Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 03:43 PM by Jagwired.)

(09-18-2019, 03:39 PM)jagman Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 03:26 PM)Jagwired Wrote: https://twitter.com/JohnOehser/status/11...0732082176

If this is true then he is not going to be traded.

Not necessarily. Khan might be of the mind to play him until such time the trade value is what they want. Khan is probably damned tired of paying people that are no longer working.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He's not going anywhere. I think teams are afraid that he might be lockerroom poison. The season will play out - either Jags do well, in which case everyone's happy, or the team will fall flat and Doug will be fired--making Jalen happy.

The problem will work itself out

Of course you play him. It's gonna be epic. Best game of the year.

(09-18-2019, 02:54 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 02:49 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: One thing Jalen was very clear about, he didn't leak it and none of his 'people' did. He seemed to make a real point that it wasn't from him.

Now obviously he could be lying, but someone leaked it to Schefter. If that was from the franchise then its them who should be blamed for all this blowing up in the media.
Shefter has reaffirmed that it came from Sweet Jalens camp.

I understood it as after it was leaked, Shefter confirmed it with Jalen's camp. I haven't reading anything about where the initial leak came from. 

I figured that the Jags or the agent was "shopping" Jalen to see what the interest or likely offers would be, and one or some of those teams started talking.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 04:28 PM by TheeKB.)

Not sure why there’s even a question as to what to do here... like Rome said, “keep the pro bowl players or the sub 500 coach?” (Paraphrasing a sports personality I don’t really give two cents about here but who has a valid point).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(09-18-2019, 12:32 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 06:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: No matter the outcome, the key here is making sure Caldwell isn't the one drafting with those picks or it is moot.

I'd like to see Caldwell and Marrone both gone. Ditch the fancy three-tiered heirarchy and make it abundantly clear that Coughlin is running the show. He hires the new HC, the HC reports to him. Coughlin is responsible for the draft and FA. He is the GM, even if his title remains EVP. He came in stuck with Bortles, Caldwell and Marrone. Give him a shot to find a coach that can build an offense around what is still a very talented defense. Maybe Flip is that guy, maybe it's time to just wipe the floor clean and go after someone outside the organization.

Or maybe the rest of this season makes it apparent that Coughlin is standing there pouring gas on the dumpster fire while going off on Caldwell and whoever the interim HC is for not putting it out. In that case, clean house. I wish the Jags would've cleaned house after firing Bradley instead of doing another soft reboot.

(09-17-2019, 08:54 PM)jj82284 Wrote: No way he gets traded. No one is going to part with 2 1sts for a corner.

Belichick doing so wouldn't shock me, given that (1.) his will be 32 and 32 and (2.) if you put Jalen Ramsey in that secondary, nothing's keeping them from winning it all this year, and that might be enough for him to not even be around for the two missing firsts.

(09-17-2019, 10:39 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: I just read KC is the most likely destination. They are thinking about a possible AFC Championship Game vs the Pats and AB. Their secondary is the only real weak point, though they played well against the Raiders.

With KC expected to be a top team for as many years as they have Mahomes at QB, any KC draft pick would likely be in the high 20's. They will need to pony up the full price of 2 #1s or start putting together a package of players and picks.

I hate the idea of sending Ramsey to an AFC team that's going to be a playoff fixture for at least a few years. I'd rather see him go to an NFC team or an AFC bottom-dweller that thinks he's the missing piece.

Dilly! Dilly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(09-18-2019, 03:26 PM)Jagwired Wrote: https://twitter.com/JohnOehser/status/11...0732082176

But if we are letting him shadow the best player on the other team now, does that mean he has to shadow and tackle D Henry?

(09-18-2019, 03:42 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: He's not going anywhere. I think teams are afraid that he might be lockerroom poison. The season will play out - either Jags do well, in which case everyone's happy, or the team will fall flat and Doug will be fired--making Jalen happy.

The Chiefs could cash their ticket to the SB if they traded for him IMO.  But even they decided that they wouldn't make a move because, "the locker room is good right now".  So I do think GMs and teams are well aware that Ramsey is a lot of Extra.

(09-18-2019, 04:34 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 03:42 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: He's not going anywhere. I think teams are afraid that he might be lockerroom poison. The season will play out - either Jags do well, in which case everyone's happy, or the team will fall flat and Doug will be fired--making Jalen happy.

The Chiefs could cash their ticket to the SB if they traded for him IMO.  But even they decided that they wouldn't make a move because, "the locker room is good right now".  So I do think GMs and teams are well aware that Ramsey is a lot of Extra.

Bull. They're just trying to drive down the price.

(09-18-2019, 02:44 PM)scottyg Wrote: The thing that bothers me as much as anything with this is that Jalen keeps talking about his brothers and saying he's trying to be a good team-mate.  But asking to be traded is the equivalent of abandoning them all.

Wrong. You must not understand the concept of family. I wouldn't want my brother to hate his job. I'd want him to find happiness elsewhere. Which I feel his teammates are the same. They are also adults and men. They know they are responsible for their performance on the field. They like Jalen but they are players too who want to do well if he's there or not. You seem to be the one who feels abandoned. Look to the FO to take responsibility for that.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(09-18-2019, 12:37 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 12:25 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: Love the Bussin with the Boys shoutout Big Grin

Love the Roid suspension better. Smile

Haha fair play. We’ll still be running Henry off the left side though.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

I think something happens on Friday .... Moron is fired. The team has no business letting him talk to the media if it wasn't worked out beforehand. He looked way to happy, like he knew a secret but couldn't tell us. He basically said I love everyone, etc but never mentions the coaching as he just ignores it or says not going to say anything.

