Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Do you recall any offensive holding

...calls against the Saints?

I ask  because of a pic in this article.  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...eter-king/

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...eter-king/

In the pic, Ngakoue was rushing from LDE and the Sai ts blocker has his left hand around Ngakoue 's back.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Taven drew a call.

They were also one of the most penalized OLs coming into the game.

I don't remember many on the OL, maybe 1.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019, 07:54 AM by Lucky2Last.)

I saw several blatant holds that went uncalled. In the game day thread, I complained about a call where one of our linemen was spun around and literally had his back to the QB, pulling the offensive linemen of the Saints toward Bridgewater. It's pathetic that wasn't called. What can be done about it?

(10-14-2019, 06:55 AM)rufftime Wrote: Taven drew a call.

That was the only one that I can recall of. And it was an obvious one that had to be called because he blew up the lineman and was all over the runner in the backfield. It does bother me though that we haven't seen much holding calls thrown in their favor. Especially with guys like Campbell, Ngakoue & Dareus rushing the passer out there. All three of those guys are a handful. 

And I think they said they're 6th or something like that right now in sacks on the year? At any rate. It is what it is. Too many miscues on offense yesterday. The Chark / Minshew disconnect on the seam on that curl route hurt. And then Westbrook not running through his route entirely on that underneath play hurt too. 

I know those two plays sound like it shouldn't have cost them the game but in a one score game where an INT led to a FG it absolutely hurt them. The Saints are a good team though. I didn't expect them to win it yesterday. But they had some chances. They have to mop the floor with the Bengals and Jets though. Want to see at least a 10 point victory or more in each contest. Defense needs to make a damn play on the ball too.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

If I recall, there were one or two. Enough for me to not think of it as much.

Now, if they'd gone all GAME without a holding call? Then I'd be pissed. But the Saints got called for it too.

Typical for us at this point. At least we have some control on the defensive side at this point. Is it a coincidence that Ramsey is sitting and the taunting and other behaviors are down? Not to disparage him but... .well yeah it comes off that way.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Taven got a call. I like what he has done while on the field too.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

We don't get holding calls in our favor like at all. Which is weird considering how I can't watch most games without seeing a half dozen holding calls....

Whatever, we can't bank on help from the refs.

Our D balled anyway.... they weren't the reason for this L

(10-14-2019, 09:58 AM)Kane Wrote: We don't get holding calls in our favor like at all. Which is weird considering how I can't watch most games without seeing a half dozen holding calls....

It's on the WRs for not creating separation and Flip for not scheming them open better.

It's also on Fournette's lazy running style. If I see one more DB one on one tackle him in the open field like it's nothing I'm going to lose my mind.

There was a 3rd down pass where he had the room, he just didn't have the speed or power to avoid a 190lb DB for the first down. What's the point in being so big if you can't fight for 2 yards versus someone that weighs 40lbs less?

Complete penalty log from yesterday's game:

4 penalties in total:
A. Norwell - False Start and Offensive Holding
C. Robinson - Offensive Holding
W. Richardson - Offensive Holding

(10-14-2019, 10:52 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 09:58 AM)Kane Wrote: We don't get holding calls in our favor like at all. Which is weird considering how I can't watch most games without seeing a half dozen holding calls....

It's on the WRs for not creating separation and Flip for not scheming them open better.

It's also on Fournette's lazy running style. If I see one more DB one on one tackle him in the open field like it's nothing I'm going to lose my mind.

There was a 3rd down pass where he had the room, he just didn't have the speed or power to avoid a 190lb DB for the first down. What's the point in being so big if you can't fight for 2 yards versus someone that weighs 40lbs less?

Yeah that was crazy.  It was like he wasn't expecting to have contact.
The Khan Years

I've been done with the refs. We rarely get holding calls while our Dlinemen are getting tackled and pulled on after beating the OL. It is what it is and there's always the excuse that if we played better we still could've won. The league is a joke at this point.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Calais is held on 91% of plays

Either that or I have no clue whats holding.

(10-14-2019, 11:25 AM)jagshype Wrote: Calais is held on 91% of plays

Either that or I have no clue whats holding.

You aren't alone, the refs don't either.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-14-2019, 10:52 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

Excellent post

(10-14-2019, 11:07 AM)Brett Wrote: Complete penalty log from yesterday's game:

4 penalties in total:
A. Norwell - False Start and Offensive Holding
C. Robinson - Offensive Holding
W. Richardson - Offensive Holding

Cam's was an offsetting penalty iirc.

Norwell continues to impress

The Jaguars were called for well below their usual allotment as well. Maybe they just let them play.

(10-14-2019, 04:06 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: The Jaguars were called for well below their usual allotment as well. Maybe they just let them play.

My theory is the Ramsey factor.  Ramsey on the field more swagger and taunting.  Ramsey on the sideline less penalties but a hole in our defense.  Honestly Bridgewater left plays on the field.  If we had scored to tie, they would have won it on the last drive and they weren't really doing anything special.
The Khan Years

All holding calls are offensive to me now. I almost expect one now every time we have a good run.