Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The New Era of Gardner Minshew stunted by Jags HC

(09-21-2019, 02:27 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 01:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And a deeply passionate Packers fan don't forget.

Wasn't she a die-hard Colts fan, too?

Depends on how you asked her.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-21-2019, 07:10 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 02:27 PM)TJBender Wrote: Wasn't she a die-hard Colts fan, too?

Depends on how you asked her.

Or on what day..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019, 07:36 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

I find it hilarious how this dude was so positive and enthusiastic about the Jags and now he admits he left the team for another (somehow he is not even ashamed to admit it) and now he comes back. Meanwhile, people who are realistic about the team are called trolls and all sort of things and yet we've stayed all this time, no matter what...

TC is antiquated. He's not the answer either. Get rid of the entire FO or he'll be ruined.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

When you’re only throwing two times a game on first and second down past the LBs, is it no wonder the offensive line and running game is struggling with opponents taking advantage of the predictable play calling by stacking the box like its Christmas. How antiquated can this scheme get, Minshew got killed the Texan game as a result of all the pressure the line felt as a result of this scheme that is not only stunting Minshew’s growth but the running games potential as well.

Minshew is brilliant, I don’t want to hear how the staff has to dummy down the playbook for Minshew or how the scheme was designed for Foles not to throw more than two times past the LBs per game on 1st and 2nd down. This logic is denial oriented, an asinine approach to cover for a horribly outrageous offensive scheme.

Minshew can throw the ball 20 yards down the field with phenomenal accuracy, it’s not as high risk play as it would be for an average starter. I was high as a kite on Minshew starting taking over, happy as a lark, watching this scheme put him in harms way by not letting him do his thing to spread the defense. Well it pisses me off.

(09-21-2019, 06:56 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 06:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Oh, so you're focused on deep passes.  

I have to ask, are you familiar with the person you're replying to? If not, I have to say that you wasted your time typing all of that out. POE or troll, the beach boy is legendary.

OK - I get it now. 

LOL

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019, 10:14 PM by Jagsbch.)

No you don’t get it New York. You talk about the offensive line struggling, well the offensive line is struggling because the scheme forces the opponents hand to stack the box on the rookie. No offensive line can deal with the weight of it stacked 42% of the plays because the offensive scheme dictates opponents to scheme us as such.

How can you get it when your satisfied with a scheme that is crushing our offensive line and rushing game? You act as if using Minshew’s talents to spread defenses is beyond the realm of probability, a task that is impossible and I am dreaming that anything like this could ever come to fruition as a successful strategy.

My point is, the only path to the Super bowl this season, lies in the hands of Minshew spreading the defense by utilizing the greener pasture that lie past the LBs. To argue that point, is laughable, wait what’s even more laughable is to hijack the crucial topic and make it about me instead. I’m at the point of considering it a compliment, especially when you’d rather talk about me than the game. LMAO

(09-21-2019, 10:13 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: No you don’t get it New York. You talk about the offensive line struggling, well  the offensive line is struggling because the scheme forces the opponents hand to stack the box on the rookie. No offensive line can deal with the weight of it stacked 42% of the plays because the offensive scheme dictates opponents to scheme us as such.

How can you get it when your satisfied with a scheme that is crushing our offensive line and rushing game? You act as if using Minshew’s talents to spread defenses is beyond the realm of probability, a task that is impossible and I am dreaming that anything like this could ever come to fruition as a successful strategy.

My point is, the only path to the Super bowl this season, lies in the hands of Minshew spreading the defense by utilizing the greener pasture that lie past the LBs. To argue that point, is laughable, wait what’s even more laughable is to hijack the crucial topic and make it about me instead. I’m at the point of considering it a compliment, especially when you’d rather talk about me than the game. LMAO

Yeah. I'm sorry. Just don't really care to attempt a debate when you're coming from such a skewed perspective. 

We have very different opinions on what's actually happening with this offense. I'll leave it at that.

https://youtu.be/yhQql-ZbZmg

lolololol

Always good for a chuckle

Is that Jungle Cat?

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019, 11:01 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Minshew at the WSU/UCLA game tonight.

[Image: 5d86c4a487ffd.image.png?resize=1280%2C720]

(09-21-2019, 10:50 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Is that Jungle Cat?

Our resident space alien has made it back from his voyage..

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019, 11:42 PM by homebiscuit.)

They just did an interview with Minshew at the WSU game. He's half lit. Or at least appears that way.

(09-21-2019, 11:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: They just did an interview with Minshew at the WSU game. He's half lit. Or at least appears that way.

I saw that haha..

Off topic, Mike Leach has himself another QB with an arm.. Good lookin kid. Can fling it..

(09-21-2019, 11:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: They just did an interview with Minshew at the WSU game. He's half lit. Or at least appears that way.

He's the hero we need. And the hero we deserve.

I actually bought a shirt like this earlier today:
[Image: gardner-minshew-need-hero-shirt.jpg]

Hopefully Minshew survives and doesn't suck during the ten days or so it'll take to get here.

(09-21-2019, 10:13 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: No you don’t get it New York. You talk about the offensive line struggling, well  the offensive line is struggling because the scheme forces the opponents hand to stack the box on the rookie. No offensive line can deal with the weight of it stacked 42% of the plays because the offensive scheme dictates opponents to scheme us as such.

That 42% number is not over the span of just this season bud. They talked about that number on TNF but I believe they were discussing the time since LF has been playing with the Jags. 

The reason that is important is that prior to this year, we didn’t have much of a passing game. They could stack the box and wait for Bortles to throw a pick 6. 

Also a reason it’s important to note, DeFilippo, the OC was hired this year.

You'd think Jaguars fans of all would know that to have an efficient and potent offense in the NFL you have to be able to run the ball and keep the chains moving. Once you go one dimensional you are at the defense's mercy and they can get creative to harass your QB. ALL of Fournette's yardage came off one play. We have to bring someone in to spell him at the very least. He isn't running hard, no burst to the hole.
No pain, no gain.

(09-22-2019, 02:47 AM)Corriewf Wrote:

That 42% number is not over the span of just this season bud. They talked about that number on TNF but I believe they were discussing the time since LF has been playing with the Jags. 

The reason that is important is that prior to this year, we didn’t have much of a passing game. They could stack the box and wait for Bortles to throw a pick 6. 

That number didn't even count this season - and Fournette has run out of a three wide receiver set this season on a significant number of snaps. That unloads the box, and it hasn't helped.  When your 5 guys up front are getting flat beat, it's hard to make space for a powerback with very little agility or ability to improvise.

(09-22-2019, 11:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 02:47 AM)Corriewf Wrote: That 42% number is not over the span of just this season bud. They talked about that number on TNF but I believe they were discussing the time since LF has been playing with the Jags. 

That number didn't even count this season - and Fournette has run out of a three wide receiver set this season on a significant number of snaps. That unloads the box, and it hasn't helped.  When your 5 guys up front are getting flat beat, it's hard to make space for a powerback with very little agility or ability to improvise.

It's six on one side, half a dozen on the other. Teams are still stacking the box because they're daring a sixth round rookie to beat them through the air. But at the same time the line isn't getting any kind of push at all. Against the tinhorns they needed two attempts to gain a single yard and even then they only got it because of a rather generous spot from the refs.