Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(09-19-2019, 04:56 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 04:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...29248?s=20

Would the needs of the team perhaps involve not trading Ramsey?

Valid point based off the statement.  He is supposed to be playing too.   What was the actual question asked to get that reply?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-19-2019, 04:59 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 04:56 PM)TJBender Wrote: Would the needs of the team perhaps involve not trading Ramsey?

Valid point based off the statement.  He is supposed to be playing too.   What was the actual question asked to get that reply?

Context?!?
We out out here talking about context?!

(09-19-2019, 04:56 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 04:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...29248?s=20

Would the needs of the team perhaps involve not trading Ramsey?

I dont think the word "but" would of been in there if that was the case

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 05:20 PM by TJBender.)

(09-19-2019, 05:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 04:56 PM)TJBender Wrote: Would the needs of the team perhaps involve not trading Ramsey?

I dont think the word "but" would of been in there if that was the case

Translated by my logic:

"Well, this is a team sport. And I think I am very sensitive to Jalen's desire to be traded, but we are going to keep him around."

It's called driving the price up. Khan is nothing if not a savvy businessman.

(09-19-2019, 05:20 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 05:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont think the word "but" would of been in there if that was the case

Translated by my logic:

"Well, this is a team sport. And I think I am very sensitive to Jalen's desire to be traded, but we are going to keep him around."

Thats true, i see what you're saying now.  I guess it could go either way

(09-19-2019, 04:05 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 03:43 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Did anybody actually think Coughlin wasn't a huge cause in this?

People actually believed it was Caldwell playing hard ball with Ngakoue and wanting to ship out Ramsey? Why would he want to get rid of the two best players hes ever drafted... It's always been Coughlin..

Coughlin is running this Franchise into the ground for the 2nd time.

Maybe people will finally realize who runs the show once and for all. Caldwell is a well paid coffee fetcher. But this is Coughlin’s ship and we’ll either sink or swim by him.

The ship has been sinking from the very second he stepped foot here. He ruined this team once and he's doing it again. It's really looking like he's the real cancer on this team.

The problem is Khan doesn't know anything about running a football franchise, so he's just going to let that old, outdated clown continue to make this team the worst franchise in all of sports. It's a literal laughing stock and it's sad to think that it's just going to continue to get worse and worse.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 05:34 PM by I am Yoda.)

(09-19-2019, 05:27 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 04:05 PM)knarnn Wrote: Maybe people will finally realize who runs the show once and for all. Caldwell is a well paid coffee fetcher. But this is Coughlin’s ship and we’ll either sink or swim by him.

The ship has been sinking from the very second he stepped foot here. He ruined this team once and he's doing it again. It's really looking like he's the real cancer on this team.

The problem is Khan doesn't know anything about running a football franchise, so he's just going to let that old, outdated clown continue to make this team the worst franchise in all of sports. It's a literal laughing stock and it's sad to think that it's just going to continue to get worse 

https://media.giphy.com/media/U1xERzPdSQ.../giphy.gif

The only real success this team ever had was under Coughlin.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(09-19-2019, 05:27 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 04:05 PM)knarnn Wrote: Maybe people will finally realize who runs the show once and for all. Caldwell is a well paid coffee fetcher. But this is Coughlin’s ship and we’ll either sink or swim by him.

The problem is Khan doesn't know anything about running a football franchise, so he's just going to let that old, outdated clown continue to make this team the worst franchise in all of sports. It's a literal laughing stock and it's sad to think that it's just going to continue to get worse and worse.

Back when we saw that locker room video and some players punching the Jaguars logo, my first thought was "that probably represents Coughlin." 

Welp.

(09-19-2019, 04:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 04:02 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: The most likely trade partner I've seen is the Eagles, who would give up a 1st, a 3rd and Sidney Jones. Jones has played very well this season and seems recovered from his injury. Many thought he was the top cornerback in his draft class until he got hurt prior to draft day. Is this enough to receive for the best cornerback in the NFL? Let's face it: if Ramsay behaves himself with his new team they will be getting a bargain even if they had to part with 2 1st rounders. I think he'll behave fine until things don't go his way and then his new team will regret having made the deal. As far as trade value, I would like to see them get more than the package which is rumored. Throw in Goeddert and I'd be thrilled. I'd even take Goeddert, Jones and next year's 1st, but I have a hunch the Eagles won't part with Goeddert. The other advantage with the Eagles is that he'd be out of the conference.

