Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Peep everything.

(09-23-2019, 01:11 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 10:29 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Well, if it's reported on Twitter, he definitely has to go.  Haha.  

No, you cannot let the players fire the management.  Ever.

Reputable Twitters, not Alfie lol. People who are in position to know. Might have shown up on PFT as well.

If Coughlin really is coming into the locker room and chewing players out, it wouldn't really be players firing management. It would be management creating problems by overreaching. Coughlin's an old coach, I get it, but it's Marrone's job to chew guys out in the locker room after a game. There's an old saying: if you have a problem with one person, it's them. If you have a problem with lots of people, it's you.

I just want to chime in about Twitter... outside of someone currently employed by like ESPN or something... Alfie is just as legit on Twitter as say... Mike Kaye... or DiRocco.

Love him or hate him Alfie is a guy in the know with this team.

Per the topic on hand, no we can't allow Ramsey to fire Coughlin. Which won't happen anyway. However Shad can make a decision to step in, do everything we can to keep Ramsey and get rid of Coughlin (retire, resign, fire, whatever) at seasons end.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-23-2019, 04:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 03:30 PM)rufftime Wrote: This sounds a lot like the rhetoric from the first time the Jags ran TC out of town.  He goes to NYC and wins two superbowls...  It was the biggest mistake the Jaguars have ever made.  How about we learn from the past and keep TC?  Let the talented narcissistic player go and move forward with a team that wants to win together.

I disagree. 

Weaver had no choice but to move on from TC because Coughlin wanted to be GM, HC and OC and control absolutely everything. 
He couldn't do it all well simultaneously and the team suffered as a result. As did our salary cap.

He was told immediately he couldn't pull that [BLEEP] in NY and reminded of it on multiple occasions when he was too heavy-handed with his players. That was part of the winning equation for him with the giants. He was the head coach and nothing more. That's what he was good at. 

His position in the Jags organization is to control the front office.  He seemingly overstepped that when he went to the locker room and chewed out a player. Especially if he didn't consult Marrone first. 

I'm not necessarily trying to run him out of town, but I'm not impressed with the Fournette pick or the Bortles extension and he's part of those problems. Add this situation if he was indeed truly out of line in his approach with Jalen (we don't really know what was said) and he may be on thin ice with Khan. Who wants Jalen to stay on a big money deal.

Do you know what his value add was when he was brought back to the org? Did DC need the help or was this a situation of, we can’t not let Coughlin throw a helping hand here. Maybe his intent was sold as, look I’m old and ready to retire, let me help with some day to day..

Either way, Marrone or Coughlin, someone needed to jump on Ramsey after the game. You just can’t behave that way on the field.

(09-23-2019, 04:31 PM)Kane Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 01:11 PM)TJBender Wrote: Reputable Twitters, not Alfie lol. People who are in position to know. Might have shown up on PFT as well.

If Coughlin really is coming into the locker room and chewing players out, it wouldn't really be players firing management. It would be management creating problems by overreaching. Coughlin's an old coach, I get it, but it's Marrone's job to chew guys out in the locker room after a game. There's an old saying: if you have a problem with one person, it's them. If you have a problem with lots of people, it's you.

I just want to chime in about Twitter... outside of someone currently employed by like ESPN or something... Alfie is just as legit on Twitter as say... Mike Kaye... or DiRocco.

Love him or hate him Alfie is a guy in the know with this team.

Per the topic on hand, no we can't allow Ramsey to fire Coughlin. Which won't happen anyway. However Shad can make a decision to step in, do everything we can to keep Ramsey and get rid of Coughlin (retire, resign, fire, whatever) at seasons end.

In the know or not, he often just harps petty bull [BLEEP] laden with weird opinions and hot takes. 

I ain't got time for that.  If he really knows what the hell is going on, he chooses to blatheron like a 17 year old girl more than he contributes to any dialogue.

(09-23-2019, 04:33 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 04:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I disagree. 

Weaver had no choice but to move on from TC because Coughlin wanted to be GM, HC and OC and control absolutely everything. 
He couldn't do it all well simultaneously and the team suffered as a result. As did our salary cap.

