Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

Yes the Jags can survive without him.

Bouye played well and believe he could be our starting corner. The jags just need to find a guy on the other side. If the jags can find a guy who is just competent it's good enough. Clearly Herndon is not the answer.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nothing against Herndon but all their offence pretty much went right at him. Just saying how much difference we saw today

Ramsey is a great player and this year we need him but I think a large portion of that is based on the lack of Corner depth. 

Tre Herndon is solid and will most likely improve but right now he's a 2nd year UDFA making his 2nd start. 

I think will a bolstering of secondary talent the defense could survive well enough going forward if things don't improve with Ramsey.

(09-30-2019, 12:48 AM)BamboozledAgain Wrote: Nothing against Herndon but all their offence pretty much went right at him. Just saying how much difference we saw today

The problem is, this is an answer to a question the jaguars are not asking. Jaguars FO have put it out there multiple times that they want Ramsey. Ramsey has also put it out there multiple times that despite $$ or Jaguars wanting him, he wants out. 

So looking at this in a positive light- we have proven that we can lose with Ramsey too. Ha! 

Personally- I hope the competitor in Ramsey gets a spark and decides to change his mind. He could grow a mustache after all and stay a Jaguar. Smile

We NEED Ramsey.

Herndon was exposed horribly today.

Don't know why we were dilly dilly'ing around with Ramsey when he clearly deserved the extension more than Jack and contract negotiations with Yan. I get the difference between the contract length differences on rookie deals with where each player was picked but still...

(09-29-2019, 11:33 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 11:23 PM)Sneakers Wrote: If so, it may not prove to be especially brilliant.  As GM, how motivated are you to pay all the money to a guy who, you believe, wants to be gone anyway, especially when you know you'll always be dealing with a prima donna?

Or you look at Minshew and wonder what he could do with that same money thrown at his offensive line...

(09-29-2019, 11:32 PM)Bullseye Wrote: In their Super Bowl wins, the Patriots have had Ty Law, Aqib Talib, Darelle Revis and Steohon Gilmore  at CB.  While it may be true you don't necessarily need a shot down CB to win it all, it certainly helps, and the Patriots are the last team you should vote to prove your point.

Herndon was beaten for two TDs.

My point isn’t that you don’t need a good defense, my point was to not put all of our focus on one guy on defense. 

Our defense was better than the Pats defense in 2017.Who won the AFC and why?

We FINALLY have a good QB and quite frankly, I didn’t see the defense holding us back today, I saw the offensive line. Yes, I would have liked to see the defense as a whole play better, but watching Minshew have to pull Michael Jackson dance moves to get passes off was painful.
Hate to break it to you champ, but we have at least $60 million dedicated to just Norwell and Linder (for below average play given their contracts for the most part).

Not even mentioning the two 1st round draft picks at the bookends who will probably get paid big too.

We KNOW Jalen is an all-pro corner who shuts down the opposing #1 WR weekly. He deserves the money and we certainly need his talent on the field.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2019, 01:21 AM by Corriewf.)

(09-30-2019, 01:08 AM)enigma Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 11:33 PM)Corriewf Wrote: Or you look at Minshew and wonder what he could do with that same money thrown at his offensive line...

My point isn’t that you don’t need a good defense, my point was to not put all of our focus on one guy on defense. 

Our defense was better than the Pats defense in 2017.Who won the AFC and why?

We FINALLY have a good QB and quite frankly, I didn’t see the defense holding us back today, I saw the offensive line. Yes, I would have liked to see the defense as a whole play better, but watching Minshew have to pull Michael Jackson dance moves to get passes off was painful.
Hate to break it to you champ, but we have at least $60 million dedicated to just Norwell and Linder (for below average play given their contracts for the most part).

Not even mentioning the two 1st round draft picks at the bookends who will probably get paid big too.

We KNOW Jalen is an all-pro corner who shuts down the opposing #1 WR weekly. He deserves the money and we certainly need his talent on the field.

We have all had that one friend... that one guy that doesn’t take no.. just doesn’t get she’s not into him. 

Right now..we are being that guy. He doesn’t want to be here. He doesn’t care about the money..he doesn’t care how much you need him. He doesn’t care if Herndon played horrible. 

So can we all collectively get over it? It sucks..but it’s over already. Let’s talk about what we do need. I know what we have done on offensive line already but it still stinks. Maybe this is an opportunity.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2019, 01:32 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

I thought Hayden could play on the outside? I thought maybe Herndon would hold up after seeing that nice break up deep down the sideline but he was getting killed on the boundary. Not helping was the fact that our anointed studs up front bought into their hype and did nothing all day. Flacco was kept clean all day minus one hit from Hayden on a blind side blitz. Really the defense got whipped all game minus the third quarter where the offense had the ball for most of it.
No pain, no gain.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2019, 01:45 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

Yea I'm sure Herndon will shut down Deandre Hopkins. Put down the pipe. No one is winning with Ramsey on the sideline, not he or the team. Someone needs to just step in and let Jalen be Jalen and pay him anyway. As someone said before, money talks. He sat there on the sideline watching us win the game despite his replacement getting abused. That has to eat at him. Flacco didn't even look at anything else and we didn't have the pass rush to bail him out anyways.
No pain, no gain.

If we had Ramsey, Minshew wouldn't have needed to make that game winning drive.

NEED? Maybe not, but boy it would be helpful.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2019, 03:02 AM by knarnn.)

Well it doesn’t look like he’ll be traded. At least not this year as we’ve already turned down a 2 first round pick offer:

Quote: The Jaguars could have had two first-round picks from one club, according to a league source, but believed those selections would end up too close to 32nd overall for their liking.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jagua...-saga/amp/

Coupled with the fact that Khan isn’t willing to deal him:

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-jaguars...21551.html
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

It's crazy to think about what the score would have been if Ramsey played that game. They wouldn't have had as many as they did and I think we would have ended with a little more than zero sacks. Probably several coverage sacks.

