Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Leftists’ D.C. ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Protests a Bust

(09-26-2019, 05:02 PM)Gabe Wrote: He's been deleting tweets. He's suggesting members of his own administration be executed for treason. He's implicating Giuliani and Barr. If he's playing anyone, this is an odd way to play it.

Who is deleting tweets?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-26-2019, 05:02 PM)Gabe Wrote: He's been deleting tweets. He's suggesting members of his own administration be executed for treason. He's implicating Giuliani and Barr. If he's playing anyone, this is an odd way to play it.

Who is "He"?
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

A little unknown tidbit regarding criminal matters between the United States and Ukraine titled the Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters.
https://www.congress.gov/treaty-document...ument-text

A list of ratified treaties and agreements can be found here:
https://www.state.gov/wp-content/uploads...ersion.pdf
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

This isn't a Dem vs Rep thing and never has been. It's always been the Deep State vs A Guy They Don't Control.

(09-26-2019, 05:42 PM)B2hibry Wrote: A little unknown tidbit regarding criminal matters between the United States and Ukraine titled the Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters.

We have treaties like this with *many* countries.
The idea is we help them prosecute violations of their law, they help us prosecute violations of ours.  They help execute our search warrants, we help them execute theirs.
All requests are dealt with case by case and there are many grounds to refuse assistance.
Nothing in this treaty or any other you might find speaks to us trying to force another country to prosecute someone.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(09-26-2019, 07:26 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 05:42 PM)B2hibry Wrote: A little unknown tidbit regarding criminal matters between the United States and Ukraine titled the Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters.

We have treaties like this with *many* countries.
The idea is we help them prosecute violations of their law, they help us prosecute violations of ours.  They help execute our search warrants, we help them execute theirs.
All requests are dealt with case by case and there are many grounds to refuse assistance.
Nothing in this treaty or any other you might find speaks to us trying to force another country to prosecute someone.

Awwwwww. Liar liar.

(09-26-2019, 05:21 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Who is deleting tweets?

I'm referring to the panicked, all-caps meltdown earlier today. 

(09-26-2019, 05:36 PM)B2hibry Wrote:

Who is "He"?

Can't recall.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(09-26-2019, 07:56 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 05:21 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Who is deleting tweets?

I'm referring to the panicked, all-caps meltdown earlier today. 

(09-26-2019, 05:36 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Who is "He"?

Can't recall.

Lolz.  Anyone reffering to the transcripts as extremely damaging obviouslynhasnt been paying attention

(09-26-2019, 07:59 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 07:56 PM)Gabe Wrote: I'm referring to the panicked, all-caps meltdown earlier today. 

Can't recall.

Lolz.  Anyone reffering to the transcripts as extremely damaging obviouslynhasnt been paying attention

I'm referring to his behavior while "playing others" since this has all started to unravel - arguably odd, even for DJT.

(09-26-2019, 07:50 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 07:26 PM)mikesez Wrote: We have treaties like this with *many* countries.

Awwwwww. Liar liar.

You don't think Trump and his team were trying to force Ukraine to do what they want? You don't like the word force? What word would you use?

We've been trying to force countries to do stuff for 70 years. What do you think those 800 overseas bases are for? You don't even need an implied threat when you have the 6th Fleet stationed in the guy's country.

(09-26-2019, 09:09 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: We've been trying to force countries to do stuff for 70 years.  What do you think those 800 overseas bases are for?  You don't even need an implied threat when you have the 6th Fleet stationed in the guy's country.

Yep.  Which is why we have to be even more careful what we say.  Things can be perceived as threats easily.

2nd whistleblower flying under the radar. This one IRS related

(09-26-2019, 09:54 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 09:09 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: We've been trying to force countries to do stuff for 70 years.  What do you think those 800 overseas bases are for?  You don't even need an implied threat when you have the 6th Fleet stationed in the guy's country.

Yep.  Which is why we have to be even more careful what we say.  Things can be perceived as threats easily.

Son of a [BLEEP]!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2019, 10:15 PM by jj82284.)

(09-26-2019, 10:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 09:54 PM)mikesez Wrote: Yep.  Which is why we have to be even more careful what we say.  Things can be perceived as threats easily.

Son of a [BLEEP]!

Plus 1

(09-26-2019, 08:59 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 07:50 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Awwwwww. Liar liar.

You don't think Trump and his team were trying to force Ukraine to do what they want? You don't like the word force? What word would you use?

Its not about what i like.  Its about what the evidence supports.  He asked the guy, guy said he wasnt pressured, thanks 4 playing!

(09-26-2019, 10:02 PM)Gabe Wrote: 2nd whistleblower flying under the radar. This one IRS related

The tax returns again?  My gosh.

(09-26-2019, 10:02 PM)Gabe Wrote: 2nd whistleblower flying under the radar. This one IRS related

Another third hand account or an actual real whistleblower?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

As an aside, CBS is reporting tonight that the whistleblower complaint contains factual errors. It's almost like the "complaint" is just rumor mongering by a bitter partisan whack job.

(09-26-2019, 10:52 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: As an aside, CBS is reporting tonight that the whistleblower complaint contains factual errors. It's almost like the "complaint" is just rumor mongering by a bitter partisan whack job.

Jussie Smollett was the whistleblower?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

What do you guys think of the way the White House tried to hide the transcript of the phone call? Apparently, they moved it from the usual location that would hold transcripts of phone calls to a server that was highly restricted. Why would they try to hide it like that? Did they know they had a problem if that phone call leaked out?