Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(09-17-2019, 03:47 PM)jagshype Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 03:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: You're glossing over the competition that the Jags faced in 2017. Mariota x2, Brisettx2 on a terrible Colts team, Savagex2, Flacco, McCown, Dalton, Gabbert... I mean it was set up beautifully to win 10 games.

2018. Held Opponents to 20 or less 9 times.
2017. Held Opponents to 20 or less 11 times. 

It's actually remarkable how well the defense played last season given how awful the Jags offense was last year.

Poz was a great leader. No doubt. But to say the 2017 defense was good because of him is just not true.

what an awful scheme.
The scheme actually isn't very good but the players are.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-17-2019, 03:46 PM)Kane Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 03:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Please no to TC being in charge. The game has passed him by.

Indeed.

Everyone is like "TC will look for new coach." or "TC will be interim coach"....

He showed up and we immediately drafted an out of date style RB, passed on "athletic/mobile/air raid" QBs, extended a lost cause "project", drafted a few meh players and essentially mishandled much of our star players contract situations.

TC needs to go just as much as Caldwell, Marrone, and Wash.

Agreed, but that makes too much sense, so it won't happen. We never do the sensible thing.

(09-17-2019, 03:47 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 03:42 PM)Kane Wrote: That is pretty much the worst possible outcome imo

I 110% agree, but it fits with the way things happen around here. I don't see any good outcome to this thing. Ramsey is the heart of the secondary. He makes other DB's around him better than they are. I believe the secondary falls apart if he's not out there. It's obvious, he no longer wants to be here. We could get a haul for him. Marrone has completely lost this team. He has to go. As much as I want TC gone too, I just don't see it happening. I believe he is Khan's "right hand man" for the long haul.

I see a scenario where the coach staff is clearly at fault for a loss on TNF where the D plays well and the offense is good enough for a win.
In such a scenario TC cuts Dougie Fresh, Flip is named interim, and he in turns relieves Wash of his duties as DC. Calling up to DC Capers perhaps.

The team turns it around playing a much more aggressive scheme on both sides of the ball. (More passing early on offense, more man/blitz scheme under Capers)

Wishful thinking perhaps... but hey, it could happen.

[Image: 3atezr.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 03:56 PM by jagshype.)

(09-17-2019, 03:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 03:47 PM)jagshype Wrote: what an awful scheme.
The scheme actually isn't very good but the players are.

So a little credit to the staff that brought in those good players?

(09-17-2019, 03:55 PM)Brett Wrote:
[Image: 3atezr.jpg]

Aside from what seems like a fluke year in 2017... not much has changed, eh?

I take that back... this team has 100% more talent from the early Gus years...
it should be light years ahead of his teams...

Lots has changed on this roster yet results are much the same.
Marrone, Caldwell, and Wash were here when Gus was here. Perhaps the only remaining constants from that era should be gone too?

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 04:03 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-17-2019, 03:54 PM)Kane Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 03:47 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I 110% agree, but it fits with the way things happen around here. I don't see any good outcome to this thing. Ramsey is the heart of the secondary. He makes other DB's around him better than they are. I believe the secondary falls apart if he's not out there. It's obvious, he no longer wants to be here. We could get a haul for him. Marrone has completely lost this team. He has to go. As much as I want TC gone too, I just don't see it happening. I believe he is Khan's "right hand man" for the long haul.

I see a scenario where the coach staff is clearly at fault for a loss on TNF where the D plays well and the offense is good enough for a win.
In such a scenario TC cuts Dougie Fresh, Flip is named interim, and he in turns relieves Wash of his duties as DC. Calling up to DC Capers perhaps.

The team turns it around playing a much more aggressive scheme on both sides of the ball. (More passing early on offense, more man/blitz scheme under Capers)

Wishful thinking perhaps... but hey, it could happen.

I sincerely hope you are right, but the realists in me thinks there is zero percent chance of that happening.

ESPN is reporting that the Eagles are looking into trading for Ramsey. I let them know right away that any deal they wanna make has to include either Zach Ertz or Dallas Goedert and picks.

The only good outcome is for the Jags to trade him for either 2 first round picks or a 1st rounder and excellent player like Goeddert or Trent Williams. Absolutely nothing less! If the Jags need to throw in a 4th rounder to consummate this deal, that's the least I would accept. If Ramsay is as great as he and his agent believe, they will be able to find a team who will bite. Most teams will decline because of the eventual negativity he will create in their locker room. If that didn't matter, why did T.O. get traded so many times? His skill-set as a wide receiver was equal to what Ramsey is now.