He was told immediately he couldn't pull that [BLEEP] in NY and reminded of it on multiple occasions when he was too heavy-handed with his players. That was part of the winning equation for him with the giants. He was the head coach and nothing more. That's what he was good at. 

His position in the Jags organization is to control the front office.  He seemingly overstepped that when he went to the locker room and chewed out a player. Especially if he didn't consult Marrone first. 

I'm not necessarily trying to run him out of town, but I'm not impressed with the Fournette pick or the Bortles extension and he's part of those problems. Add this situation if he was indeed truly out of line in his approach with Jalen (we don't really know what was said) and he may be on thin ice with Khan. Who wants Jalen to stay on a big money deal.

Do you know what his value add was when he was brought back to the org? Did DC need the help or was this a situation of, we can’t not let Coughlin throw a helping hand here. Maybe his intent was sold as, look I’m old and ready to retire, let me help with some day to day..

Either way, Marrone or Coughlin, someone needed to jump on Ramsey after the game. You just can’t behave that way on the field.

He was added as a safety net for the GM, Caldwell, who had blown a few picks.  They still blew some together, but good players have been added too.

(09-23-2019, 04:33 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 04:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I disagree. 

The team was losing a ton with no end in sight. They hired Coughlin to give them a legitimate face of the franchise, someone fans all loved and someone who's been a historically good football mind. 

Unfortunately he's always had conflicts at every stop he's been at, and that's not just a coincidence. His track record of personnel management is awful too (as Vito always says, Tom wanted to draft Curtis Enis over Fred). If he just focused on being a figurehead it's be ok, but him having final say AND getting into tizzies with players isn't on

(09-23-2019, 04:41 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 04:33 PM)Corriewf Wrote: Do you know what his value add was when he was brought back to the org? Did DC need the help or was this a situation of, we can’t not let Coughlin throw a helping hand here. Maybe his intent was sold as, look I’m old and ready to retire, let me help with some day to day..

The team was losing a ton with no end in sight. They hired Coughlin to give them a legitimate face of the franchise, someone fans all loved and someone who's been a historically good football mind. 

Unfortunately he's always had conflicts at every stop he's been at, and that's not just a coincidence. His track record of personnel management is awful too (as Vito always says, Tom wanted to draft Curtis Enis over Fred). If he just focused on being a figurehead it's be ok, but him having final say AND getting into tizzies with players isn't on

Fair enough-

So if Coughlin shouldn’t be here..ok

How do you guys suggest we deal with issues like Jack getting booted from the game or Ramsey blowing up on Marrone? At some point someone needs to crack the whip no? Or have we decided as a fan base that this works as long as when players are not ejected, they play well? 

I get and agree with a lot of the things said here, I just think maybe we are losing some focus.

(09-23-2019, 05:19 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 04:41 PM)JackCity Wrote: The team was losing a ton with no end in sight. They hired Coughlin to give them a legitimate face of the franchise, someone fans all loved and someone who's been a historically good football mind. 

Fair enough-

How do you guys suggest we deal with issues like Jack getting booted from the game or Ramsey blowing up on Marrone? At some point someone needs to crack the whip no? Or have we decided as a fan base that this works as long as when players are not ejected, they play well? 

I get and agree with a lot of the things said here, I just think maybe we are losing some focus.

I'll tell you the worst way to deal with them...have your old executive lash out at them and pretend he's coach. 

Ramsey and most recently Jack, haven't showed a high level of ability to control their emotions. Coughlin does absolutely nothing to help that other than make it worse. 

It's fair to say Marrone is below average in terms of keeping a team disciplined too. Way too many penalties and outbursts

(09-23-2019, 05:24 PM)JackCity Wrote: I'll tell you the worst way to deal with them...have your old executive lash out at them and pretend he's coach. 

Ramsey and most recently Jack, haven't showed a high level of ability to control their emotions. Coughlin does absolutely nothing to help that other than make it worse. 

It's fair to say Marrone is below average in terms of keeping a team disciplined too. Way too many penalties and outbursts

Maybe they should sneak some Ritalin into their protein shakes.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-23-2019, 05:24 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 05:19 PM)Corriewf Wrote: Fair enough-

I'll tell you the worst way to deal with them...have your old executive lash out at them and pretend he's coach. 

