaguars fan? Lol

Just curious. If they fire Marrone will Jalen be present at interviews to approve the new hire? Same with the D-coordinator? I heard he didn't quite like the shade of Teal in the unis. Should he be allowed to dictate a new equipment manager? Buuuuwwwaaaaa!!!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-17-2019, 11:15 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 11:12 AM)JackCity Wrote: I really shouldn't be by now, the jarring thing is people still side with one of the worst franchises in football

What I find remarkable is the number of “fans” who think the team is trash yet still bother to post on its fan forum.

Wait. So we can't think the Jags are trash and still be a fan? Do you think the Jags are good?

(09-17-2019, 11:02 AM)JackCity Wrote: More likely he's going to apologize for the Doug scuffle and say to concentrate on this week's game. While also acknowledging the trade request.

They aren't giving him the podium to do anything else, and they especially aren't gonna trot out other coaches after him if that was the case.

(09-17-2019, 10:51 AM)knarnn Wrote: The thing is they changed and catered the defense for Ramsey and he still [BLEEP] and moans. There is no pleasing King Ramsey.

They made small changes in 2018 but still mostly ran the same coverage patterns for the corners. 

Washs strength isn't in secondary , and everyone knows it.

So what exactly does this mean? He gets a free pass to provide his 0.02 cent?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-17-2019, 11:19 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Just curious. If they fire Marrone will Jalen be present at interviews to approve the new hire? Same with the D-coordinator? I heard he didn't quite like the shade of Teal in the unis. Should he be allowed to dictate a new equipment manager? Buuuuwwwaaaaa!!!

You're a clown just like Rico. 

No sense in your posts either. BUUUUUWWWAAAAA whatever the [BLEEP] that means.

(09-17-2019, 11:20 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 11:15 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: What I find remarkable is the number of “fans” who think the team is trash yet still bother to post on its fan forum.

Wait. So we can't think the Jags are trash and still be a fan? Do you think the Jags are good?

What part of the team exactly do you believe is trash. We know you don't think it's Jalen, so what part. Front Office?, Offense?, just the coaches?

(09-17-2019, 11:16 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote:

Seriously. Back in the Bradley days nobody in their right mind would be on the teams side over Jalen's and now look, it's absolute insanity. 

I can't understand nor will I ever. The best player on the team is being voted off and for what? Marrone? So we're going to cast out our best player to keep the same results which will probably have more players jumping on Jalen's side and wanting out?

Myself and others are ready to be rid of both Ramsey and Marrone.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-17-2019, 11:24 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 11:19 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Just curious. If they fire Marrone will Jalen be present at interviews to approve the new hire? Same with the D-coordinator? I heard he didn't quite like the shade of Teal in the unis. Should he be allowed to dictate a new equipment manager? Buuuuwwwaaaaa!!!

You're a clown just like Rico. 

No sense in your posts either. BUUUUUWWWAAAAA whatever the [BLEEP] that means.

Answer the question dude. Are you going to allow The almighty Jalen to make the hires? Yes or no?

(09-17-2019, 11:14 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 11:12 AM)Jagwired Wrote: No whine, Just" Spiitin Facts" Buuuwwwwaaaaa!!!

They should go hand in hand since Jalen is a Jaguar.

Some are Jalen Fans First, others are Jags Fans First. 

I'm just tired of coaches trying to shove round pegs into square holes. You devise plays that cater to the player's strengths, not force players to play against their natural talent. 

Jalen obviously plays better man-to-man but is thrown into zone quite often. Fournette obviously gains more yards when passed the ball yet they're constantly shoving him up the middle. This happens all over the team. If a coaching staff isn't willing to game plan to the strength of the players then they need to move on. I can understand why the players are pissed.

(09-17-2019, 11:26 AM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 11:16 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: Seriously. Back in the Bradley days nobody in their right mind would be on the teams side over Jalen's and now look, it's absolute insanity. 

I can't understand nor will I ever. The best player on the team is being voted off and for what? Marrone? So we're going to cast out our best player to keep the same results which will probably have more players jumping on Jalen's side and wanting out?

Myself and others are ready to be rid of both Ramsey and Marrone.

Yeah we know others are ready to be rid of the best talent on the roster. Doesn't make it the right move. It's been pointed out endless times so me saying again how he wouldn't act like this if the coaching and above wasn't as inept as it currently is doesn't really mean anything, but I surely hope they hang on to the kid and make other changes. Can't replace him with a draft pick that you're not going to end up getting the same value from. Doesn't compute. They could get 2 1st round picks from him and still not get the same value which is more likely the case that's going to happen. Someone needs to speak up on this team.

(09-17-2019, 11:24 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 11:20 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wait. So we can't think the Jags are trash and still be a fan? Do you think the Jags are good?

What part of the team exactly do you believe is trash. We know you don't think it's Jalen, so what part. Front Office?, Offense?, just the coaches?
HC, TC, Offensive line, linebackers, DC.... That's just off the top of my head.

