Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 08:55 AM by Jagwired.)

(09-25-2019, 08:46 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Your hate for him is strong.

What if he signed a contract to do the photo shoot on his day off and he's just fulfilling that obligation? What if all the IVs he got actually helped?
Your love for him far outweighs any way I may feel about him. I do not know him so therefore I do not hate him. I do on the other hand hate the way he is treating the franchise I am a fan of.

For your second thought. Are you really going to mention contracts? Buuuwaahhaa. If the IV's worked you say? Well, just add that to the monumental list of coincidence surrounding  Jalen recently.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 09:13 AM by Kane.)

(09-25-2019, 08:46 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 08:19 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Meh, the team has acquiesced to every instance of bad optics he has generated since his arrival. This would not surprise me n the slightest if they were just doing it again.

Too sick to work but not to sick to red eye back and forth to L.A. in a day? Not buying it. I may be gullible sometimes but not that much.
Your hate for him is strong.

What if he signed a contract to do the photo shoot on his day off and he's just fulfilling that obligation? What if all the IVs he got actually helped?

I sure hope you're playing Devil's advocate just for the sake of ruffling feathers on the board.

First... the real Flu isn't something you get well from in a day really. Also when the fans arrived to deliver his get well soon edible arrangement, he wasn't home, he was out and about...
Secondly... he's back at the facility with mysterious back and hamstring issues...

It isn't about hate. It's about calling it what it is.
Dude is faking illness and injury to try and force the Jags' hand. And hopefully they don't budge.

Also, found this interesting the other day when I was trying to defend Ramsey's nonsense about having the flu after hearing about how Leon Searcy never remembered anyone calling in sick in 11 years
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1859...r-get-sick

(09-24-2019, 05:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 05:06 PM)Gabe Wrote: Not to jump all over your perspective, but the same generation of people complaining about Jalen's behavior are those that insisted on giving participation trophies to their kids. That's not a Gen X/Y/Millennial phenomenon. 

Coming from a Gen X that played competitive sports.

I keep looking - but is that what Ramsey has "demanded?"

I've seen absolutely nothing anywhere wherein Ramsey has demanded anything at all. 

He has simply requested a trade. 

Clearly, that's not stopping several folks from connecting dots and drawing conclusions that somehow firing this guy or that guy is somehow magically going to make him want to play for the Jaguars.

Bingo.

(09-24-2019, 05:29 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 05:06 PM)Gabe Wrote:
I keep looking - but is that what Ramsey has "demanded?"

This dude sure refers to it as a demand.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/23/jalen-rams...-with-nfl/

"Take the Jaguars, for example. They finally ended their ugly two-game slide to start the season with a critical, rousing road win over the Titans in Jacksonville last Thursday night and, almost immediately, attention was turned to their disgruntled cornerback Jalen Ramsey and his selfish trade demands."

Sooooooo...you're saying Ramsey hasn't made any demands? Just want to make sure we're on the same page. We're close, I'm positive we'll get there.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(09-25-2019, 09:16 AM)Gabe Wrote: Sooooooo...you're saying Ramsey hasn't made any demands? Just want to make sure we're on the same page. We're close, I'm positive we'll get there.

You got any of that beer left? If so maybe we can agree. Laughing

Wink 

(09-25-2019, 09:21 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 09:16 AM)Gabe Wrote: Sooooooo...you're saying Ramsey hasn't made any demands? Just want to make sure we're on the same page. We're close, I'm positive we'll get there.

You got any of that beer left? If so maybe we can agree. Laughing

Ahhhh...a capitalist, I see.  The beer is...gone Ninja

(09-25-2019, 08:30 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Ertz is almost 29, no thanks.

Huh? Since when is 28 too old Haha. Guy has 5 years of elite production left and hes too old for you?

(09-25-2019, 10:24 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:

Huh? Since when is 28 too old Haha. Guy has 5 years of elite production left and hes too old for you?

I'm 32 and I remember when I turned 30, my wife told me I'm old now. So I have no choice but to believe it.

(09-25-2019, 10:24 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:

Add in Ashlon Jeffery, Nelson Agholor and Corey Clement.  Start Foles when he comes back healthy.  Chaaammmppppiioooonnssshhhiipppp

Ertz isn't too old to rack up a few more years and the TE position historically has allowed several top notch players to play at a high level into their mid thirties.

Alas... There is zero credibility behind this rumor, so it's probably not worth a debate.

(09-25-2019, 10:38 AM)Brett Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1176822359489208320

Get dem clicks, Ian.

(09-25-2019, 10:45 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 10:38 AM)Brett Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1176822359489208320

Get dem clicks, Ian.
Right? 

Out of nearly 1700 NFL players on active rosters - how many do you think are a little banged up and receiving treatment for soft tissue issues?  800? 900?  Every team has its own staff of trainers, physical and massage therapists, physicians, PAs, and radiologists -  and their appt books are full nearly every single day right now. 

But if it helps advance some JR trade drama, it's news I guess.

https://www.jaguars.com/news/o-zone-counterargument

Read Oeshers answer to the first question.

(09-25-2019, 11:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://www.jaguars.com/news/o-zone-counterargument

O hit the nail on the head.

(09-25-2019, 11:23 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 11:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://www.jaguars.com/news/o-zone-counterargument

O hit the nail on the head.

I'm going out and playing the lottery today.  O got something right.  This might be a sign of the apocalypse.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Even Marrone is laughing at this clown

https://twitter.com/miaobrientv/status/1...95425?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-25-2019, 11:54 AM)knarnn Wrote: Even Marrone is laughing at this clown

I think he is laughing at the line of questioning, not Ramsey.

He's a football coach. He wants to talk football instead of when giving a recent medical history.

Also, bad colds/coughs can cause muscle spasms and in older patients even rib fractures. It is not that uncommon.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 12:11 PM by Jagwired.)

(09-25-2019, 10:15 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 09:21 AM)Jagwired Wrote: You got any of that beer left? If so maybe we can agree. Laughing

Ahhhh...a capitalist, I see.  The beer is...gone Ninja
No beer, no deal. Angry

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 12:18 PM by JagJohn.)

(09-25-2019, 12:01 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 11:54 AM)knarnn Wrote: Even Marrone is laughing at this clown

I think he is laughing at the line of questioning, not Ramsey.

He's a football coach. He wants to talk football instead of when giving a recent medical history.

Also, bad colds/coughs can cause muscle spasms and in older patients even rib fractures. It is not that uncommon.

just... lol