Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

I don't expect Jalen to play next week either

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Pathetic how desperate all the media people tweeting want the Jags to trade him so badly..
No Fun

He probably hurt his back from carrying around his bag of BS.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 12:26 PM by Jagwired.)

But, " I don't want to be no distraction".

One word for Jalen.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-25-2019, 12:24 PM)Jagwired Wrote: But, " I don't want to be no distraction".

Can't fault him for being upfront about it, then!

(09-25-2019, 12:18 PM)JackCity Wrote: I don't expect Jalen to play next week either
You don't expect him to play against the Broncos or Panthers?

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 03:36 PM by Mowerguy.)

It's looking like he isn't  against the brokoes .....I hope to heck we win.... first, to take us to 2-2 
and second,..to show him the team is capable of winning without him and maybe motivate him a little 
to knock this off.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-25-2019, 08:30 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Ertz is almost 29, no thanks.

Travis Kelce will be 30 in a few days. He is currently the best TE in the NFL. There is no disputing that. Your age argument makes no sense.

https://twitter.com/apmarklong/status/11...55264?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-25-2019, 12:28 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 12:18 PM)JackCity Wrote: I don't expect Jalen to play next week either
You don't expect him to play against the Broncos or Panthers?

Neither

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 03:12 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(09-25-2019, 03:01 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 12:28 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: You don't expect him to play against the Broncos or Panthers?

Neither

Let him retire for 2 years then come back to football.

He will get signed for peanuts.

EDIT: Actually I think the Jags would still own his rights.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 03:46 PM by Mowerguy.)

(09-25-2019, 02:58 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/apmarklong/status/11...55264?s=21

The Big Man shows up.......hope he straightens this circus out.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 04:02 PM by KABD.)

If a player doesn't want to play for this franchise, then trade him. Could you imagine an elite franchise like the Patriots and Belichick looking this desperate? He would've been traded last week. They need to show the rest of the team you're either in or you're out. No more BS.

Take the two 1st rounders or 1st+2nd, whatever you can get to get rid of the distraction and show who's boss.

(09-25-2019, 04:00 PM)KABD Wrote: If a player doesn't want to play for this franchise, then trade him.  Could you imagine an elite franchise like the Patriots and Belichick looking this desperate?  He would've been traded last week.  They need to show the rest of the team you're either in or you're out.  No more BS.  

Take the two 1st rounders or 1st+2nd, whatever you can get to get rid of the distraction.

Takes two parties  for a trade to happen.  If you trade him, wouldn’t you like to get value? As annoying as he his, he’s still a damn fine football player.

(09-25-2019, 03:12 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 03:01 PM)JackCity Wrote: Neither

Let him retire for 2 years then come back to football.

He's not going to hold out and lose his accrued service time, he's going to keep making up illnesses/injuries so he's essentially holding out while keeping that clock running.

(09-25-2019, 04:06 PM)Upper Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 03:12 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Let him retire for 2 years then come back to football.

He's not going to hold out and lose his accrued service time, he's going to keep making up illnesses/injuries so he's essentially holding out while keeping that clock running.
Problem is, everyone sees through his BS and it only hurts his trade value.  Which in turn makes the Jags less likely since the offer won’t be as good.  Jalen will continue to be an [BLEEP] since he is still with the team.  The circle goes around.

(09-25-2019, 04:00 PM)KABD Wrote: If a player doesn't want to play for this franchise, then trade him.  Could you imagine an elite franchise like the Patriots and Belichick looking this desperate?  He would've been traded last week.  They need to show the rest of the team you're either in or you're out.  No more BS.  

Take the two 1st rounders or 1st+2nd, whatever you can get to get rid of the distraction and show who's boss.

Name a player that has ever asked to be traded after week 2 that was a member of a perennial winning franchise like your example? 

Bad comparison. 

There are lots of ways this can work out besides the Jags taking less than proper value for Jalen Ramsey.

With Khan there ....i think we'll have a resolution in the next 24~48 hours

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 04:35 PM by KABD.)

(09-25-2019, 04:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Name a player that has ever asked to be traded after week 2 that was a member of a perennial winning franchise like your example? 

Bad comparison. 

There are lots of ways this can work out besides the Jags taking less than proper value for Jalen Ramsey.

Randy Moss.

Khalil Mack was worth two 1st round picks in separate years.  Ramsey shouldn't be worth more than that, especially with his shenanigans. But I'd be shocked if 1 of the 30 teams that are rumored to have contacted them about Ramsey hasn't at least offered up a 1st+ a 2nd the following season or more.  We're not getting more than the Raiders got for Mack.

(09-25-2019, 04:34 PM)KABD Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 04:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Name a player that has ever asked to be traded after week 2 that was a member of a perennial winning franchise like your example? 

Bad comparison. 

Randy Moss.

Khalil Mack was worth two 1st round picks in separate years.  Ramsey shouldn't be worth more than that, especially with his shenanigans. But I'd be shocked if 1 of the 30 teams that are rumored to have contacted them about Ramsey hasn't at least offered up a 1st+ a 2nd the following season or more.  We're not getting more than the Raiders got for Mack.

A guy in his 13th NFL season wanting to go home is a LOT different than a 3rd year player having a respect rub with the front office.  But good job pulling that one out of the memory banks anyway.

I have no idea what has been offered for Ramsey but I don't disagree with the rest of your post on that topic.  I think the Jags just might take a first and second if they had a good feel they were going to be relatively high picks. 
I do not think they are going to take something like pick 24 and 56 from a team that's locked and loaded for a playoff run unless it comes packaged with a player at a position of need.