Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(09-24-2019, 04:39 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Every day that passes is good for us. I wish we would just give him what he wants and we can all move on.

Jacksonville has never really had elite level players other than Jimmy Smith, Fred Taylor,  Tony Boselli, and Maurice Jones-Drew, and of course Gardner Minshew who is already a legend.

But I would put Ramsey in that group of players. If it was Ramsey’s 10th season then I could see them letting him go, but dude is in his prime and is an All Pro.

Regarding the part in bold...

"Jacksonville has never really had elite level players"... goes on to list elite level players and a 6th round pick rookie quarterback thrown into the mix early.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-24-2019, 04:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 04:48 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I don’t want to trade him, so to clear up that statement, pay him and get rid of Marrone since he likes to argue with his star players during a game.

Well apparently Ramsey's problem is more Coughlin than Marrone if reports reaching the media are correct.

Either way, would you fire a coach or a staff member mid-season to please a player?

I think it's 10% Doug, 20% Dave, 15% paying people that don't have any skill, 5% market, 50% Tom, and 100% reason to demand the trade.

(09-24-2019, 05:06 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 04:55 PM)Jagwired Wrote: I tell you what. This thread has definitely revealed those that appear to have never played competitive sports at any level. Well OK, maybe some did after they started mandating minimum play counts for all kids even if they sucked.  Everybody line up for their trophies now, even you guys that lost.

Not to jump all over your perspective, but the same generation of people complaining about Jalen's behavior are those that insisted on giving participation trophies to their kids. That's not a Gen X/Y/Millennial phenomenon. 

Coming from a Gen X that played competitive sports.

(09-24-2019, 04:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Well apparently Ramsey's problem is more Coughlin than Marrone if reports reaching the media are correct.

Either way, would you fire a coach or a staff member mid-season to please a player?

I keep looking - but is that what Ramsey has "demanded?"

I've seen absolutely nothing anywhere wherein Ramsey has demanded anything at all. 

He has simply requested a trade. 

Clearly, that's not stopping several folks from connecting dots and drawing conclusions that somehow firing this guy or that guy is somehow magically going to make him want to play for the Jaguars.

(09-24-2019, 05:14 PM)Upper Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 04:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Well apparently Ramsey's problem is more Coughlin than Marrone if reports reaching the media are correct.

I think it's 10% Doug, 20% Dave, 15% paying people that don't have any skill, 5% market, 50% Tom, and 100% reason to demand the trade.

I think it’s 33% hubris 33% ego 33% childishness.

(09-24-2019, 05:18 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 05:14 PM)Upper Wrote: I think it's 10% Doug, 20% Dave, 15% paying people that don't have any skill, 5% market, 50% Tom, and 100% reason to demand the trade.

I think it’s 33% hubris 33% ego 33% childishness.

That's only 99%

(09-24-2019, 05:14 PM)Upper Wrote:

I think it's all about the fact that daddy should have whooped that [BLEEP] when he was younger and taught him some morals.  I don't dispute that he's a good/great player at his position, but his antics and attitude have gotten to the point to where he's becoming a liability.

Respect is earned not given.  He's upset because one of his elders/bosses "disrespected" him.  He needs to get over it, do his job and play under his current contract that he signed.  He also needs to understand that his behavior during the Texans game is unacceptable.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-24-2019, 05:06 PM)Gabe Wrote:
I keep looking - but is that what Ramsey has "demanded?"

This dude sure refers to it as a demand.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/23/jalen-rams...-with-nfl/

"Take the Jaguars, for example. They finally ended their ugly two-game slide to start the season with a critical, rousing road win over the Titans in Jacksonville last Thursday night and, almost immediately, attention was turned to their disgruntled cornerback Jalen Ramsey and his selfish trade demands."
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-24-2019, 05:27 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 05:14 PM)Upper Wrote: I think it's 10% Doug, 20% Dave, 15% paying people that don't have any skill, 5% market, 50% Tom, and 100% reason to demand the trade.

I think it's all about the fact that daddy should have whooped that [BLEEP] when he was younger and taught him some morals.  I don't dispute that he's a good/great player at his position, but his antics and attitude have gotten to the point to where he's becoming a liability.

Respect is earned not given.  He's upset because one of his elders/bosses "disrespected" him.  He needs to get over it, do his job and play under his current contract that he signed.  He also needs to understand that his behavior during the Texans game is unacceptable.

Disagree with the argument, agree with the conclusion.

