Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

I think I read a previous post that if he is traded he can turn the trade down.  Is this correct...can he refuse the trade?  If so, this is news to me.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-17-2019, 04:33 PM)jagman Wrote: I think I read a previous post that if he is traded he can turn the trade down.  Is this correct...can he refuse the trade?  If so, this is news to me.

Yes, if it is stated in his contract.

(09-17-2019, 04:21 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: If the Jaguars are smart, they don't trade him away unless it's a REALLY good deal.  The problem is that a team trading for him is going to have to give up high draft picks (relatively) as well as pay him what he wants.  I would be surprised if a team is willing to that (though I shouldn't really be).

From the press conference it appeared to me that he was making a half [BLEEP] attempt to calm the situation a bit and supposedly "not be a distraction".  Like it or not it is a distraction.  Just from his body language and the responses that he gave it appears (to me) that he isn't happy with the organization as a whole.  It could be coaching and/or it could be the way that players are/are not getting paid.  I tend to think that it's partly both.  It's about the money and it's about winning.

I would keep him, play him and keep him on a tight leash.  Any more drama then just bench his [BLEEP].  This isn't the NBA.  Whether he likes it or not the team owns the rights to his services for this season as well as next right now.  Like it or not the team is holding the cards right now.

As far as getting rid of coaching staff... you don't do it just because one player is unhappy.  I agree with most in that if we don't have good results by the bye week we should look at a change.  With that being said, you don't fire your head coach or anyone else for that matter after week 2 or 3 in a season.

We wouldn't. It would be because of a mixture of what happened last season and the first 2 or 3 games this season combined. Marrone and his staff need to go immediately.

(09-17-2019, 01:58 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: All this drama is making my head spin ....please guys....just play football and WIN!

What were you doing during the almost 2 decades of bottom tier finishes with nobodies on the team?
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(09-17-2019, 04:33 PM)jagman Wrote: I think I read a previous post that if he is traded he can turn the trade down.  Is this correct...can he refuse the trade?  If so, this is news to me.

He can decide to not report to the team trading him thus nixing the trade. Unlikely as it rarely happens, and Ramsey would be in essence turning down the contract extension he so badly wants, but it’s a possibility.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-17-2019, 04:29 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 04:26 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: He might be the most talented player in Jaguars ever had. What do you expect to get in return for giving up someone like that?
one first round pick from a terrible team will suffice.

That would be a terrible deal! We'd just use that pick to try and find Ramsey's replacement. It's like getting rid of a really good player, to gamble and maybe find his replacement of an equal value. That's the kind of moves that get people fired. If this is all we got, I'd riot!

(09-17-2019, 04:23 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 04:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Jalen is so good and the best, at a premium position.  Why cant we get 2 1sts?

Because they also have to give him a record setting contract + he can effectively say no to any team he doesn't want to play for. 

Contending teams make the most sense...but they also have the least amount of cap and their picks are worse, thus making a deal hard. 

Cmon use that noggin of yours.

(09-17-2019, 04:22 PM)DragonFury Wrote: For the last time. Coughlin isn't the [BLEEP] GM. Coughlin didn't draft Fournette, Caldwell did.

It's a collaborative effort with Tom having final say. We've been through this hundreds of times.

Bears and Texans both gave more than that for Tunsil and Mack.  Both had to get the big contract as well and neither went to a contender.  Cmon man keep up

(09-17-2019, 04:39 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 04:29 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: one first round pick from a terrible team will suffice.

That would be a terrible deal! We'd just use that pick to try and find Ramsey's replacement. It's like getting rid of a really good player, to gamble and maybe find his replacement of an equal value. That's the kind of moves that get people fired. If this is all we got, I'd riot!

Or the gamble which the draft is,  the pick could turn into a elite franchise QB which supersedes an elite cb.   Trevor Lawrence.  Chaaammmmppiiiooonnsshhiipppp

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 04:49 PM by JackCity.)

(09-17-2019, 04:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 04:23 PM)JackCity Wrote: Because they also have to give him a record setting contract + he can effectively say no to any team he doesn't want to play for. 

Contending teams make the most sense...but they also have the least amount of cap and their picks are worse, thus making a deal hard. 

Cmon use that noggin of yours.

It's a collaborative effort with Tom having final say. We've been through this hundreds of times.

Bears and Texans both gave more than that for Tunsil and Mack.  Both had to get the big contract as well and neither went to a contender.  Cmon man keep up

The Texans consider themselves contenders and so did the Bears front office when they traded for Mack. BOB is getting fired after this year unless they put it together and he's the GM. Both teams had plenty of cap space too.

Also, Macks deal took a lot longer than a week to do. 

You continually don't know what you're talking about

(09-17-2019, 04:21 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: If the Jaguars are smart, they don't trade him away unless it's a REALLY good deal.  The problem is that a team trading for him is going to have to give up high draft picks (relatively) as well as pay him what he wants.  I would be surprised if a team is willing to that (though I shouldn't really be).

From the press conference it appeared to me that he was making a half [BLEEP] attempt to calm the situation a bit and supposedly "not be a distraction".  Like it or not it is a distraction.  Just from his body language and the responses that he gave it appears (to me) that he isn't happy with the organization as a whole.  It could be coaching and/or it could be the way that players are/are not getting paid.  I tend to think that it's partly both.  It's about the money and it's about winning.

I would keep him, play him and keep him on a tight leash.  Any more drama then just bench his [BLEEP].  This isn't the NBA.  Whether he likes it or not the team owns the rights to his services for this season as well as next right now.  Like it or not the team is holding the cards right now.