This organization is so poorly run and has made bad decisions time and time again. Trading Jalen would just be added to a list which includes:

1. Hiring TC
2. Drafting Bortles (natural lefty but played QB right handed. Brilliant)
3. Extending Blake Bortles
4. Drafting Fournette because you're doubling down on Blake. 
5. Drafting Taven Bryan when guard and TE were of much greater need and the talent at guard and TE was greater than Bryan. 
6. Not paying Yan when he deserves it more than anyone
7. Signing Moncrief and Lee instead of ARob
8. Hiring Marrone but keeping all of Bradleys staff
9. Signing Nick Foles because you're in a win now mode instead of preparing for the future.

What part of this team do you think is not trash? I hope you're ready for another rebuild because it's coming.

Odd that so many are trying to turn this into a "Jalen" or "Jaguars" black and white issue.

In an ideal world we'd all love to the Jags coaches make better adjustments and Jalen not behave like a child over a challenge protocol not going his way.

But we've got dual negative situations here.

A - The coaches aren't doing a good enough job.
B - An individual player jeopardizing what's left of locker room morale/unity by throwing fits

It's OK not to like how either of these things is playing out.
Do I think Jalen is justified in wanting to play for better coaches. Yeah, I get that.
Do I think throwing that fit in Houston and demanding a trade is the wrong way to handle it. Yes, I believe that too.

(09-17-2019, 11:27 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 11:14 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: They should go hand in hand since Jalen is a Jaguar.

Some are Jalen Fans First, others are Jags Fans First. 

I'm just tired of coaches trying to shove round pegs into square holes. You devise plays that cater to the player's strengths, not force players to play against their natural talent. 

Jalen obviously plays better man-to-man but is thrown into zone quite often. Fournette obviously gains more yards when passed the ball yet they're constantly shoving him up the middle. This happens all over the team. If a coaching staff isn't willing to game plan to the strength of the players then they need to move on. I can understand why the players are pissed.

Exactly. I'd be willing to bet if you'd ask the players whether they want Jalen to be gone the majority would be a very obvious no. 

The coaching here is inept and if you took the talent across the board with a top 5 coach in the league they'd be winning the Super Bowl easily, just like they should have back in 2017. So why should we get rid of the talent over making coaching changes? Because of how it's being done? Sorry but that's ridiculous. Ramsey is elite all pro and yeah that doesn't mean he can do what he wants but man he has been here for a minute and hasn't caused this much of a stir so how bout instead of casting him out we do something about about it.

(09-17-2019, 11:24 AM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 11:02 AM)JackCity Wrote: More likely he's going to apologize for the Doug scuffle and say to concentrate on this week's game. While also acknowledging the trade request.

They aren't giving him the podium to do anything else, and they especially aren't gonna trot out other coaches after him if that was the case.

They made small changes in 2018 but still mostly ran the same coverage patterns for the corners. 

Washs strength isn't in secondary , and everyone knows it.

So what exactly does this mean? He gets a free pass to provide his 0.02 cent?

No, it means the top DCs put their players in the best position to succeed. Wash hasn't consistently done that, and has been called out for it by multiple DBs , analysts and fans. 

Which part of this are you struggling with?

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 11:36 AM by p_rushing.)

Lageman is in full protect the Jags mode today.

How do these guys not see that Ramsey wants to win? He cannot stand losing.

(09-17-2019, 11:31 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Odd that so many are trying to turn this into a "Jalen" or "Jaguars" black and white issue.

In an ideal world we'd all love to the Jags coaches make better adjustments and Jalen not behave like a child over a challenge protocol not going his way.  

But we've got dual negative situations here.

A -  The coaches aren't doing a good enough job.
B -  An individual player jeopardizing what's left of locker room morale/unity by throwing fits

It's OK not to like how either of these things is playing out.
Do I think Jalen is justified in wanting to play for better coaches. Yeah, I get that.
Do I think throwing that fit in Houston and demanding a trade is the wrong way to handle it. Yes, I believe that too.

Yep both are wrong. The issue is no one is holding the coaches accountable. I end up on Jalen's side because of that.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 11:38 AM by JackCity.)

And like I said, the scheme thing isn't a big issue if the Jags are a competent franchise and winning games, none of this is!

So even though Ramsey was dumb for getting upset about a call, him wanting out of the franchise is completely justified. He doesn't just want out for any one single thing.

If the jags were doing everything right and winning games and Ramsey wanted out then sure, we could say "the Jags did everything right and he still wanted out, [BLEEP] him" but that's not the case at all.

(09-17-2019, 11:34 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Lageman is in full protect the Jags mode today.

How do these guys not see that Ramsey wants to win? He cannot stand losing.

As much as I like Lageman he has a tendency to tow the line in these situations. 

I actually appreciate his insight at times on stuff like this but he's definitely going to go into "protect" mode when a player is speaking/acting out about staff disagreements.  He's old-school and he works for the Jags.