(09-24-2019, 05:30 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 05:27 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I think it's all about the fact that daddy should have whooped that [BLEEP] when he was younger and taught him some morals.  I don't dispute that he's a good/great player at his position, but his antics and attitude have gotten to the point to where he's becoming a liability.

Disagree with the argument, agree with the conclusion.

The problem is the conclusion in my opinion is at least partly a result of the argument.

Maybe his first daddy spanked him and he requested a new dad trade. New daddy is who he goes to see for spring training.

(09-24-2019, 05:27 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 05:18 PM)Jags Wrote: I think it’s 33% hubris 33% ego 33% childishness.

That's only 99%

I thought it was implied I was rounding.   Didn’t think it was necessary to ad “.33” after it.  Which, btw, still doesn’t equal 100.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 05:48 PM by JackCity.)

I take it you don't know a damn thing about Jalens father and their relationship do you? 

I don't know why you boomers want to make this into some kind of moral flaw that Jalen wants away from a bad franchise in a small market. Quite frankly it'd be more of a surprise if he wanted to stay here long term.

Also, was Jalen a liability Vs the Titans?

(09-24-2019, 05:43 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 05:27 PM)JackCity Wrote: That's only 99%

I thought it was implied I was rounding.   Didn’t think it was necessary to ad “.33” after it.  Which, btw, still doesn’t equal 100.

34% childishness was the correct answer

(09-24-2019, 06:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 05:43 PM)Jags Wrote: I thought it was implied I was rounding.   Didn’t think it was necessary to ad “.33” after it.  Which, btw, still doesn’t equal 100.

34% childishness was the correct answer

That it didn't add up to 91% is the problem I have with it.

(09-24-2019, 06:49 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 06:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: 34% childishness was the correct answer

That it didn't add up to 91% is the problem I have with it.

33%+33%+33%+.33%×34%=Corn to the 91st power
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-24-2019, 05:48 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 05:27 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I think it's all about the fact that daddy should have whooped that [BLEEP] when he was younger and taught him some morals.  I don't dispute that he's a good/great player at his position, but his antics and attitude have gotten to the point to where he's becoming a liability.

I take it you don't know a damn thing about Jalens father and their relationship do you? 

I don't know why you boomers want to make this into some kind of moral flaw that Jalen wants away from a bad franchise in a small market. Quite frankly it'd be more of a surprise if he wanted to stay here long term.

Hit close to home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huh

(09-24-2019, 12:53 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 12:41 PM)Marylandjagsfan89 Wrote: He wants to get paid and go to a bigger market team.

And I want to be a majestic unicorn.

The market is too small for his ego. He wants primetime . The jags would be better off trading him if he really doesn't want to be there. The defense will still be top 10 with out him.

(09-24-2019, 02:41 PM)Rico Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 02:09 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Functionally that's a distinction with no difference.

There is no way anyone can convince me that the absence of a contract would somehow insulate Ramsey from antipathy if he declared immediately after the draft that he didn't want to play for the Jaguars.

The vituperative criticism would peak much higher then it is even now.

The fact is Eway and Manning were every bit the entitled and petulant malcontents you accuse Ramsey and others of being.

We'll have to disagree on sentences one and two.

And I'm pretty sure in stating that I never said that he was a malcontent or a crybaby.  And I'm quite sure that I've never used the word petulant on this board (until now).  Do I like the way he is handling things...absolutely not.  I've called AB several things and deservedly so.
That was intended to be a generic, plural "you" as opposed to a specific, singular "you."

Of course, you had no way to know this.

Mea culpa.

Brevity is a poor substitute for accuracy.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 07:54 PM by JackCity.)

(09-24-2019, 07:26 PM)Monty Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 05:48 PM)JackCity Wrote: I take it you don't know a damn thing about Jalens father and their relationship do you? 

Hit close to home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really no, me and my dad are good pals..going sailing this weekend actually.

(09-24-2019, 03:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 02:41 PM)Rico Wrote: We'll have to disagree on sentences one and two.

And I'm pretty sure in stating that I never said that he was a malcontent or a crybaby.  And I'm quite sure that I've never used the word petulant on this board (until now).  Do I like the way he is handling things...absolutely not.  I've called AB several things and deservedly so.
Have you used those exact words? I don't think so but others have thrown them around quite often.

The Elway/Eli situation is pretty much exactly the same. All 3 don't/didn't want to play for the teams that drafted them and demanded a trade. The timing of when they asked for it is irrelevant. 

In fact, I would say Elway and Elis situation is much much worse.

Correctamundo!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!