Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars @ Panthers Game Day Thread***

(10-06-2019, 04:33 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Clean up the penalties. Tighten up the safety play against the run and they win today. Not a bad loss. Its a game they can learn from. At least it's an out of conference loss.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I'm tired hearing that this is a game we can learn from.  We don't learn anything.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Minshew shouldn't be discouraged. Great performance keeping the team in the game. We had ZERO freaking defense.
No pain, no gain.

(10-06-2019, 04:34 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Its such crap, so many questionable flags

And of course, at the end of the game, they let em play

Bogus league and bias towards big market teams

Carolina isn't a big market team.

Close loss on the road to good team. It sucks, but we’ll see how they respond next week.

We need Telvin and Jalen back on that field. We also need a DT presence. CMC just destroyed our front 7.

The defense is good enough. The scheming is terrible.

Teddy Bridgewater is playing well for NO.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2019, 04:39 PM by JaguarJosh05.)

Nice game by Minshew and the offense. Just have to be more poised in the pocket, seemed jittery back there. His counterpart offense didn't have to even play the game except toss and hand the ball to their RB's.
No pain, no gain.

(10-06-2019, 04:36 PM)jagman Wrote:
(10-06-2019, 04:33 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Clean up the penalties. Tighten up the safety play against the run and they win today. Not a bad loss. Its a game they can learn from. At least it's an out of conference loss.

I'm tired hearing that this is a game we can learn from.  We don't learn anything.
They learned from Houston. They'll learn from Carolina. This team has a 1996 feel to them. Get used to it. They'll be streaky all year. Win, win, loss, loss, win, win, win, loss, loss, etc.

They'll still compete for a play off spot. Just a lot of guys learning how to gel still. Need Oliver to get his [BLEEP] out there. I think losing O'Shaughnessy changed the offensive approach.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I'm not even mad. That was a competitive game. The turnovers and the refs jobbing us cost the game. We looked bad at times (defense), but we got game.

(10-06-2019, 04:38 PM)Marylandjagsfan89 Wrote: The defense is good enough. The scheming is terrible.

Yep

(10-06-2019, 04:35 PM)jaglyn Wrote: How many more Christian McCaffrey type players do we face for the rest of the season?

Hopefully none

Lol, we got Kamara next week!

(10-06-2019, 04:37 PM)Jords808 Wrote: We need Telvin and Jalen back on that field. We also need a DT presence. CMC just destroyed our front 7.

Yeah, Jalen would have made all those tackles that the LB's couldn't make.  He is the whole team...pay him $75,000,000.

The fact we over came all that crap and had a chance at the end is just a testament to what this team can be going forward. Defense has to find out what it wants to do because they aren't doing squat these days.
No pain, no gain.

(10-06-2019, 04:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm not even mad. That was a competitive game. The turnovers and the refs jobbing us cost the game. We looked bad at times (defense), but we got game.

Lol at the defense only looking bad at times. Whatever makes you feel better, I guess

(10-06-2019, 04:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm not even mad. That was a competitive game. The turnovers and the refs jobbing us cost the game. We looked bad at times (defense), but we got game.

This is it. We did enough to get blown out but we were still in it til the last play.

Our problems are things we can fix. Penalties and run D. We just need to actually fix them.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2019, 04:42 PM by jaglyn.)

(10-06-2019, 04:36 PM)Predator Wrote:
(10-06-2019, 04:34 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Its such crap, so many questionable flags

And of course, at the end of the game, they let em play

Bogus league and bias towards big market teams

Carolina isn't a big market team.

I knew someone was gonna say that

But I kinda meant that big market teams get to play their style of football.

Jags get ticky tack calls against them, and don't get any favors regardless of who they play

On the bright side, look at the numbers Minshew is putting up on his 5th game as a pro

(10-06-2019, 04:39 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-06-2019, 04:35 PM)jaglyn Wrote: How many more Christian McCaffrey type players do we face for the rest of the season?

Hopefully none

Lol, we got Kamara next week!
Which means they can essentially expect the same type of attack offensively. They have a solid front four on defense too. Cannot turn it over but these lineman better put anchors around their waists. Norwell got [BLEEP] handled into Minshew. That's embarrassing.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Imagine if Bortles had been in this game. We'd be down 52-7. Minshew and the offense almost overcame the penalities and turnovers to win the game.

Good and bad from the game. The big thing is just beating ourselves with penalties and not doing the #1 thing in football which is stop the run.
No pain, no gain.