Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

https://twitter.com/johnreid64/status/11...31105?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-27-2019, 01:40 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/johnreid64/status/11...31105?s=21

Send the Jet Shad

Wait... So the sickness, injury and baby were all real?! Ya don't say.....

(09-27-2019, 01:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wait... So the sickness, injury and baby were all real?! Ya don't say.....

...well, at least the baby. Ninja
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-27-2019, 01:48 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 01:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wait... So the sickness, injury and baby were all real?! Ya don't say.....

...well, at least the baby. Ninja
So the Jags are covering up all his lies?! This story is JUICY!

(09-27-2019, 01:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 01:48 PM)Jagwired Wrote: ...well, at least the baby. Ninja
So the Jags are covering up all his lies?! This story is JUICY!
Of course they are. Who wants to trade for someone that's pulling the [BLEEP] he is? Juicy isn't the word. Maybe slimy.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-27-2019, 01:03 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 12:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.nj.com/eagles/2019/09/nfl-ru...again.html
1st 2nd Godert and Johnson. Done deal.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That's not going to happen. Here's what I would do with the Eagles. I want the following on the table, they either take it or leave it:

2020's 1st & 3rd RD picks
2021's 1st, 2nd & 5th RD picks
Jordan Howard at RB
Zach Ertz at TE

They're desperate for a Superbowl win and feel the weakest link is CB. They pay a premium for it.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2019, 02:31 PM by knarnn.)

https://twitter.com/demetrius82/status/1...22976?s=21
https://twitter.com/demetrius82/status/1...59618?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-27-2019, 02:02 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 01:03 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: 1st 2nd Godert and Johnson. Done deal.

That's not going to happen. Here's what I would do with the Eagles. I want the following on the table, they either take it or leave it:

Jordan Howard at RB
Zach Ertz at TE

They're desperate for a Superbowl win and feel the weakest link is CB. They pay a premium for it.

love it
but Eagles would laugh

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2019, 03:18 PM by KABD.)

(09-25-2019, 04:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 04:34 PM)KABD Wrote: Randy Moss.

Khalil Mack was worth two 1st round picks in separate years.  Ramsey shouldn't be worth more than that, especially with his shenanigans. But I'd be shocked if 1 of the 30 teams that are rumored to have contacted them about Ramsey hasn't at least offered up a 1st+ a 2nd the following season or more.  We're not getting more than the Raiders got for Mack.

A guy in his 13th NFL season wanting to go home is a LOT different than a 3rd year player having a respect rub with the front office.  But good job pulling that one out of the memory banks anyway.

I have no idea what has been offered for Ramsey but I don't disagree with the rest of your post on that topic.  I think the Jags just might take a first and second if they had a good feel they were going to be relatively high picks. 
I do not think they are going to take something like pick 24 and 56 from a team that's locked and loaded for a playoff run unless it comes packaged with a player at a position of need.
They got rid of the one player who wasn't all in and requested to be traded. I'm right you're wrong!  Belicheck and the Pats owner wouldn't ever put a player ahead of the team and look this desperate.

The Raiders traded Mack away to a very good Bears team and got two late 1st rounders out of it.  The Jaguars need to take the best offer or wait and keep the distraction.

I think he rented a baby..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-27-2019, 03:06 PM)KABD Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 04:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: A guy in his 13th NFL season wanting to go home is a LOT different than a 3rd year player having a respect rub with the front office.  But good job pulling that one out of the memory banks anyway.

I have no idea what has been offered for Ramsey but I don't disagree with the rest of your post on that topic.  I think the Jags just might take a first and second if they had a good feel they were going to be relatively high picks. 
I do not think they are going to take something like pick 24 and 56 from a team that's locked and loaded for a playoff run unless it comes packaged with a player at a position of need.
They got rid of the one player who wasn't all in and requested to be traded. I'm right you're wrong!  Belicheck and the Pats owner wouldn't ever put a player ahead of the team and look this desperate.

The Raiders traded Mack away to a very good Bears team and got two late 1st rounders out of it.  The Jaguars need to take the best offer or wait and keep the distraction.

Whatever you need to tell yourself. 

If you think comparing year 13 Randy Moss to year 3 Jalen Ramsey is apples and apples, I can't help you with that. 