I'd counter with a 1st, a 2nd and either Goedert or Ertz.

The boat is already halfway underwater.

I hope Ramsay plays "lights out" tonight and increases any bidding war which might take place. Would they part with Goeddert and a future 1st and 2nd for Ramsay? I have a feeling we'll find that out by sometime tomorrow.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 05:40 PM by Eric1.)

(09-19-2019, 05:32 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 05:27 PM)Eric1 Wrote: The ship has been sinking from the very second he stepped foot here. He ruined this team once and he's doing it again. It's really looking like he's the real cancer on this team.

The problem is Khan doesn't know anything about running a football franchise, so he's just going to let that old, outdated clown continue to make this team the worst franchise in all of sports. It's a literal laughing stock and it's sad to think that it's just going to continue to get worse 

Yea 20 years ago when the game was completely different. As well as getting extra draft picks from being an expansion team etc etc. They had a small window of success, followed by 10+ years of being the worst team in the league because Coughlin destroyed the salary cap and ran the team into the dirt.

(09-19-2019, 05:33 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 05:27 PM)Eric1 Wrote: The ship has been sinking from the very second he stepped foot here. He ruined this team once and he's doing it again. It's really looking like he's the real cancer on this team.

Back when we saw that locker room video and some players punching the Jaguars logo, my first thought was "that probably represents Coughlin." 

Welp.

I had the same thoughts as well and it definitely looks like that was probably the case lol.

(09-19-2019, 04:59 PM)Jags Wrote:

(09-19-2019, 05:20 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 05:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont think the word "but" would of been in there if that was the case

Translated by my logic:

It can be taken either way. He said nothing definite.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This is now business, and he is a rare commodity that is not found often. How many 1st round picks at his position wash out and are busts? That means trading for a 1st round pick just passes our good fortune off to the team we trade him to. He also is much more than a 1 year rental. He is under contract through 2020. After that you have the various tags that can be applied. We can enforce the present contract and he can play, sit the bench or a sofa in his living room. If he play and just play poorly he devalues himself and career. After the AB incident just recently I would be pretty careful if I was a team trading for him. Who knows this could be a repeat. No matter what he may do, no matter what he says, do not cut him or we will find him playing for the Pats?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 06:00 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(09-19-2019, 05:50 PM)Jag149 Wrote: This is now business, and he is a rare commodity that is not found often.  How many 1st round picks at his position wash out and are busts?  That means trading for a 1st round pick just passes our good fortune off to the team we trade him to.  He also is much more than a 1 year rental. He is under contract through 2020. After that you have the various tags that can be applied. We can enforce the present contract and he can play, sit the bench or a sofa in his living room. If he play and just play poorly he devalues himself and career. After the AB incident just recently I would be pretty careful if I was a team trading for him.  Who knows this could be a repeat. No matter what he may do, no matter what he says, do not cut him or we will find him playing for the Pats?
Apparently alot on this MB think we will draft top talent with the picks we get.  They must be new here....Taven bryan and other 1st rd bust are just illusions and we are still waiting to wake up.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Hearing now that The Browns are a top contender for Ramsey.. If Ramsey has to be traded, I want him in either Oakland or Cleveland..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

My sources are saying Broncos

I'm hearing that the Oilers are getting him.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(09-19-2019, 05:32 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:

That was many, many years ago. The game has changed. Coughlin hasn't.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 06:33 PM by JackCity.)

Jalen did a podcast recently

Thread : https://twitter.com/JaguarMaven/status/1...05858?s=09

I don't care where he goes, as long as they meet our price.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 06:36 PM by JackCity.)

https://twitter.com/JaguarMaven/status/1...54688?s=09

https://twitter.com/JaguarMaven/status/1...94944?s=09

https://twitter.com/JaguarMaven/status/1...22629?s=09

He wants out because of Coughlin , not coaching