Ok agreed- 

BUT we were 18th in the league for penalties in 2017 and 30th in the league last year.  We had multiple issues with ejections last year and players antics on the side lines. So far this year we are 19th probably because of last game was fairly clean...but we have already had one player get ejected and a blow up with the coach affecting multiple players, not just Ramsey. 

Maybe Coughlin should not be yelling at Ramsey from his FO position..but tell me a well run org with a firm coach wouldn’t chew his [BLEEP] after the game? I love Ramsey.. I would love for this team to work something out, but..god we need discipline bad!

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2019, 05:45 PM by JackCity.)

(09-23-2019, 05:38 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 05:24 PM)JackCity Wrote: I'll tell you the worst way to deal with them...have your old executive lash out at them and pretend he's coach. 

Ok agreed- 

BUT we were 18th in the league for penalties in 2017 and 30th in the league last year.  We had multiple issues with ejections last year and players antics on the side lines. So far this year we are 19th probably because of last game was fairly clean...but we have already had one player get ejected and a blow up with the coach affecting multiple players, not just Ramsey. 

Maybe Coughlin should not be yelling at Ramsey from his FO position..but tell me a well run org with a firm coach wouldn’t chew his [BLEEP] after the game? I love Ramsey.. I would love for this team to work something out, but..god we need discipline bad!

You think Marrone doesn't give out to players? I don't get that impression at all. He seems smarter than the old school coaches in terms of player relations tbh. 

Should be noted we've had one of the youngest rosters in the league for what must be almost 5 years now. Age doesn't always = discipline but it does somewhat help explain things

(09-23-2019, 05:44 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 05:38 PM)Corriewf Wrote: Ok agreed- 

You think Marrone doesn't give out to players? I don't get that impression at all. He seems smarter than the old school coaches in terms of player relations tbh. 

Should be noted we've had one of the youngest rosters in the league for what must be almost 5 years now. Age doesn't always = discipline but it does somewhat help explain things

Ramsey said in his presser he hasn’t talked to Marrone. That was a big red flag for me. [BLEEP] is going on there? Why isn’t Marrone talking to this guy?

(09-23-2019, 09:14 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 09:09 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: Exactly. The whole world knows this so you know Ramsey knows it. It's more than just the money at this point. 

I'm all in favor of Coughlin getting the boot over Ramsey because if he goes then I think more talent goes right behind him. Period. 

Yeah you can't let the inmate run the asylum but we don't need Coughlin here running off talent with his old ways. That's just the way it is.

I think it would be a huge mistake to fire TC just because a player doesn't like him.  That would be a horrible precedent. 

Even if you wanted to fire him, you can't fire him now.  You can't let a player fire the VP of Football Operations.  Who's he going to want to fire next year?

One of The Roar probably.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Can I attempt to sidetrack the Jaylen issue(good teammate not wanting to be a distraction) to the biggest distraction/story?

Gardner [BLEEP] Minshew. Now there’s the real legend/story. Take a back seat VAJaylen

(09-23-2019, 06:02 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 05:44 PM)JackCity Wrote: You think Marrone doesn't give out to players? I don't get that impression at all. He seems smarter than the old school coaches in terms of player relations tbh. 

Ramsey said in his presser he hasn’t talked to Marrone. That was a big red flag for me. [BLEEP] is going on there? Why isn’t Marrone talking to this guy?

Wow, you are way behind.  Both Marrone and Ramsey have said that neither has any problem with the other.

(09-23-2019, 06:18 PM)Jags Wrote: Can I attempt to sidetrack the Jaylen issue(good teammate not wanting to be a distraction) to the biggest distraction/story?  

Gardner [BLEEP] Minshew.  Now there’s the real legend/story.  Take a back seat VAJaylen

After all, jaylen wants the attention as well as whatever he’s seeking.  I’d say, Gardner deserves more attention.  Get your Jorts back out! It’ll be in fashion shortly.

Jorts our skirts out.  