As far as getting rid of coaching staff... you don't do it just because one player is unhappy.  I agree with most in that if we don't have good results by the bye week we should look at a change.  With that being said, you don't fire your head coach or anyone else for that matter after week 2 or 3 in a season.
He keeps commenting that Yan should be paid, well he was offered a contract of 19 million and that was a very fair number. He wanted a longer contract and refused the deal. So it is not like the team did not try to sign him and give him a contract that was fair money wise.  He is trying to make himself look good by seeming like he wants his teammate paid. It's not about Yan it's all about himself and he does not want to play for the team anymore.  The reason why is all speculation and rumor.  If I had to guess he is unhappy with the coaching staff.

Should we play Ramsey when we are trying to trade him, and risk him getting injured?

Should we just put him on ice until we get him traded?

(09-17-2019, 05:02 PM)dennisp3 Wrote:   He is trying to make himself look good by seeming like he wants his teammate paid. It's not about Yan it's all about himself and he does not want to play for the team anymore. 

Yeah, make himself look like robin hood.  They need to just cut him. Let him join the Patriots like everybody wants to.

(09-17-2019, 04:48 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 04:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Bears and Texans both gave more than that for Tunsil and Mack.  Both had to get the big contract as well and neither went to a contender.  Cmon man keep up

The Texans consider themselves contenders and so did the Bears front office when they traded for Mack. BOB is getting fired after this year unless they put it together and he's the GM. Both teams had plenty of cap space too.

Also, Macks deal took a lot longer than a week to do. 

You continually don't know what you're talking about

lol, i just debunked your post.  If the Bears and Texans see themselfs as contenders at least half the teams in the league do.  And where did i say how long Macks deal took?  Tunsil hasnt even gotten a deal yet but they still traded for him  Once again you dont know what you're talking about.   But of course you didnt even get the point of my post.  If teams feel Ramsey is as good as he thinks he is teams will give the 2 1sts for a guy like that at a premium position

The Tunsil deal was ridiculed by literally everyone as a major blunder by a team without a GM and a HC that is on the hot seat. We can't expect another team to make a disastrous decision like that.

(09-17-2019, 04:25 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 04:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Jalen is so good and the best, at a premium position.  Why cant we get 2 1sts?

Cuz, you don't need an elite cb to win a Super Bowl.  Elite QB and a OT, and elite pass rushers get 2 1's.

I value QB, Tackle and pass rusher over CB for sure, but the pats DAMN sure needed an elite QB to get past the Jags in that 2017 AFC championship game.  Westbrook scores and puts it away if Gilmore doesn't make a great play on that slightly underthrown pass from Bortles on 4th down.

(09-17-2019, 05:15 PM)Upper Wrote: The Tunsil deal was ridiculed by literally everyone as a major blunder by a team without a GM and a HC that is on the hot seat. We can't expect another team to make a disastrous decision like that.

Reasonable take. 

I could see a first rounder, mid-rounder and a "solid" player at a position of need getting it done.

(09-17-2019, 04:37 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 01:58 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: All this drama is making my head spin ....please guys....just play football and WIN!

What were you doing during the almost 2 decades of bottom tier finishes with nobodies on the team?

Same as you if you've been a Jaguar's fan since the start like I have.....
been cheering the good , booing the bad and crying about the ugly.
as fans what else can we do?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 05:29 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-17-2019, 05:15 PM)Upper Wrote: The Tunsil deal was ridiculed by literally everyone as a major blunder by a team without a GM and a HC that is on the hot seat. We can't expect another team to make a disastrous decision like that.

So you're saying if a team traded 2 1sts for Ramsey it would be a major blunder and a disastrous decision?

(09-17-2019, 05:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

So you're saying if a team traded 2 1sts for Ramsey it would be a major blunder and a disastrous decision?

Is Ramsey spelled T-U-N-S-I-L ?

(09-17-2019, 05:02 PM)dennisp3 Wrote:

He keeps commenting that Yan should be paid, well he was offered a contract of 19 million and that was a very fair number. He wanted a longer contract and refused the deal. So it is not like the team did not try to sign him and give him a contract that was fair money wise.  He is trying to make himself look good by seeming like he wants his teammate paid. It's not about Yan it's all about himself and he does not want to play for the team anymore.  The reason why is all speculation and rumor.  If I had to guess he is unhappy with the coaching staff.

That's fair.  However, I tend to think that it goes beyond the coaching/schemes.  I'm starting to think that it's all about the money and the fame.  I agree with you the most in that it's all about him and nothing more.  He can pay the "lip service" all he wants regarding his current teammates.  In the end though it's all about him and I think that it probably has more to do with the money/contract situation.

The bottom line here is that Jalen is putting himself before the team.  His teammates will support him because they want him to get what is best for him (nothing wrong with that).  However, like it or not he has become a distraction and a problem.  The team and the organisation as a whole should not cave to him.

I think that the coaches/coordinators should still use him as they have been.  If he doesn't perform and/or "takes plays off" or "doesn't do the job he is assigned" then bench him.  I doubt that he would do that only because it would hurt his chances of either getting the "payday" that he wants or getting a trade.

The best solution to this whole drama would be for the organization to work a deal for not only Yan, but also Ramsey long term.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I came back to this post after giving it some thought and here is my conclusion....

[BLEEP] Jalen Ramsey . Dude is a [BLEEP] who blew up this week and the titans are going to steamroll the Jags again because he is a prima Donna punk [BLEEP] mother [BLEEP].
[Image: giphy.gif]