Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Head Coach— How Appealing is Jax?

I say hire Jeff Lageman,it was because of him jags got rid of ramsey,and he also has football knowladge for all sides of the game. fire doug,and hire Jeff Lageman,then the time will win more.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-16-2019, 05:25 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I say hire Jeff Lageman,it was because of him jags got rid of ramsey,and he also has football knowladge for all sides of the game.    fire doug,and hire Jeff Lageman,then the time will win more.

Lageman has no desire to get back into football as a coach. He's said that several times in several different contexts. I do respect his opinion way more than Boselli though. Smile
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I think the Jags are the situation Mike McCarthy took a year off to wait for. With Capers already here I think it's pretty likely.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

I don't think Tom is gonna be here next year so the Capers stuff won't matter

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 07:14 PM by JaguarJosh05.)

The team can still win. We're still competitive... in the Gus era our games were over by halftime. Just because we shipped out a player that obviously wanted no part of the team/organization and was finding excuses not to participate doesn't mean we're fully rebuilding. I do think we need to dump Coughlin, Caldwell, Wash, Marrone, DeCamillis. We have a nucleus of players to build around into the future. That and 4 first round picks the next 2 years.
No pain, no gain.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 08:16 PM by Upper.)

(10-16-2019, 12:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 12:11 PM)rocdee Wrote: Khan will pay Lincoln Riley 8M per
And he'll turn it down to go to Dallas.

Why on earth would Lincoln Riley leave OU for Jacksonville?

Dallas has the aura, but Jax has just as good of an opportunity on the field. More and better picks, and a not utterly bogged down salary cap.

https://twitter.com/2QBFFB/status/1173576878843674624

(10-16-2019, 06:43 PM)Firesky Wrote: I think the Jags are the situation Mike McCarthy took a year off to wait for. With Capers already here I think it's pretty likely.

I thought the same thing here!! 

What about GM? Who comes in the right the ship?
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Mike McCarthy might actually be a good fit, now that I see y’all mention it. Maybe some of you guys aren’t as dumb as you seem

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2019, 09:38 AM by Kane.)

Here's where I'm thinking...

Louis Riddick GM (he's been in front offices before, he's had interviews recently, he is often talked about someone who could save Washington... and he knew what we had in Bortles all along, I trust his football IQ)
and one of these options in no particular order of preference or likelihood for HC

Mike McCarthy (This guy is good when he has a young QB to mold, was great for GB and just eventually butted heads with the Superstar veteran QB)
John Flip (Current OC has done some good things in his short stint here, probably not likely if we clean house but certainly an option and would keep a cohesive offense for Foles/Minshew)
Mike Leech (obvious reasoning is obvious, but perhaps he has no desire and perhaps he wont even be good in the NFL)
Lincoln Riley (Also no sure thing he wants to go to NFL, but money talks and todays NFL is all about the young offensive minds... he's produced 3--or likely 3-- Heisman QBs, who wouldn't love this guy as their HC/OC)

Leach would be awesome haha

Urban Meyer

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2019, 11:32 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-17-2019, 09:06 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Mike McCarthy might actually be a good fit, now that I see y’all mention it. Maybe some of you guys aren’t as dumb as you seem

No more re-treads.

(10-17-2019, 11:24 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Urban Meyer

He left football because of health issues. It was so bad, that's why he stepped down from one of the premier jobs in college football. He had job security and chances to get into the college playoffs nearly every season with the talent he had. He's not going to come back into a more stressful situation in the NFL.

I strongly agree no more retreads.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2019, 11:55 AM by Kane.)

Hope you are joking.

As a coach dude is awesome I guess.
As a person, not so much.

Between covering for bad guys who did bad things at both UF (hernandez) and OSU (Zach Smith) and then using "health issues" as a reason to step away when things are looking grim (cupboards were bare at UF and he rec'd a lot of backlash from the Smith debacle) this dude wouldn't even be on my list for a JuCo school.

(10-17-2019, 11:46 AM)Upper Wrote: I strongly agree no more retreads.

I can see why this would be an issue for some fans.
But McCarthy isn't just some retread with a name. His only stint as a HC was a very successful one and only ended because of Aaron (not a nice guy) Rodgers.

I wouldn't want a failed retread (McDaniels) or a name for names sake (Norv Turner or Jason Garrett)
As I think about it now... McCarthy might be the only retread I'd be OK with.

Unless JDR is available...  Cool Big Grin Laughing

(10-17-2019, 11:04 AM)JNev Wrote: Leach would be awesome haha

Only if he grows a Min-stache

Meyer quits due to "health concerns" every time he has a team that looks like it's going to suck. Judging by his track record, he'd resign before the team had time to finish unrolling the welcome mat.

I think Foles takes over when he's fully healthy and finishes the season. Minshew is still raw but we have reason to believe he's the future franchise QB. With Chark coming on we have to see what we have in Josh Oliver and sure up the offensive line.
No pain, no gain.

(10-17-2019, 12:03 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 11:04 AM)JNev Wrote: Leach would be awesome haha

Only if he grows a Min-stache

Meyer quits due to "health concerns" every time he has a team that looks like it's going to suck. Judging by his track record, he'd resign before the team had time to finish unrolling the welcome mat.

"Health concerns"  lol.  I dont care if he quits after he wins a championship.  He always wins a championship first and then he quits.  I'd be ok with that

I say fire Marrone after the bye week (if they lose to Cincy) and promote Flip to interim coach. See what he can do. We know he already works well with both QBs on the roster. That way Jags don't lose him and can see if he's truly HC material.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

My god if we fire Marrone and hire from within again...

(10-17-2019, 05:32 PM)Upper Wrote: My god if we fire Marrone and hire from within again...

I think that would be the straw that break the camel's back for me.