In other words Minshew in Ramsey out.  Cause he’s acting like a freaking pre teen girl.  Whatever.  It makes sense somewhere

(09-23-2019, 06:31 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 06:02 PM)Corriewf Wrote: Ramsey said in his presser he hasn’t talked to Marrone. That was a big red flag for me. [BLEEP] is going on there? Why isn’t Marrone talking to this guy?

Wow, you are way behind.  Both Marrone and Ramsey have said that neither has any problem with the other.

Think you misunderstood bud. I know Ramsey hasn’t implied an issue with Marrone. However- I am saying Marrone did nothing to address the issue with Ramsey on the field that day. He didn’t address it...that’s a red flag for me. 

Sure, ok, Coughlin should stick to the FO, but [BLEEP] is Marrone doing if he isn’t addressing blow ups.

(09-23-2019, 10:27 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 06:31 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Wow, you are way behind.  Both Marrone and Ramsey have said that neither has any problem with the other.

Think you misunderstood bud. I know Ramsey hasn’t implied an issue with Marrone. However- I am saying Marrone did nothing to address the issue with Ramsey on the field that day. He didn’t address it...that’s a red flag for me. 

Sure, ok, Coughlin should stick to the FO, but [BLEEP] is Marrone doing if he isn’t addressing blow ups.

Because it's the media and fans making that little tiff out to be something way bigger than it really is. People acting like that kind of stuff never happens on the sidelines, when it happens quite a bit.

Marrone and Ramsey both said they got over whatever it was pretty quickly and moved past it in that game. It was just one of those, in the heat of the moment instances. Both sides had some words and they moved on.

Coughlin is the one who's the main issue behind everything that's going on with this Ramsey crap. If he'd stay in his lane and do his own job, this wouldn't be an issue/story. But instead, he still thinks he's the Head Coach, or something and is on some power trip.

Remember, Coughlin bad mouths Ramsey every off season because he likes to train at home with his Father, which hes done every single year of his life and last I checked, it's worked pretty well for him so far... Yet Coughlin thinks everybody should do exactly what he says/thinks and if they don't, they're enemy #1.

(09-23-2019, 10:48 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 10:27 PM)Corriewf Wrote: Think you misunderstood bud. I know Ramsey hasn’t implied an issue with Marrone. However- I am saying Marrone did nothing to address the issue with Ramsey on the field that day. He didn’t address it...that’s a red flag for me. 

Because it's the media and fans making that little tiff out to be something way bigger than it really is. People acting like that kind of stuff never happens on the sidelines, when it happens quite a bit.

Marrone and Ramsey both said they got over whatever it was pretty quickly and moved past it in that game. It was just one of those, in the heat of the moment instances. Both sides had some words and they moved on.

Coughlin is the one who's the main issue behind everything that's going on with this Ramsey crap. If he'd stay in his lane and do his own job, this wouldn't be an issue/story. But instead, he still thinks he's the Head Coach, or something and is on some power trip.

Remember, Coughlin bad mouths Ramsey every off season because he likes to train at home with his Father, which hes done every single year of his life and last I checked, it's worked pretty well for him so far... Yet Coughlin thinks everybody should do exactly what he says/thinks and if they don't, they're enemy #1.

Do you think Marrone is in control of this team? If not, do you suppose that is why Coughlin is overstepping? 

So far- I see a lot of talent- beautiful talent- but not a lot of discipline.

(09-23-2019, 09:30 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 09:21 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: His only problem is with TC. This is his 4th year and he's never had a direct problem that can't be fixed with anyone else. It's known that TC is a discipline heavy freak and his ways are outdated. I just think it's looking at doing more harm than good towards the team if TC stays. Many already want him gone before Marrone/Caldwell/Wash etc... but this team can do it without him.

You cannot allow a player to fire a front office person.  Ever.

I don't understand why people don't get this. It's pretty simple.

(09-24-2019, 12:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 09:30 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: You cannot allow a player to fire a front office person.  Ever.

They have a misunderstanding of the concept of power.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-24-2019, 12:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 09:30 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: You cannot allow a player to fire a front office person.  Ever.

Are people not getting it?
I'll play you in ping pong.