What happens if nobody accepts this deal right now? The Jags need to remain patient until a desperate team steps forward. I believe someone will step up prior to the trade deadline at the end of October. They should play him since the better he plays, the better chance a team will step forward. I do believe he will play hard since it's in his nature.

(09-17-2019, 03:43 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Prediction: he'll stay right here, be re-signed. Team will probably finish near or below .500 which will be enough to get Marrone (and possibly Caldwell fired).  Ramsey and Ngokue will be re-signed in the offseason, but Campbell, Dareus and Bouye will be cut.

This would be best case scenario unless someone antes up two 1st.   How did it get this bad?   

Worked w/ his Dad on their training academy in Nashville.  Thought he was a good guy.  He did asked us to give him equipment in exchange for JR20 endorsement/advertising.  We passed.

https://twitter.com/diannaespn/status/11...51232?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I would want a 1, 2-3 and a STARTING player (preferably TE or CB). If the Eagles wanna give a one, 3rd, and Goedert? Signed, sealed, take him.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Asked the wife for a trade. Told her "I just wanna win". She said she's looking for two doctors or one doctor and three lawyers in trade.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

If Jalen is so good and the best, at a premium position. Why cant we get 2 1sts?

If the Jaguars are smart, they don't trade him away unless it's a REALLY good deal.  The problem is that a team trading for him is going to have to give up high draft picks (relatively) as well as pay him what he wants.  I would be surprised if a team is willing to that (though I shouldn't really be).

From the press conference it appeared to me that he was making a half [BLEEP] attempt to calm the situation a bit and supposedly "not be a distraction".  Like it or not it is a distraction.  Just from his body language and the responses that he gave it appears (to me) that he isn't happy with the organization as a whole.  It could be coaching and/or it could be the way that players are/are not getting paid.  I tend to think that it's partly both.  It's about the money and it's about winning.

I would keep him, play him and keep him on a tight leash.  Any more drama then just bench his [BLEEP].  This isn't the NBA.  Whether he likes it or not the team owns the rights to his services for this season as well as next right now.  Like it or not the team is holding the cards right now.

As far as getting rid of coaching staff... you don't do it just because one player is unhappy.  I agree with most in that if we don't have good results by the bye week we should look at a change.  With that being said, you don't fire your head coach or anyone else for that matter after week 2 or 3 in a season.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-17-2019, 03:46 PM)Kane Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 03:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Please no to TC being in charge. The game has passed him by.

Indeed.

Everyone is like "TC will look for new coach." or "TC will be interim coach"....

He showed up and we immediately drafted an out of date style RB, passed on "athletic/mobile/air raid" QBs, extended a lost cause "project", drafted a few meh players and essentially mishandled much of our star players contract situations.

For the last time. Coughlin isn't the [BLEEP] GM. Coughlin didn't draft Fournette, Caldwell did.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 04:24 PM by JackCity.)

(09-17-2019, 04:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Jalen is so good and the best, at a premium position.  Why cant we get 2 1sts?

Because they also have to give him a record setting contract + he can effectively say no to any team he doesn't want to play for. 

Contending teams make the most sense...but they also have the least amount of cap and their picks are worse, thus making a deal hard. 

Cmon use that noggin of yours.

(09-17-2019, 04:22 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 03:46 PM)Kane Wrote: Indeed.

For the last time. Coughlin isn't the [BLEEP] GM. Coughlin didn't draft Fournette, Caldwell did.

It's a collaborative effort with Tom having final say. We've been through this hundreds of times.

(09-17-2019, 04:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Jalen is so good and the best, at a premium position.  Why cant we get 2 1sts?

Cuz, you don't need an elite cb to win a Super Bowl.  Elite QB and a OT, and elite pass rushers get 2 1's.

He might be the most talented player in Jaguars ever had. What do you expect to get in return for giving up someone like that?

(09-17-2019, 04:26 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: He might be the most talented player in Jaguars ever had. What do you expect to get in return for giving up someone like that?
one first round pick from a terrible team will suffice.

Who says we can't? Teams aren't gonna offer that right away. They're gonna see if they can call our bluff to get him cheaper. We just need to be patient and prove we are serious about our price. It'll come. We cannot rush things or else we'll get screwed.