Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Head Coach— How Appealing is Jax?

I just want a REALLY thorough search this time. Agreed with some of you, hiring from within isn't the answer. Not with what is here in Wash or Marrone. Even Filip, i'm not crazy about giving another dude his first HC gig overall.

Unless he's had one and I just don't know about it...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-17-2019, 05:32 PM)Upper Wrote: My god if we fire Marrone and hire from within again...

I like Flip so far but I have to agree. 

I like Caldwell too but he's probably out of rope if Marrone goes.

(10-17-2019, 02:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 12:03 PM)TJBender Wrote: Only if he grows a Min-stache

Meyer quits due to "health concerns" every time he has a team that looks like it's going to suck. Judging by his track record, he'd resign before the team had time to finish unrolling the welcome mat.

"Health concerns"  lol.  I dont care if he quits after he wins a championship.  He always wins a championship first and then he quits.  I'd be ok with that

You really want to tell me that this guy wouldn't Spurrier on out of here the second he realized that the Jaguars had a bad team and it was going to take some work to fix it?

(10-17-2019, 06:00 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 05:32 PM)Upper Wrote: My god if we fire Marrone and hire from within again...

I like Flip so far but I have to agree. 

Flip is plenty innovative and fits the profile of creative offensive guru. He's had several successful stops at the NFL level. 

Caldwell doesn't appear to be the driving force behind Marrone's hire. It seems to be Coughlin. The Syracuse ties and other connections over the years. Marrone had the appearance of being a tough, disciplinarian, but he's soft as bologna. He's at least light years ahead of Gus and is capable of being aggressive at times to win playoff games.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

I personally like Caldwell, but if they boot Marrone then I'd bet Caldwell is going too.

If Marrone does poorly this year, they need to get rid of him because we're not going to be more appealing than this offseason. Multiple 1st round picks and a potential franchise QB is going to get a lot of attention.

(10-17-2019, 09:24 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 06:00 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I like Flip so far but I have to agree. 

Flip is plenty innovative and fits the profile of creative offensive guru. He's had several successful stops at the NFL level. 

Caldwell doesn't appear to be the driving force behind Marrone's hire. It seems to be Coughlin. The Syracuse ties and other connections over the years. Marrone had the appearance of being a tough, disciplinarian, but he's soft as bologna. He's at least light years ahead of Gus and is capable of being aggressive at times to win playoff games.

I think Flip got scapegoated for Kirk Cousins just not being close to worth that contract up in Minny. He's a great OC and i love what he's done so far.

McCarthy as a "retread" is more like what an Andy Reid or Tony Dungy would be where they were successful in their first stop and then went on to have debatably more success in their 2nd stop.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(10-17-2019, 09:24 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 06:00 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I like Flip so far but I have to agree. 

Yeah, I said I liked them both. Unfortunately, I think the chances are slim we:

1) Hire a coach from within twice in a row.

2) Give Caldwell a shot at a 3rd coach. 

Personal feelings aside, I just don't see either happening.

With out a doubt i would want B. Leftwich. Loved him when he played here.

(10-17-2019, 10:50 PM)JakobeSVT Wrote: With out a doubt i would want B. Leftwich.  Loved him when he played here.

[Image: facepalm111.jpg]

John DeFilippo
Lincoln Riley
Kris Richard (Keep DFlip as OC if possible)
Jim Harbaugh

(10-17-2019, 11:48 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: John DeFilippo
Lincoln Riley
Jim Harbaugh

1. I'm intrigued , but Freddie Kitchens got the Browns job because he's a QB whisperer and, well...

2. He's not leaving college. 

3. Gus 2.0

4. No.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2019, 12:18 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

(10-18-2019, 12:09 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 11:48 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: John DeFilippo
Lincoln Riley
Jim Harbaugh

1. I'm intrigued , but Freddie Kitchens got the Browns job because he's a QB whisperer and, well... And DFlip is the same as Kitchens, right? lol

2. He's not leaving college. Thanks for letting us know Mrs. Riley

3. Gus 2.0 NO ONE is Gus 2.0

4. No. Because? people on this board love to say Kaep was utter garbage and blah blah blah, well Harbaugh had him playing at pro bowl level and went to the Superbowl with him.

Oh please  Mr. know it all, please be kind and tell us who should be the next HC.