How are the Jags putting Ramsey ahead of the team exactly? 
They just won a primetime game in the midst of Jalen's unfulfilled trade request. 
You know what would be the stupidest thing the Jags could do?
Trading Ramsey to the highest bidder early without waiting for a proper bid to come to the table. There are 5 weeks till the trade deadline. Patience may pay a high return in draft capital.

Jordan Howard at RB
Zach Ertz at TE

they need to throw in Cox and then I would think about it

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2019, 04:02 PM by Caldrac.)

(09-27-2019, 02:54 PM)jagshype Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 02:02 PM)Caldrac Wrote: That's not going to happen. Here's what I would do with the Eagles. I want the following on the table, they either take it or leave it:

Jordan Howard at RB
Zach Ertz at TE

love it
but Eagles would laugh

Give it a few more weeks. If they keep working Goedert into the passing game more while scaling back Howard's volume in favor of their rookie Sanders? Anything is possible.

I think a 1st and 3rd in next year's draft, which would probably give them a high 20's slot anyways in both rounds, plus a pair of offensive players that they probably plan or planned on moving away from going into next year as well makes a lot of sense for them if they feel Ramsey gives their defense the final nail in the coffin to put them back over the hill. 

I think they might push back more on the 2021 draft pick request if anything. If that's the case, maybe drop the 1st RD pick and 5th RD pick and just ask them for their 2nd & 3rd RD pick's instead.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-27-2019, 03:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 02:02 PM)Caldrac Wrote: That's not going to happen. Here's what I would do with the Eagles. I want the following on the table, they either take it or leave it:

Jordan Howard at RB
Zach Ertz at TE

they need to throw in Cox and then I would think about it

Maybe include Doug Peterson while we’re at it.

(09-27-2019, 04:04 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 03:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: they need to throw in Cox and then I would think about it

Maybe include Doug Peterson while we’re at it.

That's just being greedy. LOL.

I thought about mentioning Fletcher Cox. But it would be a bad move overall. You don't want to part ways with a guy that's pretty much been one of the top two - three interior pass rushers in the NFL now for awhile. He's right up there with guys like Aaron Donald and Geno Atkins. 

My biggest thing is that if they're going to part ways with Ramsey. They really need to add onto the offense then to help Minshew out as quickly as possible. Having a TE and RB like Ertz and Howard could be just enough to give this offense a 7.0+ PPG average swing. I still think the front four is more than capable of backing up the secondary. 

And I think Bouye could be a good enough CB1 with some of these younger guys working in behind him. That's where Todd Wash starts to truly cut his teeth and earn his paycheck then as far as I am concerned. If they ship Ramsey off mid season and Wash somehow keeps this defensive unit running at a top 5 - 10 level and they somehow sneak into the play-off's with a surprising rookie at QB?

Wash is a front runner going into 2020 if a head coaching job opens up.

Ramsey wants to be paid as well. That will impact what teams are willing to part with. 

No way that suggested PHI haul flies.

If Shad is smart, he sends a nice gift bundle to the hospital, with a note that he did the right thing to be there for his daughter and s/o, and sign it "T.C."

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2019, 04:38 PM by Caldrac.)

(09-27-2019, 04:16 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Ramsey wants to be paid as well. That will impact what teams are willing to part with. 

No way that suggested PHI haul flies.

Again, they want a premium player? They need to pay a premium price for it. They're getting a premier player at the CB position at a young age that would lock down any team's No. 1 receiver on a man-to-man basis in a Jim Schwartz style defense. He literally takes away one side of the entire football field if he's on his A game. Which 9 times out of 10 he is. 

They would be getting either a 24 year old RB in Howard who they were trying to ship off anyway at some point this year and they've been trying to feature Sanders more out of the backfield having invested a decent draft pick on him back in April. And with Ertz they would be getting a 28 year old TE who they drafted Goedert last year to more than likely bump up the depth chart going into next year anyway. 

So I don't think it's THAT far fetched to believe. They may NOT want to part ways with BOTH players but they certainly wouldn't mind forking over at least one of them given that they're pretty well off on the depth chart. Draft wise they're giving up at the minimum mid to late 1st & 2nd RD picks in next year's draft and a 2nd and 3rd RD pick in 2021's draft. 

Small price to pay IMHO for a guaranteed shutdown CB for late picks anyways where they're glaringly hurting for talent and consistency.

Jordan Howard at RB
Zach Ertz at TE

Needs Carson Wentz imo