Something had to happen before he did the press conference and he didn't talk to Moron. You don't play him if you are trading him the next day.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 05:35 PM by I am Yoda.)

(09-18-2019, 05:32 PM)p_rushing Wrote:

I think something happens on Friday .... Moron is fired. The team has no business letting him talk to the media if it wasn't worked out beforehand. He looked way to happy, like he knew a secret but couldn't tell us. He basically said I love everyone, etc but never mentions the coaching as he just ignores it or says not going to say anything.

Something had to happen before he did the press conference and he didn't talk to Moron. You don't play him if you are trading him the next day.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I hope a coaching change and/or trade is not made until the season is over.  We cannot let players dictate coaches.  Don't trade the player unless someone makes you an offer you can't refuse.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Is he gone yet?

Did we get our pair of first round chemos?

Can we trade him to KC for Andy Reid?

As much as I’d love to see my team win, it helps while losing seeing the train wreck. Every few years of losing we get to witness meltdown and coaching changes. At least they still give us a show.

(09-18-2019, 05:13 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 02:44 PM)scottyg Wrote: The thing that bothers me as much as anything with this is that Jalen keeps talking about his brothers and saying he's trying to be a good team-mate.  But asking to be traded is the equivalent of abandoning them all.

Wrong. You must not understand the concept of family. I wouldn't want my brother to hate his job. I'd want him to find happiness elsewhere. Which I feel his teammates are the same. They are also adults and men. They know they are responsible for their performance on the field. They like Jalen but they are players too who want to do well if he's there or not. You seem to be the one who feels abandoned. Look to the FO to take responsibility for that.

Whatever dude.  He's full of [BLEEP] and you know it.  And feel free to look to whoever you want to blame, and I'll be free to do the same.

(09-18-2019, 04:25 PM)TheeKB Wrote: Not sure why there’s even a question as to what to do here... like Rome said, “keep the pro bowl players or the sub 500 coach?” (Paraphrasing a sports personality I don’t really give two cents about here but who has a valid point).

That'd be great if that's all it was about. The reality is that Ramsey's ego is to big for the Jacksonville market.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-18-2019, 06:05 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 04:25 PM)TheeKB Wrote: Not sure why there’s even a question as to what to do here... like Rome said, “keep the pro bowl players or the sub 500 coach?” (Paraphrasing a sports personality I don’t really give two cents about here but who has a valid point).

That'd be great if that's all it was about. The reality is that Ramsey's ego is to big for the Jacksonville market his own good.

Fixed that for you.

His press conference yesterday probably has teams saying NO!

The best thing that he can do for himself is to play and play BETTER than he did against the Texans.  What I mean by that is if/when an easy interception hits him in the gut he should catch it. secure it and score.

The only thing out of his presser is that "he wants to win".  Well news flash, teams that are actually contenders are not really going to line up to take his diva [BLEEP] on.  They are not going to invest draft picks as well as take on the burden of his new contract (when it happens).  If/when he gets traded it's not going to be to a top team.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

If he plays tomorrow I think there is zero chance that he gets moved this year. Resigning, signing the franchise tender when it comes time, those are two different questions, but as of this moment I can't envision a scenario where Jalen plays in the game and then gets traded.

I think that a trade request in the middle of a contract negotiation less than 24 hours after the blow up was emotional. He didn't have to look his "brothers" in the eye and answer the "you really leaving us bruh?" question when he had his agent make the request.

(09-18-2019, 06:49 PM)jj82284 Wrote: If he plays tomorrow I think there is zero chance that he gets moved this year. Resigning, signing the franchise tender when it comes time, those are two different questions, but as of this moment I can't envision a scenario where Jalen plays in the game and then gets traded.

I think that a trade request in the middle of a contract negotiation less than 24 hours after the blow up was emotional. He didn't have to look his "brothers" in the eye and answer the "you really leaving us bruh?" question when he had his agent make the request.

Pretty much my opinion as well.. I really can't see The Jags playing him if they were going to immediately trade him away.. Too many risks involved..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-18-2019, 05:42 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 05:13 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Wrong. You must not understand the concept of family. I wouldn't want my brother to hate his job. I'd want him to find happiness elsewhere. Which I feel his teammates are the same. They are also adults and men. They know they are responsible for their performance on the field. They like Jalen but they are players too who want to do well if he's there or not. You seem to be the one who feels abandoned. Look to the FO to take responsibility for that.

Whatever dude.  He's full of [BLEEP] and you know it.  And feel free to look to whoever you want to blame, and I'll be free to do the same.

Poor soul
[Image: giphy.gif]
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 08:05 PM by Tyler1Reformed.)

Word is he will be traded on Friday from Ian Rapport. 

God that sucks, but it will at least end any wanting anything to do with this team anymore if trading our star player instead of getting rid of Caldwell Marrone and Wash is the answer.