Certain posters seem really confident that Marrone and Coughlin are on the hotseat. Has the FO ever expressed this? I've never seen or felt like either will be on their way out after the season is over. MAYBE Wash...maybe, but even that feels extremely doubtful.

(10-17-2019, 09:57 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 09:24 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Flip is plenty innovative and fits the profile of creative offensive guru. He's had several successful stops at the NFL level. 

I think Flip got scapegoated for Kirk Cousins just not being close to worth that contract up in Minny. He's a great OC and i love what he's done so far.

McCarthy as a "retread" is more like what an Andy Reid or Tony Dungy would be where they were successful in their first stop and then went on to have debatably more success in their 2nd stop.

If major house cleaning does take place (I'm not so convinced it will) then I'd really like to see DeFilippo retained as OC even if they have to give him an asst HC title and pay raise.  I think he's better at finding ways to utilize players' skill sets than anyone we've had in many years at OC.

(10-18-2019, 07:50 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Certain posters seem really confident that Marrone and Coughlin are on the hotseat. Has the FO ever expressed this? I've never seen or felt like either will be on their way out after the season is over. MAYBE Wash...maybe, but even that feels extremely doubtful.

Hopefully another 5 - 11 season and that should trigger Khan to make a move.  If no move and everyone return then staying bad/medicore is what this franchise is all about. #becausejaguars.  No wonder Jalen wanted out.

(10-18-2019, 09:20 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 09:57 PM)Firesky Wrote: I think Flip got scapegoated for Kirk Cousins just not being close to worth that contract up in Minny. He's a great OC and i love what he's done so far.

If major house cleaning does take place (I'm not so convinced it will) then I'd really like to see DeFilippo retained as OC even if they have to give him an asst HC title and pay raise.  I think he's better at finding ways to utilize players' skill sets than anyone we've had in many years at OC.

Indeed. He has a rapport with Foles and now Minshew too.
Would be good for our QB room at least, imo.

(10-18-2019, 09:31 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 07:50 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Certain posters seem really confident that Marrone and Coughlin are on the hotseat. Has the FO ever expressed this? I've never seen or felt like either will be on their way out after the season is over. MAYBE Wash...maybe, but even that feels extremely doubtful.

Hopefully another 5 - 11 season and that should trigger Khan to make a move.  If no move and everyone return then staying bad/medicore is what this franchise is all about. #becausejaguars.  No wonder Jalen wanted out.

Yeah, let's hope they do bad.  

Nice 'fan'.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2019, 09:55 AM by Kane.)

(10-17-2019, 05:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I think that would be the straw that break the camel's back for me.

As in, you'd stop being a fan?

Man... quitters come easy these days.

My gf is a Skins fan and while she does have those SBs to carry her, her team has been downright dreadfully run since Snyder took over. She hates him and everything about him.
That being said, she'd never quit.

Can't believe there are so many fans on here (or maybe I should believe it in the Millennial era of quitting when stuff gets hard and whining your way to a new team) that quit or talk about quitting.

I was here for day one.
I'll be here til my last dying day.

Even if they continue to screw the pooch. Because one day a SB will come. And it'll be that much more glorious.

(10-18-2019, 09:51 AM)Rico Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 09:31 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Hopefully another 5 - 11 season and that should trigger Khan to make a move.  If no move and everyone return then staying bad/medicore is what this franchise is all about. #becausejaguars.  No wonder Jalen wanted out.

Nice 'fan'.

Too many of those on this board.
But like I said in my previous post... that's just how these kids are these days (technically I'm a Millennial but I find it hard to associate myself as such and with them because of the things they do... guess I was just raised different, i.e. not quitting, rolling with the punches, not being easily offended, working hard etc)

(10-18-2019, 09:51 AM)Rico Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 09:31 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Hopefully another 5 - 11 season and that should trigger Khan to make a move.  If no move and everyone return then staying bad/medicore is what this franchise is all about. #becausejaguars.  No wonder Jalen wanted out.

Nice 'fan'.

There's a wide gap of fan integrity between folks that just want the Jags to be good on Madden and actual season ticket holders.

(10-18-2019, 09:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 09:51 AM)Rico Wrote: Yeah, let's hope they do bad.  

Nice 'fan'.

There's a wide gap of fan integrity between folks that just want the Jags to be good on Madden and actual season ticket holders.

I guess I fall somewhere in between. 
Not a STH but I don't play Madden anymore either.

Integrity is a good word to use though. As many people in general just lack it today.