I know we all saw Khan say he wants to make him the highest paid CB but have they actually offered him money yet or is that a Coughlin decision and he hasn't agreed to it yet?

(09-30-2019, 01:31 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: I thought Hayden could play on the outside? I thought maybe Herndon would hold up after seeing that nice break up deep down the sideline but he was getting killed on the boundary. Not helping was the fact that our anointed studs up front bought into their hype and did nothing all day. Flacco was kept clean all day minus one hit from Hayden on a blind side blitz. Really the defense got whipped all game minus the third quarter where the offense had the ball for most of it.

I could not agree more. In my view, Hayden is a better and certainly more pedigreed corner than poor Herndon. Try him outside, where he played in Detroit, see what happens. Especially after seeing Herndon was overwhelmed. But we don't coach. We fan. Thanks to Fournette, Stache, and the unfairly overlooked tough as nails Westbrook, who in my opinion, won us the game. Without that Dede shuffle, we do not get to scoring range...
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Ramsey makes this team better. I don’t think anyone doubts that. I wish he would put the ego aside for a while, at least until the offseason.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Oh my God. First time in this obtuse insular thread. He flew with the freaking team and gave himself up to play. Medical tests proved otherwise. The back wasn't ready. He is a pro. He doesn't want to be here, but he will PLAY here if he can, until otherwise.

He did not feign injuries or personal circumstances. He has an overblown ego which becomes non existent between the lines. He WILL play EVERY TIME if cleared to do so, despite not liking you. Give the freaking dumb jock kid a break.

In my view, much of the glaringly apparent inferior complex of Jacksonville, whom I know well, reeks here. He doesn't like you. It happens. Obviously aggravated by TC and whomever. He will play for you meanwhile, if healthy. Let him, and enjoy the better defensive outputs with him in the lineup whilst you have him. Maybe for the Long haul. Who knows. Just stop villifying him because the clearly brash, short-sighted, young boy doesn't think whack Jville is worthy, to him.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2019, 04:12 AM by Eric1.)

(09-30-2019, 03:36 AM)knarnn Wrote: Ramsey makes this team better. I don’t think anyone doubts that. I wish he would put the ego aside for a while, at least until the offseason.

It goes both ways though with the ego.. Coughlin needs to keep his outdated ego upstairs in his office. He's the main cause of most of the problems with this team and why Ramsey wants out.

Oh noes Eric. It's all on the inmates, as dim folks like Ameritus, Yoda etc would say. Their reaction don't matter. Shut up and dribble.

(09-30-2019, 03:25 AM)BritJag Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 01:31 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: I thought Hayden could play on the outside? I thought maybe Herndon would hold up after seeing that nice break up deep down the sideline but he was getting killed on the boundary. Not helping was the fact that our anointed studs up front bought into their hype and did nothing all day. Flacco was kept clean all day minus one hit from Hayden on a blind side blitz. Really the defense got whipped all game minus the third quarter where the offense had the ball for most of it.

I could not agree more. In my view, Hayden is a better and certainly more pedigreed corner than poor Herndon. Try him outside, where he played in Detroit, see what happens. Especially after seeing Herndon was overwhelmed. But we don't coach. We fan. Thanks to Fournette, Stache, and the unfairly overlooked tough as nails Westbrook, who in my opinion, won us the game. Without that Dede shuffle, we do not get to scoring range...

You're just making things worse by moving Hayden outside. He's proven to be a good nickle CB. He hasn't shown much outside.

So now you move him outside in hopes he'll play well, all while opening up a big hole at nickle CB. Now you got two question marks when you only had one.

The smart thing to do is do whatever it takes to make Ramsey happy. I said it from the start and I'll say it again.... You simply DON'T trade away your best player, especially when he's just entering the prime of his career. Teams who trade away their best players are how bad teams stay bad. You simply don't do it.

Get rid of the old dude named Coughlin, who's on his way out anyways. I mean lets be realistic here... Ramsey is 24, Coughlin is 74... Who would you rather be here for the next 4-8+ years?

(09-30-2019, 04:29 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 03:25 AM)BritJag Wrote: I could not agree more. In my view, Hayden is a better and certainly more pedigreed corner than poor Herndon. Try him outside, where he played in Detroit, see what happens. Especially after seeing Herndon was overwhelmed. But we don't coach. We fan. Thanks to Fournette, Stache, and the unfairly overlooked tough as nails Westbrook, who in my opinion, won us the game. Without that Dede shuffle, we do not get to scoring range...

You're just making things worse by moving Hayden outside. He's proven to be a good nickle CB. He hasn't shown much outside.

So now you move him outside in hopes he'll play well, all while opening up a big hole at nickle CB. Now you got two question marks when you only had one.

The smart thing to do is do whatever it takes to make Ramsey happy. I said it from the start and I'll say it again.... You simply DON'T trade away your best player, especially when he's just entering the prime of his career. Teams who trade away their best players are how bad teams stay bad. You simply don't do it.

Get rid of the old dude named Coughlin, who's on his way out anyways. I mean lets be realistic here... Ramsey is 24, Coughlin is 74... Who would you rather be here for the next 4-8+ years?

Be careful on absolutes. We do not know how Hayden may have faired outside, today. We also know Herndon 'can play' inside, per coach. If the Denver brass thought they can target that one player in your secondary on the perimeter, and did it repeatedly, with success, an alternate quick fix plan is not unwarranted. 

They did mix it up 2nd half, no?