Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shad Khan shuts down Ramsey trade talk

Because Khan is gonna pay him.

I have a feeling Jalen's back would feel much better with $20mil in his pocket

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-03-2019, 12:29 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 11:40 PM)JackCity Wrote: And also minimize Tom's involvement.

Yup, should just get rid of Tom now and make everybody happy. He's just a black cloud hanging over this franchise anyways.

Not sure Tom would be officially fired in this setting. If the team collapses like a bad souffle, then he may fire the entire FO/Coaching staff. But otherwise, Tom would have a "unofficially" forced retirement this off season.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019, 02:51 AM by Eric1.)

(10-03-2019, 02:33 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 12:29 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Yup, should just get rid of Tom now and make everybody happy. He's just a black cloud hanging over this franchise anyways.

Not sure Tom would be officially fired in this setting. If the team collapses like a bad souffle, then he may fire the entire FO/Coaching staff. But otherwise, Tom would have a "unofficially" forced retirement this off season.

So just tell him to officially resign then. He's outdated anyways..

Is there any other franchise in sports history who had a 75 year old "running" the show before? Highly doubtful and the only thing he's running is trying to run this franchise into the ground for the 2nd time..

It's looking like Khan is starting to see this though and hopefully Coughlin will be gone in this coming off season, at the latest.

But Jalen might not be able to play unless that pesky hangnail stops acting up!

I still say he'll be traded in the off season. I'm 70% sure of it.

I've always thought Coughlin's role here was three-fold: provide solid, football knowledge and experience to Mr. Khan; bring a level of toughness and accountability to the team; serve as a mentor of sorts to Dave Caldwell so he could shed the GM training wheels.

He's done that with varying degrees of success in all three areas and it may be time to walk away.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Did Jalen practice Monday or Wednesday?

The thing is Jalen and his "feelings" were probably hurt by TC simply telling him he shouldn't have gone off on Doug.
Like the incident last year when LF27 sat on the bench with his lip poked out ....TC gave them the business.
LF27 thought about it off season and came back more mature.
And now Jalen has painted himself in a corner.....maybe one of our best players.....but not irreplaceable...maybe now he knows.

So many folks here are quick to point finger at TC doing what the owner hired him to do .....now it's the owner ....in a polite way telling him ...you aren't going anywhere
so grow up and come back and play.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019, 08:30 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

I think it only benefits both parties if Jalen comes back and has a typical Jalen season for us. The rest will work itself out. Any sort of trade or extension won't happen until after the season I think. Playing sick and finding reasons to not participate with the team is only going to hurt both the organization and the player.

I'm glad Khan stepped in to try and reason with them. Both sides might be making a big mistake.
No pain, no gain.

(10-02-2019, 11:28 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Seems like he wants to shoulder the responsibility of making the decision so that Ramsey doesn’t continue taking his frustration out on the front office.

Ah, there it is! That’s the angle. That’s why he’s a billionaire. He knows strategy.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Now sweet Jalen has to decide what to do. Keep on faking injury or play ball. Real simple.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-03-2019, 07:21 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: The thing is Jalen and his "feelings" were probably hurt by TC simply telling him he shouldn't have gone off on Doug.
Like the incident last year when LF27 sat on the bench with his lip poked out ....TC gave them the business.
LF27 thought about it off season and came back more mature.
And now Jalen has painted himself in a corner.....maybe one of our best players.....but not irreplaceable...maybe now he knows.

So many folks here are quick to point finger at TC doing what the owner hired him to do .....now it's the owner ....in a polite way telling him ...you aren't going anywhere
so grow up and come back and play.

This statement from Shad should quiet these people on here who think TC isnt doing what Shad pays him to do while he's doing exactly what Shad pays him to do. But it won't sadly.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

2 years and franchise tag him as much as we can.
No Fun

(10-03-2019, 08:39 AM)nhiverson Wrote: 2 years and franchise tag him as much as we can.

"No, no, he wants out and we must let him go because reasons!!!!!"  Rolleyes

I agree with you.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If we keep winning while Minshew Mania brings increasing attention to the Jaguars and he gets a fat new contract, that’s just exactly what Ramsey wants: money and a spotlight. I think things will work out.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019, 08:56 AM by Mowerguy.)

Maybe .....just MAYBE.....he plays this Sunday......
so the media will shut up and make a mountain out of some other molehill.  Rolleyes
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-03-2019, 07:59 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Now sweet Jalen has to decide what to do. Keep on faking injury or play ball. Real simple.

That's actually a very good point - if Ramsey continues to complain of an ailing back, and fails to see the field for the duration of the season, or until we move him, what team is going to risk a 9-figure contract (or dang close) on a guy who has already revolted against one team's management and may have a nagging, career-threatening injury?

The injury can certainly have merit - but either way, every game missed where the reason is medical and not personal is going to nibble away at that second contract's value.

(10-03-2019, 07:59 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Now sweet Jalen has to decide what to do. Keep on faking injury or play ball. Real simple.
You're gonna die on that hill my friend.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019, 09:00 AM by Predator.)

(10-03-2019, 05:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I still say he'll be traded in the off season. I'm 70% sure of it.

The only problem with that is that the owner seems 100% committed to keeping him.

He trumps everyone in the organization.

What it tells me is that keeping Ramsey is a bigger priority to Khan than keeping the staff.

(10-03-2019, 08:58 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
You're gonna die on that hill my friend.

C'mon Cleatwood, do you at this point actually believe that Ramsey has/had a legit injury that kept him out of his first game ever? Too much coincidence for me my friend.

[Image: Compare2.jpg?maxwidth=650&autorotate=false]
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.