Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shad Khan shuts down Ramsey trade talk

https://twitter.com/AP_NFL/status/117956...73858?s=09

One of the smartest things Shad has done football wise over the last few years is taking control of this Jalen situation. Taking the control away from an invested party (Tom) and being firm on both demands and what's happening has been great news.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Guess Jalens dad is gong to have to wait a couple more years for that Cadillac.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2019, 09:33 PM by JackCity.)

(10-02-2019, 09:28 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Guess Jalens dad is gong to have to wait a couple more years for that Cadillac.

I don't even know what thats supposed to mean

(10-02-2019, 09:26 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/AP_NFL/status/117956...73858?s=09

One of the smartest things Shad has done football wise over the last few years is taking control of this Jalen situation. Taking the control away from an invested party (Tom) and being firm on both demands and what's happening has been great news.

I wonder what his angle is? Did you he volunteer to set a precedent for the other owners in exchange for more London games? 

If not, I'd be happy to ship out Jalen for two first rounders. If one of those first rounders turned into an AJ Bouye-caliber corner who doesn't pout and undermine his head coach, coupled with another first round talent, it's a solid win. That's in addition to all the cap savings of not having to extend him.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Good, doesn’t make sense to trade him now anyways. Jags are tied for first, why get rid of your best player? They’ll be able to get equal compensation during the offseason if he still refuses a long term deal. The only way I see him traded this season is if we lose the next couple games before the trade deadline and some team gets super desperate and offers a ridiculous deal like better than Mack’s deal.

(10-02-2019, 09:35 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 09:26 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/AP_NFL/status/117956...73858?s=09

I wonder what his angle is? Did you he volunteer to set a precedent for the other owners in exchange for more London games? 

If not, I'd be happy to ship out Jalen for two first rounders. If one of those first rounders turned into an AJ Bouye-caliber corner who doesn't pout and undermine his head coach, coupled with another first round talent, it's a solid win. That's in addition to all the cap savings of not having to extend him.

What is his angle? Probably not wanting to lose a young star like Ramsey who's by far your most marketable (Minshew catching up) asset and a top 3 player on the team.

(10-02-2019, 09:35 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

I guess the trade talks hasn't been shut down.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Best player on the team thats why...
No Fun

Guess the balls in Jalens court now. He seemed to want the Titans game to be his last with the team. Although the team has all the cards, Jalen had to think of and plan for this possibility. Will he suddenly become the ultimate team player or will he become more toxic?

(10-02-2019, 09:46 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote: Guess the balls in Jalens court now. He seemed to want the Titans game to be his last with the team. Although the team has all the cards, Jalen had to think of and plan for this possibility. Will he suddenly become the ultimate team player or will he become more toxic?

Personally I think Jalen is still gonna try get out of here by any means necessary. But the alternative wouldn't totally surprise me either.

I would've took 2 first rounders for him, maybe trade a second rounder for Casey Heyward or get Josh norman. Trade him to the skins or dolphins.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2019, 10:00 PM by Mowerguy.)

New ailment coming in ......5,4,3,2....

or he may a page from GMII book and try to break his hand.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

The quote from Khan included the phrase "right now" which renders it meaningless as far as being held to it beyond the moment he made it. However, it does put the ball in Ramsey's court as mentioned above. If I'm the Jags, two 1st rounders from a contending team (late picks) isn't really enough in my mind and I don't think a non-contending team is going to offer such a deal. I'd basically let Ramsey know he can either get comfortable playing for this team or he can retire a Jaguar now because taking significantly less than fair market value for a player simply because he doesn't want to be under contract here will be setting an awful precedent moving forward.

I think Ramsey never wanted to be drafted here, but couldn't do anything about it the first few years of his rookie deal. Now that he sees the light at the end of the tunnel (free agency potentially near), he's trying to manufacture leverage where he has none to get what he wants versus being forced to stay several more years with the 5th year option and potential for 2 tags to follow.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2019, 10:37 PM by Jagsbch.)

Thank you! In house drama! Treat it as such! This means payday!

You can’t have the best CB tandem in the NFL without one of them getting PAID!

Only talk unless it’s enforced. Make him play or don’t let him stay.

Seems like he wants to shoulder the responsibility of making the decision so that Ramsey doesn’t continue taking his frustration out on the front office.

(10-02-2019, 11:28 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Seems like he wants to shoulder the responsibility of making the decision so that Ramsey doesn’t continue taking his frustration out on the front office.

And also minimize Tom's involvement.

Burn his feet and complain about the helmet.

(10-02-2019, 11:40 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 11:28 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Seems like he wants to shoulder the responsibility of making the decision so that Ramsey doesn’t continue taking his frustration out on the front office.

And also minimize Tom's involvement.

Yup, should just get rid of Tom now and make everybody happy. He's just a black cloud hanging over this franchise anyways.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019, 12:49 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

The timing of it all is pretty stupid. It wasn't really an issue until he went to the sideline acting like a baby because Marrone didn't throw the red flag in that Houston game. Team bounced back and had a dramatic come back win on the road without him and Herndon was complete trash. The team will be fine without him going forward but Herndon definitely isn't the answer there.
No pain, no gain.